[TSN]: Drouin leads list of 10 under pressure this season

Aug 3, 2010
If they were gonna list off a bunch of goalies on new teams, why not add Brian Elliott? 1 extra name too many? Or just lazy journalism?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'm fully in favor of putting Armstrong on the list. He needs to do something to take the team to the next level with the current core or step aside for someone who can. But the write-up for it is awful. Using the same logic, it could just as easily say, "The Blues have three playoff series wins in the last two seasons - second to only one Western team in that span. So, they're on the rise and Armstrong is getting ever closer to his goal."

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Funny TSN does this list and avoids the ten plus Leaf players that all had career years and play under the intense scrutiny of hockey mad Toronto fans & media.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Don't think Drouin deserves to be first, he should be as high as fifth. He isn't 100% proven yet and everybody knows he won't carry the Habs. Only reason I see him being on here is because he's in a high-pressure market.

I think Maurice more than Chevy because Chevy already has done amazing moves, but PoMo is literally on the short leash.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Don't think Drouin deserves to be first, he should be as high as fifth. He isn't 100% proven yet and everybody knows he won't carry the Habs. Only reason I see him being on here is because he's in a high-pressure market.

I think Maurice more than Chevy because Chevy already has done amazing moves, but PoMo is literally on the short leash.

Habs fans are penciling him in as their 1C.

Thats pretty lofty expectations for a winger still trying to prove himself

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't see how Stamkos is under pressure.

However, Ovechkin's got to be there. Not only is time running out on him winning a cup with Washington, but there's uncertainty about what happens to him if he leaves for the Olympics.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Only because the clown GM seems to be really hoping for it to work because of his failure to acquire any better option to play center.

So management and fans are doing it? And that means he isnt under pressure how exactly?

I think its ludicrous to put that on him right now.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Why Mike Smith? Nothing is ever his fault. Pressure is on his teammates who will fear being thrown under the bus.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So management and fans are doing it? And that means he isnt under pressure how exactly?

I think its ludicrous to put that on him right now.

I didn't say anything about him not being under any pressure. I was just pointing out how incompetent I feel MB is for likely putting Drouin in this situation because of his inability to address the Habs center weakness. A problem that's been ongoing for MB's entire tenure as the Habs GM thus far.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Too busy planning the parade.

Can we count you in to show up? We're going to give away free drinks and bracelets commemorating the Leafs cup victory!

Drouin is going to be in for a hell of a season, good or bad. I remember those days as a Leafs fan, looking for band-aid fixes for the team, it took us real far. I just hope Carey Price is ready to stand on his head for yet another season.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Can we count you in to show up? We're going to give away free drinks and bracelets commemorating the Leafs cup victory!

Drouin is going to be in for a hell of a season, good or bad. I remember those days as a Leafs fan, looking for band-aid fixes for the team, it took us real far. I just hope Carey Price is ready to stand on his head for yet another season.

Drouin doesn't seem like a bandaid fix at all. Is that what you were saying?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

The Leafs rookies all overachieved, were unusually healthy and the team made the playoffs in the most or the second most scrutinized market in all of hockey and none of them make the top 10? OK.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The Leafs rookies all overachieved, were unusually healthy and the team made the playoffs in the most or the second most scrutinized market in all of hockey and none of them make the top 10? OK.

Those kids walk on water when it comes to TSN.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

the habs basically went after him instead of a 1C like duchene .
he not only has to replace radulovs production, but many think he is the #1C they have needed for a decade

throw in the whole francophone angle and it easy to see why he is #1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->