TSN: Meeting over; next meeting likely on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
4 hours they met, article saids no progress but i dont buy it, its numbers now...a deal will be struck in the next month.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Good boys again.

They're not going to tell us this, but I wonder how long was spent in caucus at each meeting.

Regardless, I'm enouraged by the very business like tone of the NHL's release and by the meetings continuing as scheduled. And a big :handclap: to the absense of the phrase "philosophical differences."

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I would not be shocked to see if all 4 hours were spent in small groups...

Talking about yesterdays concepts..

I actually think Tuesdays meeting is the time where one side(or both perhaps) needs to come with an offer.... Its the PA's turn.... but a good offer by ownership might be whats needed to break it open.... a solid offer by the NHL might be enough to end this... the PA is ready to end the losing war I think...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My favorite part is that everything is based on revenue levels.

Who provides the revenue? The fans and sponsors.

And right now, the average fan would be hard-pressed to spend money for a lockout that engulfed an entire season to provide that revenue.

Right now, most sponsors would be hard-pressed to spend any money on a sport that they most likely will make little to no money on.

Before there is a deal that is done, the NHL and NHLPA need to agree on exactly how much revenue they expect from us, the fans and sponsors.

What I want to know is who is coming up with these numbers? I can come up with estimates, they will be just as valid as any expert's would.

At the point we are at, both sides can say what they want, the fact of the matter is that neither side will know how much their proposal will work until it is put into use.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
To make things work...

I strongly believe that the NHL will have to let next season be a wash.... Not count it against revenue and linkage.... Its too unpredictable to esitmate..

Honestly, I would not be shocked to see the NHL take in 2 billion in revenue if a deal is worked out by July...

I also would not be shocked to see it in the 800-900 million range...

If it DOES hit that low... it is 95% likely that it will pop back up alot the next season.......

another problem... its impossible to project what revenue will be without a CBA in place... and its difficult to make a new CBA without knowing what revenue will be..

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->