TSN broadcast needs to do more research

Status
Not open for further replies.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
During the broadcast two items were very misinterpreted. 1st Glenn Healy was yapping away saying the US got to hand pick their team for this tournament which is definitely not true. Bobby Ryan and several other CHL players would be on the team if this was true.

I really like Gord and Pierre but they made a comment about Jack Johnson being the only one on the team who will play for Michigan which is untrue.
Jason Bailey, Mark Mitera and Zach MaCvoy will all be going there, although MaCvoy is not on the U-18 world championships.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
McGuire corrected the Johnson statement I do believe. He certainly corrected a mistake involving someone going to Michigan, but I'm not positive it was Johnson.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Egil said:
McGuire corrected the Johnson statement I do believe. He certainly corrected a mistake involving someone going to Michigan, but I'm not positive it was Johnson.

He corrected the one where he said Frazee is going to Michigan, but he is really going to Minnesota

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
If you think TSN broadcast needs to do some research, watch RDS they are awful. They give zero info on prospects/players.

time

Feb 26, 2005
What about their constant reference to Kessel being one of the youngest in the tourney and having played at the U20 as a 16 year-old?

Kessel is awesome, but he's only a couple months younger than Crosby. If he'd be born two weeks earlier he'd be in this year's draft.

The NHL divides at Sept. 15, not the birth year. So, you get "young" players like Kessel, Ovechkin and Lemieux being drafted a year later than their age group.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
fredez said:
If you think TSN broadcast needs to do some research, watch RDS they are awful. They give zero info on prospects/players.

Instead they talk about what they had for lunch and what they did 30 years before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->