TSN: News Conference Wednesday at 1pm ET to announce cancellation of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Feb 14, 2005
Ottawa
Guys i am not Eklund lol ....i go to his site and read his stuff and i have believed some of it until now but with the things going down the way they are i dont have too much faith in him. So NO i am not eklund haha ..nice try though!

I defenitly did not make up the reports from the Fan 590 ...This whole thing on a cancellation tommorow well the seems very legit but we don't for sure is really going on behind the scenes. If something is actually being worked on then they wouldn't want any part of it going into the media. Anyway they are defenitly meeting if you don't beleive the report ..just think even if they don't get a deal done they would give it one last shot ! :dunno:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How can anyone claim mike755 is lying when the media stream isin't working for anyone?

Anyways, dosen't take genius or some report from fan 590, TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN, etc...to know that both sides will talk again...

50 Mission Cap

Mar 3, 2002
Pembroke, Ontario
www.tmlfans.ca
mike755 said:
Guys i am not Eklund lol ....i go to his site and read his stuff and i have believed some of it until now but with the things going down the way they are i dont have too much faith in him. So NO i am not eklund haha ..nice try though!

I defenitly did not make up the reports from the Fan 590 ...This whole thing on a cancellation tommorow well the seems very legit but we don't for sure is really going on behind the scenes. If something is actually being worked on then they wouldn't want any part of it going into the media. Anyway they are defenitly meeting if you don't beleive the report ..just think even if they don't get a deal done they would give it one last shot ! :dunno:

I've been listening to the FAN all morning and haven't heard anything about this meeting.

Care to try again.

The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Feb 14, 2005
Ottawa
k , waffledave ..for the LAST TIME i was not lying!! I am always the one who thinks other people are lying when they report something , and i never know what to think and if it is true or not...so i would never make something up , i'm just not like that and i think it's stupid.
Now ..the whole thing about the connection to the fan over the internet not working then sorry man but that's your problem. It worked for me and that is what i heard so i reported it here . Also the Hockeycentral pannel on Sportsnet was just on at the bottom of the hour and they were discussing the conference call tommorow and they said that most likley they are meeting now and giving it one last kick at the can ...

So you can continue to bash me , but i'm telling you what i'm hearing as im very interested in knowing what is going on !

creative giant*

417 TO MTL said:
How can anyone claim mike755 is lying when the media stream isin't working for anyone?

That's the point, mike755 said he heard it via the online stream.

The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Feb 14, 2005
Ottawa
Hey 50 mission cap ...look man i'm sure you haven't been listening all mornnig! You very well could have missed it....i'm telling you they were discussing it for a good 20 minutes around 11 i think. I can't confirm what program it is casue i listne to the Team 1200 and i live it Ottawa. Also the hockeycentral pannel was disucssing the announcment but said that they most likley are talking...i mean it makes perfect sense ! So stop trying to prove me wrong guys!

Anyway well know very very soon!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
shekki said:
That's the point, mike755 said he heard it via the online stream.

Well maybe he heard it when it was working?

i don't he's lying, nor do I see the point, and no one can claim he is lying cause this can't be confirmed right now...

P.S.-My wish for a time machine, has never been as important as it is now

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
And now, the end is near
And so I face, the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it loud,
I'll say it clear
I’ll state my case
Of which I’m certain.
I’ve lived a life that’s full,
I traveled each and every highway,
And more, much more than this.
I did it my way.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sinatra: Ol' Blue Eyes Greatest Hits - available from Time Life Recordings.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion of whether or not there are meetings scheduled for today, why the Fan590 streaming link isn't working and whether or not mike755 is stinkin' liar.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
But you’ll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die

This is the end

The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Feb 14, 2005
Ottawa
If season is actually then cancelled tommorow..

Well here we are... the end is very near. If these reports are true and the season is actually cancelled then it's going to be a huge relief to everybody invlolved especially the fans who have been put through hell this entire time. Everybody is tired and pissed off and I just want to move on with things and hope a deal can get done in time for the start of the 05-06 season which gives them 7 months!!

Anyway hopefully they are meeting today and maybe just maybe there is a proposal on the table from the NHLPA. If there has ever been such little hope it's now ..but maybe there can be a miracle and the right thing will happen and a deal will get done! Highly unlikley but as of tommorow ..one way or another we can all forget about this till the summer!!

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Maybee I'm mistaken but a couple of weeks ago when they met for 13 hours or so, there wasall the hype about Goodenow being a "Deadline Hunter" well here's the Deadline, if he is a deadline hunter I imagine he very well might hunt it.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Jobu said:
Bell tolls for NHL on Tuesday

It looks like the NHL season has finally used up its nine lives as commissioner Gary Bettman is reportedly ready to axe the season.

(CP) -- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman will announce the cancellation of the 2004-05 season at a news conference Tuesday in New York, following the failure of both sides in the labour dispute to get a deal on paper by his weekend deadline.

The league was to put out an advisory later Monday but a source confirmed to The Canadian Press that the announcement will take place Tuesday.

MORE LATER

Top of Page

Bell Tolls For NHLPA :handclap: !!!!!!!!!!!!

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Can we change the thread title back to my original, or at least something that indicates that the press conference to cancel the season is planned for tomorrow?

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
The media are always the last ones to learn that they are meeting. Of course they will meet today, dosent take a genius to know that....They will try one last time, the PA will be making an offer it could be rejected but the season is not done yet.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Chuck Shick said:
Bell Tolls For NHLPA :handclap: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look to the sky just before you die
It is the last time you will
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky
Shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry
Stranger now, are his eyes, to this mystery
He hears the silence so loud
Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be
Now they will see what will be, blinded eyes to see

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Ya who changed it? It really doesn't reflect whats in the thread.

....... And it doesnt even make sense... "If season is actually then cancelled tomorrow.."

?!?!?! :dunno: :help: :dunce:

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Scugs said:

....... And it doesnt even make sense... "If season is actually then cancelled tomorrow.."

I would imagine a Mod did it and it is probably due to the fact that it had an unsubstantiated time for the press conf. Just a guess.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Scugs said:

a mod merged it with mike755's thread but for some reason kept his incomprehensible thread name :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad