TSN: News Conference Wednesday at 1pm ET to announce cancellation of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
This is what I expected all along. I'll watch when it comes back, but i'll feel no emotional attachment to these douchebags(both sides), and won't spend a red penny on merchandise or tickets.

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
X8oD said:
it may be funny, but im sure its goign to be required to retain your season ticket spot.

My dad went half in on season Tickets for the wings in 1992. It was cool going to 20+ home games. 1994 lock out, his partner bought him out, and then requested a refund early into the lockout [november\december]. he lost his spot because he didnt put a deposit down.

True hockey fans who have waited for season ticket spots WONT walk away from this with out gaurenteeing thier spot next season. espeically if they allow you to just subtract a certian amount from the refund and put it down towards a deposit.
True, think about the wait to get Leafs tickets. You think any Leaf fan is going to not pay the deposit and risk going to the end of the line when/if hockey returns?

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
X8oD said:
it may be funny, but im sure its goign to be required to retain your season ticket spot.

My dad went half in on season Tickets for the wings in 1992. It was cool going to 20+ home games. 1994 lock out, his partner bought him out, and then requested a refund early into the lockout [november\december]. he lost his spot because he didnt put a deposit down.

True hockey fans who have waited for season ticket spots WONT walk away from this with out gaurenteeing thier spot next season. espeically if they allow you to just subtract a certian amount from the refund and put it down towards a deposit.

Poor suckers who will maintain their season tickets to in all likelihood watch scabs.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
WhalerBoy said:
I got a lot of respect for you as a mod, and you seem to know your hockey.

BUT, how in the hell does one live in Philly and cheer for the Red Sox?

If your a Philly boy, isnt it Flyers/Phillies/Eagles/Sixers or death?

:)

I'm pretty sure he likes the Phillies and the Sox.

No biggie. Different conferences, almost zero chance of seeing them face off against each other when it counts ;).

I like the Titans and the Cowboys - same concept - easy to cheer for both and still be a die-hard for both.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Enoch said:
I'm pretty sure he likes the Phillies and the Sox.

No biggie. Different conferences, almost zero chance of seeing them face off against each other when it counts ;).

I like the Titans and the Cowboys - same concept - easy to cheer for both and still be a die-hard for both.

Oh, yeah, I was just kidding. Im not a my team or nothing kind of guy, so I never get that one team thing. But it seems any philly fans i know, in any of the big sports, (lets assume here hockey is still a big sport in philly) are always a little maniacal about their guys! Philly and Boston are probably the two places where you see the greatest amount of homers, so to see someone like both, kinda off.

but then again, who am i to talk, here in Leafland, and all i want are my Whalers back! :cry:

by the way, is it true that the season will be cancelled, to bring in a cap, to bring back the Whalers?????? :D

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
WhalerBoy said:
but then again, who am i to talk, here in Leafland, and all i want are my Whalers back! :cry:

by the way, is it true that the season will be cancelled, to bring in a cap, to bring back the Whalers?????? :D
shhhhhhhh.

all part of our evil plan.

Whirlwind

Feb 14, 2005
US
X8oD said:

Some of us might not have a spot to worry about. Some of us might just might not have a team to have season tickets for after the lockout.
:speechles

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
WhalerBoy said:
Oh, yeah, I was just kidding. Im not a my team or nothing kind of guy, so I never get that one team thing. But it seems any philly fans i know, in any of the big sports, (lets assume here hockey is still a big sport in philly) are always a little maniacal about their guys! Philly and Boston are probably the two places where you see the greatest amount of homers, so to see someone like both, kinda off.

Moving the Whale to from Hartford to Raleigh, North Carolina (for God sakes) was among the first of Bettman's many follies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Leafer4Life said:
Not that we know of, but that doesn't mean that they aren't meeting secretly. Who knows?

They are meeting, and it was confirmed by TSN and Sportnet, but did you guys really need an official announcement from them to know that they were going to meet again...

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Don't know about the veracity of this report, but if it's true, good.

As Elmer has been saying for a week now...

Kill the Season! Kill the Season!!

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
TSN has updated with: "TSN has learned that NHL executive vice-president Bill Daly and NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin met Monday at an undisclosed location in a last-ditch attempt to save the season. The two sides are still behind closed doors while Bettman and Goodenow were not in the room."

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Isles72 said:
deadline hunter doing his thing ?

You better believe it...as much as I hate everything Goodenow stands for, he's shown that he's a great negotiator, in terms of putting pressure...now all that can go to waste if they don't come with a serious proposal

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
417 TO MTL said:
You better believe it...as much as I hate everything Goodenow stands for, he's shown that he's a great negotiator, in terms of putting pressure...now all that can go to waste if they don't come with a serious proposal

Great negotiator? The guy just led 700 people to lose millions of dollars for nothing... whats more, if the league does cancel the season, they lose the millions and will eventually come back under a linkage/cap system, basically making this whole loss of millions completely meaningless.

Great negotiators recognize when theyre beat, and make the best deal. The best deal has come and gone and the players just got screwed by their own PA leadership's greed and, what looks like, pride.

Goodenow is many things, but a great negotiator he is not.

SENSible1*

no13matssundin said:
Great negotiator? The guy just led 700 people to lose millions of dollars for nothing... whats more, if the league does cancel the season, they lose the millions and will eventually come back under a linkage/cap system, basically making this whole loss of millions completely meaningless.

Great negotiators recognize when theyre beat, and make the best deal. The best deal has come and gone and the players just got screwed by their own PA leadership's greed and, what looks like, pride.

Goodenow is many things, but a great negotiator he is not.

We'll see what the deal is before passing judgement, but Marvin Miller's assessment should be ringing in Bob's ears.
"There's nothing more disastrous for the future of a labour organization and its members than enduring a long stoppage, then folding," Miller said.

If the owners get a cap of any kind in this negotiation, Goodenow will be judged by his hero's words.

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Greschner4 said:
It's good news that it got pushed back a day, IMO too.

I'm at 60-40 there's a season.

The reason for the delay is so the hockey world can attend Louis Sutters funeral tomorrow and still be available to the individual press conferances scheduled at the conclusion of Bettmans/league presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad