TSN: NHLpa Rock Solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Yeah, there's no way they are "rock solid." Besides, I didn't for a second think that they would come out and publicly say the opposite. No surprise to me unfortunately.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
trahans99 said:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=116637

What a joke, they are really dumb listening to Bob. Don't they realize the longer they don't accept an offer the more they will lose.

of course they are rock solid.

They are no longer due any money. The season is almost "Scheduled" to be up. Meaning they are no longer out any paychecks.

Rock solid will turn to "Tumbling down the mountian" when their next check is due next season.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Jaded-Fan said:
If Bob Goodenow jumped off a bridge, would you?

Ummm . . . . :blush:

"Bob, Did you really expect your players to follow you off the bridge?"

"You just dont understand, You werent at the Jumping Meeting. Talk to Gary, its Gary's doing, he has all the answers"

chiavsfan

"It was unfortunate we didn't get something done a week and a half ago," said NHLPA president Trevor Linden, a veteran Vancouver Canuck. "We tried to address the league's issues and we felt we did that, but we are going to try to work and get something that is fair and works for both sides, hopefully sooner than later."

What a load of mularky...if that is the honest to god truth...then you would have went into the meeting with Mario and Wayne and actually talked about what you told them you wanted to talk about. This whole group is a joke

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
:lol Sure does piss you Gary followers off that the PA is still held together with strong ties, doesn't it?
:lol

Jaysfanatic*

Brewleaguer said:
:lol Sure does piss you Gary followers off that the PA is still held together with strong ties, doesn't it?

Not at all, because the only people that are saying that they're together is Bob and his lackeys Linden, and Pronger.......he doesn't speak for the rest of them, if Commodore, Ray, all those guys come out and say, WE LOVE THE PA, then I'll believe it.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Brewleaguer said:
Strong ties....oh you mean stupidity...just hold on guys and Bob will get you the right deal...keep on dreaming and drinking what ya been drinking boys...

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
brewleaguer said:
Sure does piss you Gary followers off that the PA is still held together with strong ties, doesn't it?
No, it just pisses me off that the players have been standing in the rain for 2 years and continue to claim there has not been a cloudy day as the water approaches eye level.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Devilsfanatic said:
Not at all, because the only people that are saying that they're together is Bob and his lackeys Linden, and Pronger.......he doesn't speak for the rest of them, if Commodore, Ray, all those guys come out and say, WE LOVE THE PA, then I'll believe it.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Brewleaguer said:

It does because as long as the PA doesn't face reality we won't see any hockey. That is what we all would like to see!!

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
neelynugs said:
speaking of denial... :shakehead

Read his past posts... he's most likely a player, a relative of a player, or a PA staffer...

That, or a ditch digger. Similar educations; but far different salaries.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Smart Alek said:
Read his past posts... he's most likely a player, a relative of a player, or a PA staffer...

That, or a ditch digger. Similar educations; but far different salaries.

Maybe if you DID read ALL my past posts you'd find out the I have a long standing background in upper management in business. So with that said, I know what Bettman is up to. But you figure it out, it will better YOUR education.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Brewleaguer said:
Maybe if you DID read ALL my past posts you'd find out the I have a long standing background in upper management in business. So with that said, I know what Bettman is up to. But you figure it out, it will better YOUR education.

So a fellow with a "long standing background in upper management in business" spends a considerable amount of his time on an internet message board arguing with teenagers over a dispute he has nothing to do with.

Likely story.

(Tell Bob I say 'Hi')

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ScottyBowman said:
Glad the players have a spine unlike the posters in here who lick the boots of the owners and would sell their own mother.

What was Detroit's payroll in the 2003-4 season? I forgot.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I try to stay as neutral as possible when reading and discussing these kind of issues but the players' comments in the article are ridiculous. It seems the PA's official defense is, "They are all business guys not hockey guys, they don't understand the situation, we need hockey guys to be apart of this."

Lawyers have done most of the talking - and not enough team presidents and general managers, says Linden.

"I thought the meeting really reaffirmed the solidarity of our union," said Peca. "We were encouraged to ask questions."

Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla also voiced support of association leaders.

"Trevor Linden and Bob are going to get us a deal - a fair deal," he said. "Whatever that fair deal is, that's their decision.

"We believe in them."

"I don't think solidarity was ever gone," Goodenow said. "To see how the players operate as a group, when you have as many as 150 of these guys together, to say the least, it's impressive.

"They do get it. They do understand it. Anyone who thinks they don't is way off base."

All of these comments smack of programmed responses. The league, via Bettman and Daly have the some kind of comments to be fair too.

However the NHLPA needs to remember this is a business first. These ARE business guys yes and they understand that their business is in financial trouble and they are looking to solidify their investments. The owners have every right to demand changes that prevent loses. Businesses are run to make profits and if one doesn't the owner has the right to pull the plug or do whatever it takes to get as close as possible to a guaranteed profit. The players being the supplier and the product most lower their cost to be buyable to the owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->