Confirmed with Link: TSN - Bob McKenzie: Matt Grzelcyk signs 2 yr deal with Bruins

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Matthew+Grzelcyk+2012+NHL+Entry+Draft+Rounds+n7ukMwvmV-hl.jpg

This makes this a very good day no matter what happens in St. Louis tonight.

I wouldn't go quite that far . We need a win tonight or at least a point to renew everyone's faith .

club57

Jul 24, 2005
That's his dad on the right. Is that Jimmy Vesey on the left (Matt's right)?

It,s his brother. Also part of the bull gang. Great signing, maybe we can move Krug now for a big ,tough, young defenseman. Welcome Matty

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Man Sweeney just signing all the prospects, solid stuff. Only seen Grizz play a few times on the tube and liked what I saw. Let`s hope his game can develop into one where the B`s have a good one in the near future

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Great player to have in the organization.

Tough to call what he'll be at NHL level or if he cracks the lineup. Should lead Providence D men in icetime and scoring next year.

I'd love to clinch before the last game so we can get him a game in a Bruins uniform just in case he struggles in Prov/gets moved etc etc. The fact that similar prospects to him who were in our system recently like Warsofsky and Kampfer are playing in the NHL right now bodes well for his career even though locking down a regular spot in Boston could be tough.

Last edited:

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I tend to agree, but you have to think at least one of these guys contributes at some point, right?

Even if just one of 5 of the college guys contributes, it's worth signing them all.

Obviously the ideal situation, is you draft correct and all of them turn out to be good pros. But that's not realistic. So signing as many as possible and hoping to find a few good ones is the proper strategy.

I'm not sure what BNHL's problem has been with all these prospect signings. It's almost as if he things that because more of them will turn out to be nothing, we should just ignore them all. That would be atrocious asset management there.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Great player to have in the organization.

Tough to call what he'll be at NHL level or if he cracks the lineup. Should lead Providence D men in icetime and scoring next year.

I'd love to clinch before the last game so we can get him a game in a Bruins uniform just in case he struggles in Prov/gets moved etc etc. The fact that similar prospects to him who were in our system recently like Warsofsky and Kampfer are playing in the NHL right now bodes well for his career even though locking down a regular spot in Boston could be tough.

I am with this for the most part. Grz is going to be a monster in the AHL. He is much better prospect than Warsofsky was, Grz is far more skilled

I wouldn't book him for Providence leader in minutes, that will be O'Gara unless O'Gara is in Boston. O'Gara is a do everything, play in all situations guy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great article, shows the difference in how the B's deal with college players and how Nashville pushed vesey since his freshman year. Also according to the article Grzlyck is taller than Krug :amazed:

Exactly, it sounds like Pandalfo and Langenbrunner kept an eye on Grizz and spoke with him but didn`t push or put pressure on him to do anything other than what he was most comfortable doing which I`ll guess he appreciated.

Not so sure that was the case with the Preds and Vesey, I think what it eventually came down to was Vesey just didn`t want to play in Nashville

It`ll be an interesting day in August to see where this young man signs. Leaf fans obviously saying it`ll be them, I know little about this kid other than what I`ve read and I think there`s more optimism he`ll sign here than there

His father has been battling cancer and Vesey, from all reports, is very close with his family

Good buddies with Grizz

Chance to play with the hometown boys

Wager he`d be a shoe-in to begin the season on the big squad

He`s ours:yo::popcorn::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad