Confirmed with Link: TSN - Bob McKenzie: Matt Grzelcyk signs 2 yr deal with Bruins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Matthew+Grzelcyk+2012+NHL+Entry+Draft+Rounds+n7ukMwvmV-hl.jpg

This makes this a very good day no matter what happens in St. Louis tonight.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
So Grzelcyk...The scouting report seems to indicate a Krug type defence man that can actually hit the net. Sound about right?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So Grzelcyk...The scouting report seems to indicate a Krug type defence man that can actually hit the net. Sound about right?

yup...

He can motor assuming his knees are are ok.
He's pretty small too. I'd have to check but Krug may have an inch or so on him.

:D

His bio says 5' 10'....but I aint buying that.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Having seen him several times, I can say he does have the offensive acumen of a Torey Krug. But Kruger is more physical, and, it appears, less injury prone.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
yup...

He can motor assuming his knees are are ok.
He's pretty small too. I'd have to check but Krug may have an inch or so on him.

:D

His bio says 5' 10'....but I aint buying that.

And a close friend of Vesey!

Just youtube scouting his vids and boy oh boy, you are right... can he motor!!

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Having seen him several times, I can say he does have the offensive acumen of a Torey Krug. But Kruger is more physical, and, it appears, less injury prone.

I really like Krug, just been a frustrating year goal wise for him, and he seems to get so many opportunities.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
How many teams have the wealth of young talent in their backyard that the Bruins' have? The talent coming through the NCAA now is great, and with BU, BC, NU and Harvard pumping out great players, I hope the Bruins can continue to capitalize in the future.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
He can really skate, he can really move the puck, and he can QB the power play.

Still has a way to go physically, and needs to learn to be more active with his stick in his own end.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How many teams have the wealth of young talent in their backyard that the Bruins' have? The talent coming through the NCAA now is great, and with BU, BC, NU and Harvard pumping out great players, I hope the Bruins can continue to capitalize in the future.

The Bruins during the Sinden years made numerous blunders on local talent - they could have had Tony Amonte but went with Steve Heinze instead despite the pleadings of Jack Parker saying this kid can't miss.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Does this kick in for 16-17?

Yes

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=876677

Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, April 1, that the team has signed Boston University defenseman Matt Grzelcyk to a two-year entry-level contract, beginning with the 2016-17 season. Grzelcyk will join the Providence Bruins on an Amateur Tryout Agreement (ATO) for the remainder of the 2015-16 season.

Grzelcyk served as captain of the Boston University Terriers for the second straight season in 2015-16, finishing the year with 10 goals and 13 assists for 23 points with 36 penalty minutes and a plus-17 rating in 27 games. The 22-year-old defenseman was also named a Hockey East First-Team All-Star for the second consecutive season. In 2014-15, Grzelcyk skated in 41 games, recording 10 goals and 28 assists for 38 points with 36 penalty minutes and a plus-32 rating. In addition to serving as captain and being named a Hockey East First-Team All-Star, he earned CCM First-Team All-American honors and was fourth in the nation in points per game among defenseman (0.95). Over his four-year collegiate career, Grzelcyk appeared in 124 games for Boston University, tallying 26 goals and 68 assists for 94 points.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
That's his did on the right. Is that Jimmy Vesey on the left (Matt's right)?

Don't think so,, Dan. Ears too small, nose not crooked. Edit: but it would be tremendous trolling

Dom, Fens, thanks ... Excellent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->