TSN: NHL GMs invite players to meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Its also nice to see Brodeur there as I assume he will voice his disgust on the new nets being proposed, and he could be used in ways to regulate the size of goaltenders equipment, which I'm sure he will have an opinion and ideas of how to do so, since he is one of the only goalies not abusing the system.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
kerrly said:
Its also nice to see Brodeur there as I assume he will voice his disgust on the new nets being proposed, and he could be used in ways to regulate the size of goaltenders equipment, which I'm sure he will have an opinion and ideas of how to do so, since he is one of the only goalies not abusing the system.

Yea, he'll want to shrink the net, increase goalie pads by 3 inches and allow goalies to skate anywhere on the ice.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
nyrmessier011 said:
Yea, he'll want to shrink the net, increase goalie pads by 3 inches and allow goalies to skate anywhere on the ice.

Do you even think about what you say anymore?

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
nyrmessier011 said:

Brodeur wears the smallest equipment out of any goalie in the NHL.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
As a goalie, I really think they should regulate the chest protector and the pants. Reducing the width of the pad won't have a huge effect.

With the chest protector, I would like to see them implement some sort of regulations to how high the protector can be off the shoulders. The problem is, the goalie could be legal before the game, then once he gets out of the ice, he could quickly adjust a couple straps, and voila.

My goalie pants are rediculous.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-90879101131287_1834_3640820

That side strip where it says Itech is not protecting any part of my body. It's just taking up space.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Hmm, so the idea is to invite as many Colorado, Detroit, and Jersey players to get their input?

How about some folks from non-Cup hogs?

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
nyrmessier011 said:
nah, just some pro-player guy here i guess...take some medication and relax

Just make some sense and that will be all the medicine I need, unless of course you were being sarcastic, which I hope you were.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
As a goalie I use basic standard equipment except for the goalie pants. Like the other guy says goalie pants can get a bit ridiculous. My goalie pants are ginormous and really unnecessary. Although of course I don't really care. It actually helps me cover up the 5 hole a little more too. Also the knee flaps on the side kind of stuck out to help reduce the 5-hole as well. I DO agree the flaps are needed for knee support I think they can make them thinner or do something with them though so it has no impact in saving a puck.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
kerrly said:
Just make some sense and that will be all the medicine I need, unless of course you were being sarcastic, which I hope you were.

obviously i was being sarcastic...to clarify my point to everyone who couldnt understand my sarcasm...i dont like the fact that brodeur is the goalie being sent, i think he will object to any change that will hurt his numbers...i just think he's that type of guy, i dont like him...thats my opinion

hubofhockey

Aug 14, 2003
Two choices for goalies

PeterSidorkiewicz said:
As a goalie I use basic standard equipment except for the goalie pants. Like the other guy says goalie pants can get a bit ridiculous. My goalie pants are ginormous and really unnecessary. Although of course I don't really care. It actually helps me cover up the 5 hole a little more too. Also the knee flaps on the side kind of stuck out to help reduce the 5-hole as well. I DO agree the flaps are needed for knee support I think they can make them thinner or do something with them though so it has no impact in saving a puck.

Goalies should be given one of two options, if they want all their pads, etc. to remains the same.

1. They play with NO stick

or

2. They play with the stick used by forwards and defensemen.

kpd/hoh

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
hubofhockey said:
Goalies should be given one of two options, if they want all their pads, etc. to remains the same.

or

kpd/hoh

My personal opinion is that idea is completely insane. Restrict the goaltending a little thats fine but why do we need radical changes? Ok maybe im wrong here but I feel as if EVERYONE is over reacting to these rule changes and how bad the game actually is. Honestly I thought the past playoffs we had were awesome as hell. I mean go ahead and make some subtle changes here and there that's always good, but all these radical ideas are just stupid to me. The most radical idea that I personally would go as far as doing is getting rid of the red line although theres tons of debate whether it hurts or helps offense and theres good arguments for both. I enjoyed the NHL last year and with a few minour changes I think it can be even better. Lets start at square one, LETS DUST OFF THE ACTUAL RULE BOOK AND USE IT. Thats the FIRST step, why make new rules when the old ones arent enforced? AFTER rules are called properly then its time for little tweaks here and there. Thats my take on it anyway.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
hubofhockey said:

or

kpd/hoh
no - they shouldn't have a catching glove and turn the stick around like they used to in the 20's -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad