Status
Not open for further replies.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
22 NEW JERSEY DEVAN DUBNYK, G, Kamloops (WHL

"This is my WTF part of this mock draft" - Russian Fan

Other than that, I LOVE it. Chipchura at 18th for Montreal, I suspect McKenzie to read every team boards before making the picks...we are very high on this Chipchura boy on the Habs forum.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I have to disagree with TSN here...Ducks have a big need for Defense and Thelen not picked in the top 8...he would for sure go to Anaheim at #9.

nothing against Stafford but were not going to use a top 10 pick on a forward if he doesn't have first line potential.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
markov` said:
22 NEW JERSEY DEVAN DUBNYK, G, Kamloops (WHL

"This is my WTF part of this mock draft" - Russian Fan

Other than that, I LOVE it. Chipchura at 18th for Montreal, I suspect McKenzie to read every team boards before making the picks...we are very high on this Chipchura boy on the Habs forum.

I agree with that quote, NJ taking him is weird and won't happen unless he falls to the third or later. Chipchura is awsome, I'm a big fan, MTL would be a good situation for him.

LightningFast

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I think Nashville would take Chipchura over Shremp, if both were available. Chipchura is the definitive kind of player that David Poile loves and drafts.

Nashville needs a big scorer, Shremp has a champ to be a star scorer ...

Enough of these Scott Hartnell and Scottie Upshall types in Nashville.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
LightningFast said:
Nashville needs a big scorer, Shremp has a champ to be a star scorer ...

Enough of these Scott Hartnell and Scottie Upshall types in Nashville.

but no center will ever be a scorer in nashville, at least not while they're playing trotz's system. not when they're not allowed to play much past the top of faceoff circles in the offensive zone. they're used a defensemen, while the offensive half of whatever defensive pairing plays deep. it's not a coincidence that david legwand is only scoring 18 goals a year when he has the tools for more.

as for hartnell, he scored 18 goals in 59 games, this year. when he was healthy, he was arguably our most dominant scorer, and finally looking like a true power forward. scorers will have to come on the wing, and we've got timofei shishkanov probably one more season away, and konstantin glazachev not too far behind, both legitimate snipers.

degroat*

markov` said:
I suspect McKenzie to read every team boards before making the picks.

I suspect that that is very untrue.

Teams keep their draft boads private for a reason.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I wouldn't be *too* surprised if New Jersey drafted Devan Dubnyk...he'll be the third goalie they've taken in the first round since Martin Brodeur (Jean-Francois Damphousse and Ari Ahonen are others).

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
I wouldn't be *too* surprised if New Jersey drafted Devan Dubnyk...he'll be the third goalie they've taken in the first round since Martin Brodeur (Jean-Francois Damphousse and Ari Ahonen are others).

In theory, shouldn't that decrease the odds of them drafting one yet again?

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Alex Kovalev said:
I think Radulov is too low, thats just my opinion. I think someone in the top 10 will take a chance on him.

Radulov seems to be the flavor of the pre-draft. He's got a very potential but i'm not so sure he's top 10 material maybe top 10 best upside though.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
WVUCanesFan said:
Smid at #8... dunno. Not a bad call, but something tells me the Canes would go for Thelen over him.

Well Thelen is one of the favorites on HF but I do think Smid is a very top 10 potential on june 26th.

Darcy Wakaluk

Apr 30, 2004
TSN.ca has Thelen at 13th, THN have him at 15th and CSS have him at 11th for N.A. Skaters. Is it just me, or is Thelen very overrated on these boards?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Darcy Wakaluk said:
TSN.ca has Thelen at 13th, THN have him at 15th and CSS have him at 11th for N.A. Skaters. Is it just me, or is Thelen very overrated on these boards?

No it's not just you. At a point this season everyone was throwing him into the top 5 of their mock drafts, and so it just became habit for others to put him in their top 10s. I think he's a definite top 15, and possibly a low top 10, but it's certainly possible he's not even one of the top 3 d-men selected.

regdunlap7

Sep 28, 2003
lowell, ma
Visit site
I definitely like Chipchura for the Habs. While I'd like a big, bruising defenseman who can make the first pass out of his zone too, size and strength up front is probably the biggest need.

thestonedkoala

Burns...*sighs* AM I the only guy high on this guy on defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad