TSN: Lamoriello, Isles not better off without Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's funny Lamoriello said this because during training camp he mentioned how Tavares never won a Stanley Cup during his time with the Islanders.

https://www.tsn.ca/lou-lamoriello-new-york-islanders-not-better-off-without-john-tavares-1.1292556

“Absolutely not,’’ Lamoriello said, per Newsday. “He would have been an asset to this team, there’s no question. But that didn’t work out. He had every right to make the decision he made, and he’s in Toronto. But you go forward. You don’t allow anything to get in the way.’’

Reactions: Voight and Slyfox

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Great coach,nothing he has said or done is wrong...He has the NYI playing the way they need to, to win ...Best off season addition by any team

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
hes not the coach
Yep my bad ,but he and Lou have had the biggest impact on their new teams...JT has been great with Toronto as well,but the NYI havent had this kinda of success in decades

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What’s he supposed to say? “Yeah, **** him”?
That's basically what Lamoriello said during training camp and today he seemed to changed his opinion.

Islanders GM Lamoriello moving on from Tavares: 'Teams win, not players' - Sportsnet.ca

“It’s different if they had won championships. It’s different if they had had a lot of success. They haven’t done much — and I don’t say that with any disrespect,” Lamoriello told the New York Post’s Brett Cyrgalis. “Haven’t been to the playoffs the last couple years. Things haven’t worked out the way everybody would have liked them to, from what my understanding is.

“So, an aftermath? There’s no such thing in my mind. What the players we have here should be thinking about is not making the playoffs last year, and that’s what the goal should be. Teams win, not players. Individual players win some games, but teams win championships. And that’s what we have to create.”

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
That's basically what Lamoriello said during training camp and today he seemed to changed his opinion.

Islanders GM Lamoriello moving on from Tavares: 'Teams win, not players' - Sportsnet.ca

Why are you bringing crap up from training camp? Because the moronic canadian media wanted to throw some drama out there today? Don't fall for that crap.

Maybe they should have thrown out an article about how Tavares almost signed with the Stars. Let's get 25 pages on that while we are at it.

And Lou is right. Teams win, not players. This isn't basketball.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I dont see how he has changed his opinion. Lets look at this combined quote:

Lamoriello told the New York Post’s Brett Cyrgalis. “Haven’t been to the playoffs the last couple years. Things haven’t worked out the way everybody would have liked them to, from what my understanding is.

“So, an aftermath? There’s no such thing in my mind. What the players we have here should be thinking about is not making the playoffs last year, and that’s what the goal should be. Teams win, not players. Individual players win some games, but teams win championships. And that’s what we have to create.”

“He would have been an asset to this team, there’s no question. But that didn’t work out. He had every right to make the decision he made, and he’s in Toronto. But you go forward. You don’t allow anything to get in the way.’’

Does anything look incongruous? I dont think so... you could cut and paste any line from the two quotes you posted and add them to the other one and nothing would be out of place.

Something ado about absolutely nothing. I am guessing TSN wanted a headline, they asked the question, and then they reported on it regardless of what he said. Because, for some reason, people are obsessed with it and eat it up...

Reactions: Thrasymachus

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why are you bringing crap up from training camp? Because the moronic canadian media wanted to throw some drama out there today? Don't fall for that crap.

Maybe they should have thrown out an article about how Tavares almost signed with the Stars. Let's get 25 pages on that while we are at it.

The NYI are going to be a tough nut to crack,best grinding/defensive team left IMHO ....

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Because I find it funny knowing Lamoriello's history that he would first mention how Tavares never won a Stanley Cup with the Islanders which a lot of people took as him being slammed for signing with Toronto and today he basically said the Islanders would be a better team with him.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Because I find it funny knowing Lamoriello's history that he would first mention how Tavares never won a Stanley Cup with the Islanders which a lot of people took as him being slammed for signing with Toronto and today he basically said the Islanders would be a better team with him.

We'll find it even funnier if the Bruins advance.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
The NYI are going to be a tough nut to crack,best grinding/defensive team left IMHO ....

The part I look forward to the most is if the Isles actually pull it off and win the whole thing how much the Canadian media is going to crap on them and how they are bad for the game and it's ruined. The tears will be flowing.

Fact, Tavares led them out of the first round once, he also needed to join Toronto's version of the dream team in order to try to achieve it.
Fact, Isles would be better with him as well.

Seriously though, ignore TSN/Sportsnet, they are Canada's sports version of Fox News/MSNBC/CNN. They just want to stir up drama.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
"never won a stanley cup" ....but he DIDN'T ever win a stanley cup. Not like he was lying. you seem to be confusing that with "we would have never won a cup with him". This wasn't a Joe Thornton situation. Isles really wanted to keep Tavares.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
and Leaf fans keep saying "let it go..." lol

Isles had a better season than the Leafs and so far, better playoffs - without him. Pretty pretty pretty good. Let it go man.
Is Lamoriello currently the President & GM of the Islanders or is he still the GM of the Leafs? That's right he's now working for the Islanders and you think given his history he would not want to comment about a former player. So he's the one can not "let it go".

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The part I look forward to the most is if the Isles actually pull it off and win the whole thing how much the Canadian media is going to crap on them and how they are bad for the game and it's ruined. The tears will be flowing.

Fact, Tavares led them out of the first round once, he also needed to join Toronto's version of the dream team in order to try to achieve it.
Fact, Isles would be better with him as well.

Seriously though, ignore TSN/Sportsnet, they are Canada's sports version of Fox News/MSNBC/CNN. They just want to stir up drama.
There is always a team that comes into the playoffs playing this style,has been since forever...Iam an Ottawa fan ,so when my team made the 3rd round by playing that defensive style,I didnt care...Its effective ,and is a legit play style....TB scored flashy goals by the boatload as did Pittsburgh,look where it got them lol....

Iam so happy for your team and you fans ,I hope you guys have fun with the ride as its been far far too long coming for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad