TSN: Jack Johnson will not be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
gobolt7 said:
Held back enough? He nearly took the guys head off, what could he have done to make the situation any worse than it was???

Be honest with me here. How many times have you seen the replay. Have you seen it in slow motion? Just be honest because your assertion that he nearly took his head off seems to me like you maybe saw one quick replay because the replays I have seen clearly show that his head didnt even move backwards.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
onice said:
I'm calling you out. You saw nothing nowhere.

Whatever. You dont even deserve a response, but there is nothing to prove to you that says I saw the game much like I could call you out for not watching the game either.

What a pointless post.

MHNet

May 31, 2005
MichiganHockey.net
Pathfinder said:
BTW, they did not review it and rule in Johnsons favour, they simply said they will not review it.

From TSN's article, "A IIHF spokesman said tournament chairman Frank Gonzalez watched tape of the hit following Saturday's game and there will be no further review of the incident."

How can there be "no further review" if they didn't already review it? According to that quote, Gonzalez watched the tape. Seeing as no suspension is coming for Johnson, well, something went in his favor!

Now, there may not be any formal hearing on the incident, but don't totally blame the IIHF as having a "lack of will" to do anything about it. Hockey Canada can ask for a review, but they declined. If it was that bad, why wouldn't they ask for a review?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Bruwinz37 said:
Whatever. You dont even deserve a response, but there is nothing to prove to you that says I saw the game much like I could call you out for not watching the game either.

What a pointless post.

So why don't you answer the question?

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Bruwinz37 said:
Be honest with me here. How many times have you seen the replay. Have you seen it in slow motion? Just be honest because your assertion that he nearly took his head off seems to me like you maybe saw one quick replay because the replays I have seen clearly show that his head didnt even move backwards.

I said that he "nearly took his head off". Just because his head did not "move backwards", it does not make my statement wrong. If I had said, "hey he took his head off", then maybe your statement would be correct.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
How severe the hit was does not matter one bit, the intent to injure was there and thats enough for a minimum 1 game suspension, at this point im done posting back to you as you clealry are a homer and cant/wont understand that intent to take someones head off is clearly enough to suspend someone and not in the same class as embelishing a hit. :help:

You are going to stop responding to me because we disagree? Obviously you miss the point of a discussion forum.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
MHNet said:
From TSN's article, "A IIHF spokesman said tournament chairman Frank Gonzalez watched tape of the hit following Saturday's game and there will be no further review of the incident."

How can there be "no further review" if they didn't already review it? According to that quote, Gonzalez watched the tape. Seeing as no suspension is coming for Johnson, well, something went in his favor!

Now, there may not be any formal hearing on the incident, but don't totally blame the IIHF as having a "lack of will" to do anything about it. Hockey Canada can ask for a review, but they declined. If it was that bad, why wouldn't they ask for a review?

Far, far too much logic in your post my friend.

Well said.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Bruwinz37 said:
As I am of Johnson. You and others just assume that I am defending him. I am simply saying that it was not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

I don't think the result was as bad as it could have been. That's not the point. The point is the intent. That's what carries the suspension.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Bruwinz37 said:
You are going to stop responding to me because we disagree? Obviously you miss the point of a discussion forum.

nah its nothing to do with a disagreement, you arguing that embelishment is just as bad as trying to take someones head off did it for me though, i realize you likely dont actually believe this and are only speaking on behalf of your fav team, which is fine, but you clearly wont give a true opinion no matter what.

espo*

I think JJ should at least get the next game at the least,i can't see one of our guys pulling that and not getting tarred and feathered.I'm sure American fans would be after Downies head if the roles were reversed.He should at least get a game anyway,it was dirt and everyone knows it no matter who you cheer for.

But we may see the U.S and Johnson again and everyone on our team knows who he is.The American team got beat up last night physically and after this,i can't see them getting an easier ride if we play them again.We'll use it as motivation.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Bruwinz37 said:
Isnt that even more damning then? They obviously looked at the tape and saw what I saw. They dont even deem it worthy of review. How does that help your argument?

A flying elbow is not worthy of a review?

That the IIHF didn't even bother to respond to a blatant attempt to injure only further proves what a complete joke this organization is. The IIHF may want to pray that the Americans and Canadians do not meet up again, becuase if that meeting were to see the score get out of hand, I would be most disapointed it the Canadians failed to dish out the justice the IIHF is too cowardly to do itself.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Bruwin - take a deep breath and try to collect your thoughts. - you're losing your credibility as a poster and will end up just being ignored.

Try to calm down and think through what you are saying.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Resolute said:

That the IIHF didn't even bother to respond to a blatant attempt to injure only further proves what a complete joke this organization is. The IIHF may want to pray that the Americans and Canadians do not meet up again, becuase if that meeting were to see the score get out of hand, I would be most disapointed it the Canadians failed to dish out the justice the IIHF is too cowardly to do itself.

Agreed about the IIHF. It's a complete joke of an organization. As long as the cash keeps rolling in, Rene Fassel will continue to be the bumbling jacka$$ leader that he is.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
This is crazy. As much as this board is full of bias, I can't believe that some people are actually saying Johnson deserved nothing and Downie deserved the elbow or embelished it.

Anyone that sees it that way is truly pathetic IMO. This was intent to injure at its best example. The IIHF just told the world how pathetic they are as well.

Whether Downie embelished the hit or not, the intent was there and the contact was there. If a Team Canada member did what Johnson did, I would be embarassed and would certainly expect AT LEAST 1 game.

How can anyone honestly say Jack Johnson does not deserve a suspension. Its mind-blowing.

BigTimer*

Bruwinz37 said:
He's going to stop responding to you because your opinion is so clouded that he's simply preaching to the converted. You have all the right in the world to believe what you want with regards to this situation but don't act all shocked when people incessantly make fun of you for it. Seriously, you'd be wise to cut the act.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
orcatown said:
Bruwin - take a deep breath and try to collect your thoughts. - you're losing your credibility as a poster and will end up just being ignored.

Try to calm down and think through what you are saying.

Fwiw I am completely calm.

I think my thoughts have been clearly presented. I think what Jackson did was wrong, but I dont think it is bad as so many here do. I think that Downie embellished it and it is pretty telling about so many people's bias that they are willing to completely ignore that possibility.

I agree that the intent looked bad, but I dont think it was worthy of a suspension. I think Downie made it look a lot worse than it was. There are some people in this thread who have gone from saying it was a viscious hit to now saying it is just the intent that was the problem. I have been consistent from the start in damning both players for what I think are pretty unsportsmanlike moves.

I cant stress enough that I could care less who won the game or who wins the tourney. I am a fan of the hockey it provides and I have no affinity to any player aside from Bruin draft picks of which none participated in this game.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Resolute said:

I never said it wasnt worth a review. I said it was pretty damning that the IIHF didnt think it was. You arent following this part of the discussion properly. I said it was reviewed, someone else said the IIHF didnt feel it was worthy of review and I only pointed out that they arent taking this as extreme as most posters here.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
This ruling makes the WJC committee a joke. I am lost how it was called a "Kneeing Major" and I am totally lost on how he is not kicked out of the WJC.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Bruwinz37 said:

Thats total BS, I have seen it about 10 times. The play was brutual and it was clearly an intent to injury. Did you miss the fact the player had to help him off the ice and the trainer had to help him to the back room.

Johnson is a cheap shot artist nothing more. He showed ZERO class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad