TSN: Higgins out, Latendresse gets his shot.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Link? I want proof anybody predicted 35 goals for Latendresse. The most I think I saw was in the 15-20 goal range.

+ regardless of his production, he's still going to be on a 1st line tonight.

Not bad.

Edit: Just got it. RedWingsfan was talking about Higgins...

Not nice at all, but you are right. It's going to be much harder to score 35 on the sideline...

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
+ regardless of his production, he's still going to be on a 1st line tonight.

Not bad.

Edit: Just got it. RedWingsfan was talking about Higgins...

Not nice at all, but you are right. It's going to be much harder to score 35 on the sideline...

yeah i was talking about higgins. i agree it wasn't very nice. i'm sorry if anyone took this the wrong way. it was just a joke. actually if i had to pick a favorite habs player. higgins would be the one. believe it or not i actually like him and he's playing style:) and im sorry if i'm a bashing the habs a little to much at times. i just get a little cranky when its all about the habs players:banghead:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
yeah i was talking about higgins. i agree it wasn't very nice. i'm sorry if anyone took this the wrong way. it was just a joke. actually if i had to pick a favorite habs player. higgins would be the one. believe it or not i actually like him and he's playing style:) and im sorry if i'm a bashing the habs a little to much at times. i just get a little cranky when its all about the habs players:banghead:

I just assumed you were talking about Latendresse since this thread is in the prospect board. Some of the hype surrounding Latendresse was a bit over the top in pre-season, and I thought you were just taking a swipe at that.

Last edited:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I just assumed you were talking about Latendresse since this thread is in the prospect board. Some of the hype surrounding Latendresse was a bit over the top in pre-season, and I thought you were just taking a swipe at that.

yeah. ok. lol.

looks like latendresse took full advantage off he's oppurtunity. congrats to him with he's first nhl goal:)

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
He played a great game last night.

6 hits, 5 shots, 19Mins played and 1 goal on top.

If he can even do half of that frequently, i'd be the happiest fan out there.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
how many 19 years old 220 pounds future powerforward other than Malkin and those superstar talents ala Jagr, Oveckin, Kovalchuk (present or past) has been able to put up points regularly as a rookie? I dont think Bertuzzi as put his game together before being 26years old? I dont expect the moon from him, but he got the talents to be a good player sooner than most powerforwards ive seen in recent days. I like the Kid and despite his weakness i can say i like the guy. he (latendresse) hasnt done NOTHING to receive a lack of respect. if anything media and management could. still i think he as been brought up well even if some players on the team could be jealous of the threatment he receives.. and rightly so to some extend.. but thats life and priorities the team as chosen. lets not forget last year he could have make the team.. maybe they realised last season in junior did NOTHING good for him... or almost.

Gui is good. he will be a good one, within the next 3 years. heck Joe Thornton had 7pts in 60 games as a rookie..

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
how many 19 years old 220 pounds future powerforward other than Malkin and those superstar talents ala Jagr, Oveckin, Kovalchuk (present or past) has been able to put up points regularly as a rookie? I dont think Bertuzzi as put his game together before being 26years old? I dont expect the moon from him, but he got the talents to be a good player sooner than most powerforwards ive seen in recent days. I like the Kid and despite his weakness i can say i like the guy. he (latendresse) hasnt done NOTHING to receive a lack of respect. if anything media and management could. still i think he as been brought up well even if some players on the team could be jealous of the threatment he receives.. and rightly so to some extend.. but thats life and priorities the team as chosen. lets not forget last year he could have make the team.. maybe they realised last season in junior did NOTHING good for him... or almost.

Gui is good. he will be a good one, within the next 3 years. heck Joe Thornton had 7pts in 60 games as a rookie..
Kopitar..

Latendresse has one good game and now he is in Malkin and Thornton's class?

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
Kopitar..

Is that how you interpreted his comment? Or did you read it that way because you saw his avatar? He compared Latendresse to powerforwads like Bertuzzi saying even a great player like Thornton had 7 points in his rookie season. If you see anything wrong with that, elaborate, I'd be curious to know your point of view.
He even said, and I quote,
I dont expect the moon from him
. Really, there's nothing bad about reading the post the right way.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Kopitar..

this was in my post:

I dont expect the moon from him, but he got the talents to be a good player sooner than most powerforwards ive seen in recent days. I like the Kid and despite his weakness i can say i like the guy.

now, i compare to superstar players, showing only those type of players could achieve this, now i say Latendresse is good and could become good ''faster'' or ''younger'' than others.. see Bertuzzi...but people cant expect miracles from him, yet he plays well for a guy in this situation. maybe i should make a drawing for you next time?

I am not saying he is a Thornton a Malkin a Kovy or whoever you want to add but i compare to the extreme to give the guy simply what he deserves.. respect.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Is that how you interpreted his comment? Or did you read it that way because you saw his avatar? He compared Latendresse to powerforwads like Bertuzzi saying even a great player like Thornton had 7 points in his rookie season. If you see anything wrong with that, elaborate, I'd be curious to know your point of view.
He even said, and I quote, . Really, there's nothing bad about reading the post the right way.

thank you. i think the guy just read very very quickly.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
they are giving him time to develop and they are showing that they believe in him. that means a lot to a young player and i think thats exactly what he needs. he will have a lot of confidence when he's time comes to dominate. he is going to be a great one. probably not close to kovalchuk, ovechkin etc point wise, but he will be one of the best power forwards in the league and imo he could be a consistent 40 goal scorer.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
they are giving him time to develop and they are showing that they believe in him. that means a lot to a young player and i think thats exactly what he needs. he will have a lot of confidence when he's time comes to dominate. he is going to be a great one. probably not close to kovalchuk, ovechkin etc point wise, but he will be one of the best power forwards in the league and imo he could be a consistent 40 goal scorer.

my god man I hope you're right.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
IMO he could become more like a 30/30 60pts player but being very very hard to play against... its hard to judge is full potential.. he hasnt done much to judge him long term.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Well, the first goal was a garbage goal, the second one a one timer 8 feets from the net and the third one a deflection. Looking at his play, you can tell he is not a Chris Higgins on 5-5.... but is a great tool for Carbonneau on the PP. My first tought would be a 10-10 rookie season, playing on the third/fourth line... but if he gets PP time, it will be far more.

H3ro

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
Impressive deke and a rocket shot over Denis glove tonight to secure an important win for the Canadiens. Good to see him putting it together after struggling at the start of the year.

4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games since he's playing on the first is a very nice contribution by a rookie.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Impressive deke and a rocket shot over Denis glove tonight to secure an important win for the Canadiens. Good to see him putting it together after struggling at the start of the year.

4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games since he's playing on the first is a very nice contribution by a rookie.

indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->