TSN forget Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantskate

Sep 22, 2005
On the ice
TSN published a list of the ten players to watch this season.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=138113

Some were rookies like Crosby, some were getting their chance after a few years in the shadows, and others were veterans with injury histories or other issues (e.g. Lindros). I found it strange, however, that they omitted A. Ovechkin from their list. In his draft year, he was really highly regarded. Maybe the lockout caused some forgetfulness, but I don't see how they could overlook this guy.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
No TSN didn't forget anything. They're just acting like themselves, as usual. Pejorative Slurs.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Sportsnet had the exact same list, some guy probably made it in his basement and all the networks picked it up without reading it.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Robert Nilsson was on the list so we can safely assume Pierre MacGuire didn't do it.

Sammy*

John Vanbiesbrouck said:
Why should he be on the list? He's not Canadian. :sarcasm:
Stupid comment.
Actually, of the 10, only 6 are Canadian.Thats pretty close to the % in the NHL.
I am sure ESPN or some other American network would never put an American on their top 10 lists, as we really know how much the US media likes to focus on athletes from outside the US.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Sammy said:
Stupid comment.
Actually, of the 10, only 6 are Canadian.Thats pretty close to the % in the NHL.
I am sure ESPN or some other American network would never put an American on their top 10 lists, as we really know how much the US media likes to focus on athletes from outside the US.

You didn't catch the sarcasm, did you?

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
Forsberg4ever said:
Sportsnet had the exact same list, some guy probably made it in his basement and all the networks picked it up without reading it.

It's a CP article. Neither site actually bothered to correct some rather obvious errors either.

ficklenfuddle

Mar 8, 2004
roshiajin said:
No TSN didn't forget anything. They're just acting like themselves, as usual. Pejorative Slurs.
pathetic, do you have anything to back this up?

its the best hockey source of any newscast

+73*

Sammy said:

and in America we all know how much press is devoted to hockey by the US media.

on a serious, non-sarcastic note, on behalf of my fellow Americans, i wholeheartedly apologize for ESPN... it's just not...good.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Those of you playing Yahoo! fantasy hockey also know that Ovechkin isn't listed as an eligible forward for some reason.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
If Ovechkin scores 50 points this year, I will be very suprised. Washington, as it stands now, is probably one of the worst teams to be iced in a long time. He's gonna have nobody to play with!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
cantskate said:
TSN published a list of the ten players to watch this season.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=138113

Some were rookies like Crosby, some were getting their chance after a few years in the shadows, and others were veterans with injury histories or other issues (e.g. Lindros). I found it strange, however, that they omitted A. Ovechkin from their list. In his draft year, he was really highly regarded. Maybe the lockout caused some forgetfulness, but I don't see how they could overlook this guy.

He's in good company. In that respect he's in the same category as Mario. (pass the salt, maybe a grain or 2 are in order)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Doctor No said:
Those of you playing Yahoo! fantasy hockey also know that Ovechkin isn't listed as an eligible forward for some reason.

Or Brandon Bochenski....... Or alot of players for that matter.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Mackattack said:
If Ovechkin scores 50 points this year, I will be very suprised. Washington, as it stands now, is probably one of the worst teams to be iced in a long time. He's gonna have nobody to play with!
If he is great player what he is supposed to be than he will make the team better with this roster, if he is just good player than he will need better linemates to play better.

Claypool_*

Mackattack said:

Clearly you were in a coma for the Penguins 03-04 season.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Mackattack said:

you have a short memory

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
king4you said:
Ovechkin is not on the list because of the team he plays for.

Ok, now imagine that Ovechkin was drafted by Pittsburgh, and Crosby by Washington.

Would TSN put Ovechkin number 1 on that list, and leave Crosby off the list? :sarcasm:

We all know the answer to that question, and we also know that this list is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad