Beyak / C / 2.0 GPA
Lawless / C / 2.0 GPA
Toth / C- / 1.8 GPA
Munz / D+ / 1.6 GPA
Edmonds / D+ 1.3 GPA

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Rewicky: B Doesn't overdo it and doesn't overstate his Philly love.
Lawless: B+ I feel he's the closest thing to a Jets "Insider" as we have. I agree with the poster who said he got much better once he left WFP. He asks some "tough" questions, but I wish he'd ask more.
Hnidy: C Too much of a homer to get more. If he could be a bit more critical, I'd easily give him an A. His "color commentating" is excellent and I think he has a bright future.
Hustler: C- Does a great job of keeping his show moving, but too many softballs.
Westwood: D I find he can be obnoxious at times. I've turn the radio off quite a few times listening to him.
Toth: C Very vanilla
Beyak: A I think we're lucky to have him. I think he does a tremendous job of calling a game. Knows opposing teams very well and I find it translates to his broadcasts.
Ralph: A One smooth operator. I feel like we're lucky to have him here. I really enjoy his interviews!
Munz: C He's okay, but also too much of a homer.
Edmunds: F I have no idea how this guy got the radio pxp job. Loved him as the Goldeyes voice, but he's WAY out of his league with the Jets. I feel like he can't contribute any opinions and his pxp is just terrible. If I have to listen to a game on the radio, I'll turn on the satellite radio and listen to the away feed.
Peacock: B He's doing better than average for the Moose level job. Has potential.
Orlesky: C+ Again...too many softballs. Wish she'd be open to asking some tougher and more direct questions. But her delivery is well above average.

All in all, I feel our media still has way too much of a love fest with the Jets. It's not that I want them to write scathing articles all the time, but I do want them to ask much tougher questions when the team is underperforming or a questionable decision has been made. It's a multi million dollar business...players/management deserve to be held to account.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don't think Lawless has gotten any better, seems like a fart in the wind. A couple months back he was calling Maurice a career .500 coach, essentially calling for his head. Now Maurice is a saint. Poor old Paul Maurice only did what he was told. LOL He was either told by TNSE to ease up, or they gave him a biscuit. Dude is all over the place.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I forgot to grade Kidd. I don't always agree with him but...

Kidd -A
Vigier B

Interesting to see all the different opinions. The only real constant I see is Edmonds.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I forgot to grade Kidd. I don't always agree with him but...

Kidd -A
Vigier B

Interesting to see all the different opinions. The only real constant I see is Edmonds.

I like Edmonds.

On TV you get the full picture - the play-by-play guy can be more dispassionate and let the action itself speak. But on radio all you have is the announcers voice. I like that he gets animated on goal calls.

I saw he gets criticized for being pro-TNSE but remember - play-by-play guys travel with the team. They are in no way neutral observers. You want balanced coverage you look to other media sources.

royalwoodJet

Dec 23, 2014
Hustler: A-. He's the most knowledgeable of the talk radio hosts on 1290. And he has given up his boosterism ways and now is refreshingly candid.
Lawless: B. He gets a B because he is entertaining to listen to. He's not an A though because he is a shameless lickspittle for Cheveldayoff.
Ralph: B. He has really grown on me. His opening rants on his show are pretty smart sometimes. Grade reduced by constant recycling of same guests, Bill Watters, 'Hacksaw' Hamilton ...
Westwood: Meh.
Toth: Meh
Illegal Curve guys. B-. They get points for being knowledgeable and not being suck-ups to True North. Grades hurt by inane banter about sandwiches and whatever. And way too little Jets content, oddly. They have 3 hours, and some weeks almost no Jets discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad