Not open for further replies.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
pkwjr said:
Meetings Moving To NY Monday
More to come...

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/
Actually, that should be attributed to the Saskin statement in the TSN article.

'The two parties engaged in lengthy negotiations every day this week, and while progress has been made in a number of areas, there remains a considerable amount of work to be completed in order to reach an agreement,'' NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin said in a statement. ''We will be continuing our meetings with the league on Monday morning in New York.''

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
"I think both sides are working really hard to resolve and move the process forward,"

"still some issues that we need to talk about,"

''We've made significant progress "

''There's a real sense of urgency of tying to get this behind us"

"15- to 17-hour meetings each and every day this week"

I like where this is going. But they better get there this time or the "hardcore fanbase" will get very very frustrated with them.

Vic Rattlehead*

'The two parties engaged in lengthy negotiations every day this week, and while progress has been made in a number of areas, there remains a considerable amount of work to be completed in order to reach an agreement,'' NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin said in a statement. ''We will be continuing our meetings with the league on Monday morning in New York.''

With all these 15 hour meetings every day, you would think that they would be close to a deal. Sadly, there are still a lot of stuff to hammer down.

ResidentAlien*

Kritter471 said:
Actually, that should be attributed to the Saskin statement in the TSN article.

Timestamps disagree :p:

Anyway, why cant they work all weekend is what I want to know, why doesnt one of those reporters ask them that dammit!

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
With all these 15 hour meetings every day, you would think that they would be close to a deal. Sadly, there are still a lot of stuff to hammer down.

Yeah but that's Saskin talking... he's the one who was serving Bob's cool aide to the players. He's full of it.

Either that or PA plans to say: "Ok we are finaly done working on the CBA. But now we want 56% of the revenues instead of 54% or it's no deal".

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Is there a picture of Bill Daly in existence where he's not making this face?

daly_65871.jpg

It would be hilarious if he looked like that on his driver's license, graduation photos, and family snapshots. :biglaugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From Roenick :

Roenick also addressed the reported terms of the deal that's supposedly nearly completed that will end the NHL lockout and result in a new collective bargaining agreement. He echoed the sentiments of enguins center/owner Mario Lemieux, who said the NHLPA would have been better served to accept the offer the NHL presented in February when they were trying to save the season.

"What we could've got in February is probably 10 times better than what we're going to get now," Roenick said. "A lot of us knew that, but we did what we did and that's what you've got to live with.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3715856

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
ResidentAlien said:

Anyway, why cant they work all weekend is what I want to know, why doesnt one of those reporters ask them that dammit!
Quote was up on the PA's website before both the entry and the TSN story.
http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/Feature.asp?contentId=3454

And not meeting over the weekend probably serves two purposes. One, it allows the two sides to go over what's been negotiated with a fine-tooth comb, examining the legal language to make sure they know what they're signing up for. And two, it allows them to discuss among themselves how far they're willing to move on the positions yet-to-be finalized.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
the deals done........

ResidentAlien said:

it'll be signed on tuesday.

Thats the logical reason why they arent working through the weekend.

(by coincidence, it happens to match when I said the deal would get done too:))

mooseOAK*

petrskudra1 said:
Where were these 15-17 hour meetings in September?
The NHLPA had just started the clock on waiting out the league then, different bargaining strategy now.

hockeynut11

Jun 16, 2005
I think it is a good sign that they aren't working through the weekend. I am optimistic that a deal will get done early or late next week. It is good that they're moving the meetings back to New York. Isn't that where a PC would occur?

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
AM said:
it'll be signed on tuesday.

Thats the logical reason why they arent working through the weekend.

(by coincidence, it happens to match when I said the deal would get done too:))

Oh boy would that be an awesome birthday present for me to wake up on Tuesday and hear the new deal.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
It is good that they're moving the meetings back to New York. Isn't that where a PC would occur?
Most likely

I gotta give them credit for the time that's actually being put in now. Even thought they should've done it eariler. They're seeing each other more than they aretheir families.

Large_Farva*

19nazzy said:
Most likely

I gotta give them credit for the time that's actually being put in now. Even thought they should've done it eariler. They're seeing each other more than they aretheir families.

That's good for Goodenow. I hear his wife's a beast

Large_Farva*

Newsguyone said:
LOL?

No. Not really.

Honestly, someone informed me that his wife is big one. At the time the information wasn't very valuable but I sure can use it now.

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
Eklund is all over the CBA talks.

Info Trickles In...
Very little information coming out at this hour. However what is coming out is only positive....The first source to go on the record said this to me, "From what I am hearing there is work to do, but the work is getting done. This was the most productive and maybe the most positive work week to date."
I will report back when and if more information becomes available

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
pkwjr said:
Eklund is all over the CBA talks.

Info Trickles In...
Very little information coming out at this hour. However what is coming out is only positive....The first source to go on the record said this to me, "From what I am hearing there is work to do, but the work is getting done. This was the most productive and maybe the most positive work week to date."
I will report back when and if more information becomes available

Enough with Eklund. He said it himself: everything he posts are rumours. Doesn't mean a thing.

What I did like was in Dailey's comment on NHL.com: "(...)it was a good week(...)".

Suggets (along with the 15 hours a day) that it was more progressive than ever before (and to the owners' side's liking). Saskin is the one who says "alot of work remains to be done". All Daley says is "we still need to talk about some issues".

2 sides to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad