OT: TSN Is dead (Rogers secures 12-year exclusive National Broadcast deal with NHL + CHL)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Ed Willes ‏@willesonsports now

Huge posting by Bob McKenzie about TSN losing NHL broadcasting rights. That's a shocker.

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 2m

Condolences to TSN hockey people. I know how you feel. It's gut wrenching and deflating. I'm sure many will move over. Good luck.
Retweeted by Jonathan Willis

Jonathan Willis ‏@JonathanWillis now

Sorry to see TSN lose its national NHL rights. No network, period, does hockey better right now.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/405207185417711616
Official announcement expected Tuesday by NHL: CBC and Rogers have exclusive English-language NHL rights deal. Believed to be 12 year deal.
Looks like tsn is dead

Last edited by a moderator:

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
If they're the better network then they should outbid for the rights...

All the hockey networks are **** anyways.

NBA has way better ones, and so does NFL and MLB. way better broadcasters etc

LolClarkson*

With TSN, at least we got some Canucks games in the middle of the week in Alberta. This is ****ing ****ing ****ing ****ing BS

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
They deserved it for still failing to grasp that the first game of the doubleheader needs a 3 hour timeslot.

Won't miss the last 10 minutes of leafs/whoever instead of the Canucks.

Plus Cuthbert can go back to CBC and we can get Hughson back. :)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If I remember correctly. Bell owns both TSN and Rogers. Perhaps the going theory for them is lock up a cheaper deal through Rogers, then build them into the new TSN whilst allowing the old one to die.

JBIZ14

Nov 22, 2007
Lethbridge
If I remember correctly. Bell owns both TSN and Rogers. Perhaps the going theory for them is lock up a cheaper deal through Rogers, then build them into the new TSN whilst allowing the old one to die.
what? Bell owns TSN... Rogers owns Sportsnet

Bell and Rogers are both part owners of MLSE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad