TSN: Meeting is under way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
It's long!!!!!! I want the meeting to end!

Is there any news from the meeting?

I WANT ANSWERS! :cry:

Please Mr. Lemieux and Mr. Gretzky make someting great of this one! :bow:

Vic Rattlehead*

Reilly311 said:
but they wont

Exactly. Teams like Chicago, Carolina, Anaheim, and a couple of others won't spend up to the cap.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
ryanlambert said:
if bettman and goodenow were still involved maybe.

"We don't even HAVE Comic Sans. You can look at our computer!"

"We don't need to look!"

TSN reported on there one hour update that Bettman was sent back to the league offices after a breakfast meeting with ownership groups and Bill Daly. Bettman doesn't seem to be involved.

Vic Rattlehead*

HaBs_ReNeGaTe said:
It's long!!!!!! I want the meeting to end!

Is there any news from the meeting?

I WANT ANSWERS! :cry:

Please Mr. Lemieux and Mr. Gretzky make someting great of this one! :bow:

Patience. It's only been 4 and a half hours.

Vic Rattlehead*

vanlady said:
TSN reported on there one hour update that Bettman was sent back to the league offices after a breakfast meeting with ownership groups and Bill Daly. Bettman doesn't seem to be involved.

He doesn't need to be involved. Daly is probably working for him, which is why the had a breakfast meeting (Bettman probably told him the gameplan)

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
but they wont

I know. Were you saying there was no point in an escalating cap for the league or the players? The league doesn't have to give up much, but it is a somewhat better deal for the players than a cap at 42 million that doesn't move at all for 6 years.

Anthony*

ryanlambert said:
if bettman and goodenow were still involved maybe.

"We don't even HAVE Comic Sans. You can look at our computer!"

"We don't need to look!"
:lol:

Vic Rattlehead*

Spooner said:
You'd think someone would leave to take a pee break and fill us in. This is just inconsiderate.

You don't pee in a time like this. You hold it to keep negotiations. :joker:

X0ssbar

It’s times like these you learn to live again
It’s times like these you give and give again
It’s times like these you learn to love again
It’s times like these time and time again

C'mon boys, close this baby out!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
PR stunt. Both sides were taking major negative media attention.

So they plan one last meeting on, coincidentally, Hockey Day in Canada

Some heat deflected: "We gave it our last best shot. At least we really tried."

(why was the thread on this topic pulled off the boards? it's a legitimate perspective even if one doesn't agree with it)

Result will be an "agreement in principle" with nothing signed, but ala, still too late to be practical this season, but at least we know there will be a season next year, don't fret too much.

Then a few months later we'll hear that the agreement "in principle" has broken down and there's nothing signed. Season doen't open in October, finally, agreement reached December or January, as predicted by many all along.

Today is a smokescreen guys. There will be no season.

The winners will be the nhl and nhlpa (both, a little) by blunting the criticism this week and coming up with some major face saving.

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
VanIslander said:
PR stunt. Both sides were taking major negative media attention.

So they plan one last meeting on, coincidentally, Hockey Day in Canada

Some heat deflected: "We gave it our last best shot. At least we really tried."

(why was the thread on this topic pulled off the boards? it's a legitimate perspective even if one doesn't agree with it)

Result will be an "agreement in principle" with nothing signed, but ala, still too late to be practical this season, but at least we know there will be a season next year, don't fret too much.

Then a few months later we'll hear that the agreement "in principle" has broken down and there's nothing signed. Season doen't open in October, finally, agreement reached December or January, as predicted by many all along.

Today is a smokescreen guys. There will be no season.

The winners will be the nhl and nhlpa (both, a little) by blunting the criticism this week and coming up with some major face saving.

I bet you know who shot JFK as well... :shakehead

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
19bruins19 said:
Exactly. Teams like Chicago, Carolina, Anaheim, and a couple of others won't spend up to the cap.

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Anaheim already over the supposed cap? They got Giguere at 5.5 (I think), Sykora at 4 something, and Fedorov at 10, and thats just three guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad