TSN: Canada's list of invited players

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I certainly agree that the AVERAGE player in the WHL is more physical than the AVERAGE player in the QMJHL.

However, we are not talking about average players. We are talking about elite players and very, very good players.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Matt MacInnis said:
I certainly agree that the AVERAGE player in the WHL is more physical than the AVERAGE player in the QMJHL.

However, we are not talking about average players. We are talking about elite players and very, very good players.

But Remember Matt, JF Jacques would be the least physical player in the WHL.

:banghead: :mad:

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Matt MacInnis said:

Meyer, MacArthur, Boyd, Fraser and Stone are elite and very, very good WHL players. They are more familiar with the systems Sutter uses, they all score, they are all used to the physical game he wants, they can adapt far quicker in a short tournament then the likes of Picard and Bernier when asked to be in an energy/checking role.

These aren't average WHLers but the Easterners seem to be labelling them as such. No they aren't as good NHL prospects as Picard and Bernier, but right now they are just as good and are far better choices to play the roles Sutter wants and uses.

markov' said:
Matt MacInnis and La-La-Laprise are just so right. Stop arguing with them please, your arguments are ridiculous.

How are they SO right? Because there are better players to fill the needs of the team than those selected? If thats the case, they are wrong. There may be better skilled players, nobody is denying that, but the players chosen are the exact players needed to fill the spots a coach like Brent Sutter needs and wants. If the team was sparce with skill, speed and offensive ability, they definitely would have been named, but that is not what the team needs. The team needs the guys that were chosen.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Imo, this stuff could be interesting. Interview with head coach of Team Russia about ReMax.
I used trasnlate.ru : http://www.translate.ru/url/tran_ur...&transliterate=on&psubmit2.x=7&psubmit2.y=11

Some quotes:
Head Coach Gersonsky said:
And commands of leagues of Ontario and the West were noticeably more strongly combined team of Quebec.

A. Plyuschev( 3rd line center) said:
Western league is especially strong. There defenders have struck me: such healthy horses, physically very strong, and run, as the lunatics, faster attacking! In Quebec against us played basic 86-th year, and here in Ontario and in the West - guys for a year are more senior. In Canada 85-th year is considered the strongest age for last years

Lalonde

Aug 20, 2004
There defenders have struck me: such healthy horses, physically very strong, and run, as the lunatics, faster attacking!

It sounds so....so...so powerfully! :D :) I guess, this statement is taken from Russian newspaper " All hockey ". ;)

P.S. Go,Canada,go! :hockey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad