TSN article regarding young D is a great read and shows who is underrated.

bobbyt911

You're right.

It's great to hear how unappreciated Cody Cecil is.

only knock is his team is worse with him on the ice, which is kinda a big one

1st graph Left and Low is good
2nd less D zone starts is better
3rd the more the Blue is higher than the red is the important part

ZeroPT*

All this shows is that teams that can shelter their youngsters, do and teams that can't, don't. Unless you're Ekblad. Then, **** the statistics. Because Ekblad.

Sparkman112

Jul 22, 2013
Pembroke pines
I'm sorry but I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to this stuff. I was just wondering if anyone can explain what this says about Ekblad. Thanks!

Sparkman112

Jul 22, 2013
Pembroke pines
only knock is his team is worse with him on the ice, which is kinda a big one

1st graph Left and Low is good
2nd less D zone starts is better
3rd the more the Blue is higher than the red is the important part

Going by this it's safe to say Ekblad's advanced stats are mediocre compared to the rest?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Everyone knows Rielly's upside, he's ranked below guys like Lindholm, Trouba and Maatta because they're playing bigger minutes and thriving. Lindholm is pretty dang close to being Anaheim's #1 (if he isn't right now) whereas Rielly gets 3rd pairing minutes. Rielly could be the best in 5 years time. Or not.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Well yeah of course Rielly´s competition is better than his team mates, he plays for the Leafs.
However that rather useless collection of stats doesn't show anything about who the better player is though.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Also, if Rielly is so amazing, why is he 2nd last in the D cores SH TOI/G?

He's averaging 40 seconds a game which is good for 7th our of 8 D men on Toronto.

Trouba on the other hand, leads the Jets with 3:44 per game (we take a lot of penalties).

But I guess I shouldn't say that as Rielly is more of an offensive D-man which would explain why he has less points in more games...................whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat *drops mic*

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks for proving my point. Maybe move those rabbits ears on the TV around a bit and watch more hockey.

Well what is he?

Offensive?
Defensive?
2-way?

If there's going to be a "praise Reilly" thread, can't we at least talk about him?

Last edited by a moderator:

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
Watching all these media meatheads try their hand at statistical analysis has been cringeworthy.

Travis Yost is a stats blogger and was strictly on Twitter before TSN hired him at the start of the season because he is one of the best hockey staticians in the industry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad