TSN Jets Colour Guy 2018-19 - Who do we want?

Who would you like to see calling colour during TSN Jets broadcasts?

• Total voters

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Some time this week, TSN should be releasing their broadcast details for the upcoming season of TSN Jets broadcasts.

Dennis Beyak will be back doing play-by-play. Who is the preferred colour guy for 2018-19?

Do you like last season's rotation of analysts? Or do you prefer the full-time sidekick a la Hnidy?

Last year there were a couple of tiers of analyst. Tier A like Dave Poulin, Jamie McLennan and Ray Ferraro. I didn't include them in the poll above - I can't see any of them wanting to commit to being a full time Jets analyst.

I put in last year's tier B guys (I think I got them all). Do you like any of them? Or another suggestion?

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Always liked noodles and Ferraro. Too bad they likely won't be full time colour guys. For logistical reasons, it'll likely be someone stationed in and around Winnipeg. Would that be Kidd?

Let's go retro and get Gary Green or the baby-faced assassin, Ted Irvine!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I chose other
I want the stuttering defence lawyer from my cousin Vinny
Sawyer for me

Reactions: SUX2BU

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Always liked noodles and Ferraro. Too bad they likely won't be full time colour guys. For logistical reasons, it'll likely be someone stationed in and around Winnipeg. Would that be Kidd?

Let's go retro and get Gary Green or the baby-faced assassin, Ted Irvine!

To his credit, Kidd improved through the season - but he was never good. IIRC Boynton was bad too. Tomlinson and Sawyer were OK.

Any ex Jets with potential? I have a fuzzy memory of a Jet showing some aptitude. Could it have been Jim Slater?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
My preference would be to have a full time colour guy, but I think that TSN does the same as last year. Sawyer got better as the season went on.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
To his credit, Kidd improved through the season - but he was never good. IIRC Boynton was bad too. Tomlinson and Sawyer were OK.

Any ex Jets with potential? I have a fuzzy memory of a Jet showing some aptitude. Could it have been Jim Slater?
Eddie Olczyk would be awesome!

Getting back to reality... I'd like Tomlinson but I have a feeling we're getting Sawyer.

@Critical Mass ... you could've just viewed last year's thread and poll (click) instead of starting a new one... :neener:

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I really didn't care for Trevor Kidd last year. I don't remember the name of who did most of the games towards the end of the year, but that is the guy I would go with.

Having Ferraro do a few games was a special treat. Same with Dave Poulin.

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
Toronto will supply us with a roving band of nobodies as they have no budget for Winnipeg tv or radio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad