TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Discussion in 'Toronto Maple Leafs' started by Warden of the North, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hide N Seek Champion

Hide N Seek Champion Registered User Sponsor

If Matthews tells him to ask for more, he’ll ask.
    If I was Matthews’ agent, and the Leafs didn’t pay the asking price, I would advise him to wait until July.

2. AreBe

AreBe Registered User

Cap is going up and the amount you can pay your most expensive player goes up too
    We can keep all of our stars - we will keep the fat cats- but everyone else is league minimum wage
    This relates to Sparks, as we need to have rock - bottom cost for backup goalie, we all know this is true
    You pay a player 10 million a year or 1 million a year, never, ever 5 million a year. Welcome to the new age

3. TheShape

TheShape Registered User

Matthews’ contract will be easy. He’ll fall anywhere between Tavares and McDavid.

Marner is the wildcard for me

AreBe likes this.
  4. sxvnert

sxvnert Registered User

Wheeler: "What is Kadri to this team" (based on some Babs comments).

Get a playmaking winger on his line and he'll hit that 30G mark no problem: Hyman-Kadri-Bracco

5. sxvnert

sxvnert Registered User

A 90 or 100 point season = 9.5m+
    I'm expecting 10m per season.

AreBe likes this.
  6. AreBe

AreBe Registered User

Gnashing of teeth, Gnashing of Teeth Canada lost a children's hockey tournament!
    Open phone lines group therapy on how Canada was too weak for those skilled Eurotash skaters
    If you are upset about 18 year olds losing then I have reason to question your judgement
    Canadians need to tone down the chest thumping jingoism and lay off bashing the teenagers who lost, just put this over-hyped thing in perspective and turn down the hate.

Matthews34 likes this.
  7. Anthrax442

Anthrax442 Registered User

Home Page:

He has Nylander right now, doesn't get better than that

8. garce

garce Registered User

Listening to Leafs Lunch sans Andi hosted by Gino Reda, what a pleasure. No talk of Andis appearance, tastes attitudes or family. Just hockey and I don’t particularly like Feschuk and really don’t like Miller. Please send Andi to bigger things and get her off this show.

forecheck likes this.
  9. Warden of the North

Warden of the North The Matthews Show

Mark Roe is my favourite "guest host" when Andi is away.

Hes way better then Andi. I dont really like Gino much to be honest.

TMLeafer likes this.
  10. garce

garce Registered User

I like Roe as well, anyone who will stick to the point of the show, Leafs and hockey in general ,is just fine. It’s the “me” theme that Andi brings far to often and far to long that I can’t abide.

Warden of the North likes this.
  11. Gsh

Gsh Registered User

Yea! Screw depth!

AreBe likes this.
  12. AreBe

AreBe Registered User

Now you understand the cap and how it works!
    Between the fat-cats and the OK NHLer guys is a massive breadth
    Depth is one of a long list of penalties Leafs fans pay to prop up hockey in marginal hockey markets and we worship the NHL as a true Canadian cultural phenomenon, we are a bunch of idiot jerks!
    Sparks is an award winning goalie and getting rid of him is textbook Harold Ballard era "thinking" which was not at all in-depth

13. Faltorvo

Faltorvo Registered User

OH, i don't know about that

The Jets have 23m in cap , they need to add 11 contracts ,RFAs Liane (will get Matthews $), Trouba (will get Gardiner $), Conner (will get Nylander $) plus 5 regular icetime RFAs and Myers UFA

TBay is in the worst shape and it's not even close,, 6.3m in cap space and they need 8 contracts ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Point (will get 10m),,,,Stralman,Girardi,Coburn 3 of their top D are UFA and thats only half of the 8 contracts needed.

14. Faltorvo

Faltorvo Registered User

The media always need drama, angst , they are playing too well to draw to make it about that.

If they don't keep that chatter local then they will have to point out teams like Tbay/The Jets and "oh my how will they ever fix that".

It would kill their angst narrative of "offer sheet ,offer sheet" ,,, Someone going to tell me players like Brayden Point,,Lainne,Trouba,Conners (coming off back to back 30g seasons) are not offer sheet worthy?
    How about Rantanen? 6.3m is their highest cap hit , will they poney up the 10m he is worth in the "new market"?

AreBe likes this.
  15. AreBe

AreBe Registered User

TSN 1050 and the Fan 590 and their affiliated TV networks are Toronto based as are the listenership and viewership.
    Sort of like Toronto Blue Jays and Raptors players don't get recognition because it's not on ESPN, if it happens outside of Toronto, then it didn't happen on Sportsnet or TSN, so the rest of the country thinks we are a spoiled brat
    Toronto sports are easy for broke and lazy Toronto networks to cover-unlike anywhere else- and the teams have PR departments to spin the position of ownership.
    Hockey fans outside of Toronto - heck even in Toronto! - get pissed off when the monotony of hockey is broken by some talk of Leonard, Lowry or whoever for the Blue Jays is at bat.

16. Hide N Seek Champion

Hide N Seek Champion Registered User Sponsor

Exactly.....the opposite occurs....but that’s OK

17. AreBe

AreBe Registered User

But it is true! Toronto gets far more coverage here in Canada
    It's like the converse of ESPN, all Toronto, all the way
    Sportsnet and TSN are Toronto heavy, it is easy algebra
    The rest of Canada probably tires of the Toronto Sports Network that is what I have to say,

18. Deebo

Deebo Registered User

If you listen to national shows like Hockey Central Saturday, then you will see that all teams get coverage.

Local shows on TSN1050 and 590 are going to be Toronto centric, just like local shows in other markets in Canada will focus on the home team in those market. This "Toronto Sports Network" stuff is a bunch of crap that people out west like to whine about.

TSN1050 and FAN590 are local stations, they will focus on local stories, the rest of Canada has their own Local stations so who cares if they are tired of us.

19. TheShape

TheShape Registered User

I get the vibe Mike Johnson doesn’t have much time for Gino Reda or Gord Miller.

Refreshing hearing someone else cut Miller off for once.

AreBe, Tracer Bullet and leafs94 like this.
  20. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Registered User

Love it. No idea why no one ever challenges Miller. I can only assume it is because of his seniority at TSN and they know it's a battle they would always lose.

21. leafs94

leafs94 Registered User

Yeah Johnson doesnt really care, hes not really a TSN employee.

22. WillNy29

WillNy29 Registered User

Apparently Coliacavo called Nylander not an NHL player right now?...lol I hope Carlo's glass bones reads this...you sucked at hockey

In the preds game Armstrong essentially insulted the intelligence of leaf fans

AreBe likes this.
  23. AreBe

AreBe Registered User

Should do some reading on these boards and get some insights on the correctness of Armstrong
    "Get rid of Nylander!" "Fire Babcock! " " What's the deal with all of this excessive skill?!"" Enough with these analytics based plans!"
    Leafs fans still demand penalty box sitters! Dinosaurs convinced they don't have it wrong!
    Leafs fans want to get rid of Sparks! Then wonder why he's hoisting the cup elsewhere- while we wait for the cup as we piss into bedpans!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    WillNy29 likes this.
  24. 93WrapAround

93WrapAround Registered User

I was pretty shocked the other night when none of Hayes, Ferraro, or Odog admitted to having ever watched any of Breaking Bad. Actually Ferraro was the only one that had watched an episode and said he watched the first one and just didn't get it or the appeal. Completely blown away - not only was Breaking Bad unreal and imo a must-see show, but the first episode was one of my favourite first episodes of any show ever, so I'm lost and disappointed at Ferraro's comments!

The Big D, AreBe and OddyOh like this.
  25. LeafFever

LeafFever Registered User

Can Gord Miller go a minute without mentioning getting texts or having dinner with a top "NHL EXEC"? We get it Gord, you are important.

Anthrax442, OddyOh and Tracer Bullet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.