TSN announces Hockey Analytics coverage

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They better add an analytics stats database on TSN.ca

That's a good point; would be funny to see their colums pointing to other websites all the time.

All the analytics hirings this year gives the credibility needed to justify a fancy stats section to their site. They also have the financial backing to do it right as the incremental cost to do so would likely be minimal for them.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
They better add an analytics stats database on TSN.ca

They already had some pretty good data with their player contribution/ratings for the last several years (but it wasn't search-able). I would not doubt that they expand on it. They did "hide" it under the fantasy hockey section though.

I can't seem to find it now though............indicating that it may be "under construction."

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Frankly I'm not thrilled with having Mirtle on the broadcasts. To me, he's always been an example of how us 'fancystat guys' shouldn't act. He seems very condescending and often ignores key context.

Granted some of that may be due to the 140 character limitation on twitter where he often says stuff, so perhaps with more time he'll be better able to express it.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Frankly I'm not thrilled with having Mirtle on the broadcasts. To me, he's always been an example of how us 'fancystat guys' shouldn't act. He seems very condescending and often ignores key context.

Granted some of that may be due to the 140 character limitation on twitter where he often says stuff, so perhaps with more time he'll be better able to express it.

We have to take the good with the bad. There is always going to be people we don't like mis-talking about and misusing things we love.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca

James actually had a decent post about this recently on his personal blog:
http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2014/09/a-word-on-our-words.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad