[TSN]: Button & McKenzie Top 10 2018 Draft Projection

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Oilers would be ecstatic with Boqvist IMO..

Why do people still bother with Button? He's an idiot to the nth degree. There's a reason he no longer works for a team.

Probably because unlinke most people on this site, he actually watches all of the prospects. Majority of people here watch the OHL OR the FEL guys OR the SEL OR the KHL guys etc. He's definitely a clown but at the end of the day, he's better suited for this than almost anyone here.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Why? That would be a big mistake but then again it’s Chiarelli so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Good ol' Alberta kid. Salt of the earth. High character etc etc etc

The way the media here in Edmonton has been pumping Smith's tires and trying to play up "issues" surrounding Boqvist (work ethic, defensive play, injury history) suggests the organization is leaking info to them.

Oilers have been in search of a RHD with elite offensive ability since.... as long as I can remember. It would be very Oilers to ignore that and shoot for being the smartest guys in the room.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Oilers would be ecstatic with Boqvist IMO..

Probably because unlinke most people on this site, he actually watches all of the prospects. Majority of people here watch the OHL OR the FEL guys OR the SEL OR the KHL guys etc. He's definitely a clown but at the end of the day, he's better suited for this than almost anyone here.

And he's still absolutely wrong on projections. Which only proves my point.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
And he's still absolutely wrong on projections. Which only proves my point.

I find he is rather hit an miss. Just using 2015 as an example he was really high on Boeser(I believe 9th) but he seemed to for whatever reason not like Barzal(15)

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Why do people still bother with Button? He's an idiot to the nth degree. There's a reason he no longer works for a team.
These threads are always filled with people like you. Much like you, they've criticized Button all year and now look like idiots.

"Kotkaniemi top 5? LOL Button, what a buffoon, he's just doing this for attention. No way he's better than all those other guys, everyone has him around 15."

"Boqvist at 12? What a jack ass, there's no way he should be that low."

"Hayton at 7? Nobody has him that high. What a moron!"

He was the first one with all of those, yet now McKenzie has stated Kotkaniemi might go at 3, Boqvist will be somewhere from 10-12 on his list, and Hayton has top 5 votes from scouts and will be in his top 12. But yeah, he should just parrot consensus rankings to please people like you because he doesn't know anything. :eyeroll:

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
I find he is rather hit an miss. Just using 2015 as an example he was really high on Boeser(I believe 9th) but he seemed to for whatever reason not like Barzal(15)
So he’s no different than anyone else on here. And you know why? Because the draft lottery is a total crapshoot. Every year there’s guys who bust who were expected to do well and vice versa and it is extremely hard to pick those out.

For me, I really don’t believe Bouchard is going to have a long successful career, but I could be completely wrong. We’ll have to wait a couple of years to find out.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
MB is a bad GM but if it's Kotkaniemi or Hughes they're trading down with Arizona. One is guaranteed to be at 5 and Zadina is going 4th if anyone takes anyone else at 3. Don't be surprised if its a 1 for 1 trade though.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
These threads are always filled with people like you. Much like you, they've criticized Button all year and now look like idiots.

"Kotkaniemi top 5? LOL Button, what a buffoon, he's just doing this for attention. No way he's better than all those other guys, everyone has him around 15."

"Boqvist at 12? What a jack ass, there's no way he should be that low."

"Hayton at 7? Nobody has him that high. What a moron!"

He was the first one with all of those, yet now McKenzie has stated Kotkaniemi might go at 3, Boqvist will be somewhere from 10-12 on his list, and Hayton has top 5 votes from scouts and will be in his top 12. But yeah, he should just parrot consensus rankings to please people like you because he doesn't know anything. :eyeroll:

You're still guessing. Kota might still go later. Probably will.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm probably the only one... But I'd still steer clear of Kotkaniemi. He's blown up way too much in the past three months, and I think a lot of it is due to centers being extremely mediocre this season.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I don't see Hughes getting past Detroit, unfortunately.

goddam I hope he does, I hope some weird stuff happens a Tkachuk falls to us

I honestly don't see any difference makers this year, a bunch of guys will be drafted and be decent players way down the road...but the only guy who steps in and makes a difference is Tchchuck .......I am officially not buying the Dahlien hype, I think he struggles to meet expectations and peaks at a Dougie Hamilton level someday, I think this is the year the NHL finally realizes it has been over-hyping D-men for years,

Dahlien is going to struggle, he's not what all you guys think he is, physically, he's going to be punished and he will wilt away, he's going to be a letdown. mark my words

The team who goes home with Tkachuk, Samuelson or Hughes will win this draft

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
MB is a bad GM but if it's Kotkaniemi or Hughes they're trading down with Arizona. One is guaranteed to be at 5 and Zadina is going 4th if anyone takes anyone else at 3. Don't be surprised if its a 1 for 1 trade though.
yeah, I don't see the Coyotes adding a lot, given Tkachuk, Hughes or choice of the RHD's will be there at 5.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm probably the only one... But I'd still steer clear of Kotkaniemi. He's blown up way too much in the past three months, and I think a lot of it is due to centers being extremely mediocre this season.

Not saying youre wrong (ive only seen him once) but that exact same logic would apply to Scheifele in his draft year. Pretty sure he started as a late first to 2nd round projected in his draft year and was a bit of a reach on draft day. He might not pan out but I'm not sure your reasoning for it is perfect.

As for this average list, it seems like Kotkaniemi will skew this a bit. It seems like hes not the number 3 best player in the draft but the habs want him so hes being mocked up that high. If the habs didnt want a center he would maybe be closer to 7-10 possibly

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
goddam I hope he does, I hope some weird stuff happens a Tkachuk falls to us

I honestly don't see any difference makers this year, a bunch of guys will be drafted and be decent players way down the road...but the only guy who steps in and makes a difference is Tchchuck .......I am officially not buying the Dahlien hype, I think he struggles to meet expectations and peaks at a Dougie Hamilton level someday, I think this is the year the NHL finally realizes it has been over-hyping D-men for years,

Dahlien is going to struggle, he's not what all you guys think he is, physically, he's going to be punished and he will wilt away, he's going to be a letdown. mark my words

The team who goes home with Tkachuk, Samuelson or Hughes will win this draft

Who is Dahlien?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
There's part of me that wants to pass on Hughes for his size...

... And there's another part that feels there are 29 teams in the league who feel like morons for not taking a risk on Johnny Gaudreau in the third round.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Who is Dahlien?

"DAHLIENS"

Aliens-5ad4ee9231283400363d13c4.jpg

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
Very poor choice if that's the case.

Most Oilers fans agree with this. Our media however, seems to be very transparent with the rumblings they hear out of Edm, and they all are pumping Smith's tires. Boqvist is by far my preferred pick, but I have been preparing for Smith to lessen the disappointment. Hopefully another player drops that our management would take over Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->