TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
You said Weber's career in Montreal has "gone poorly". That's simply wrong, based on every measure that exists.

Based on the fact he's missed a season in a half. We gave away a young durable defenseman in his prime for Weber.

Basically like trading a old slow Volkswagen beatle for a new Ferrari.

Btw " your boy" Weber tried to block a shot with his face earlier and is injured again. My goodness he's not too bright.

Reactions: Pickles

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Based on the fact he's missed a season in a half. We gave away a young durable defenseman in his prime for Weber.

Btw " your boy" Weber tried to block a shot with his face earlier and is injured again. My goodness he's not too bright.
Your "Young durable defenseman" is turning 30, missed half of this season and a fifth of his first season with Nashville. You have no case. None. You're tap-dancing to deflect from the false claim you made.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Your "Young durable defenseman" is turning 30, missed half of this season and a fifth of his first season with Nashville. You have no case. None. You're tap-dancing to deflect from the false claim you made.

PK Subban Tracker

PK has 80 more games. He has more goals, more assists, more points. He has a Norris trophy nomination. He also led the Preds to the cup finals.

Weber has less goals, assists and points. He hasn't even been in the discussion for the norris. And hasn't won a playoff round as a hab.

Name me why you think Weber has been better? The stats certainly aren't on your side. And don't talk to me about games played. This should of been expected when we traded for an aging player.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
PK Subban Tracker

PK has 80 more games. He has more goals, more assists, more points. He has a Norris trophy nomination. He also led the Preds to the cup finals.

Weber has less goals, assists and points. He hasn't even been in the discussion for the norris. And hasn't won a playoff round as a hab.

Name me why you think Weber has been better? The stats certainly aren't on your side. And don't talk to me about games played. This should of been expected when we traded for an aging player.
You've invented a conversation no one is having. You said this:

Todd's probably a Weber supporter and is butt hurt how poorly Webers career has gone in Montreal
Every single person reading this about Weber thought, "Wait... that's not right." And then rather then correct yourself or simply admit you were exaggerating, you continued on and tried to spin it into an entirely different debate.

To be clear: We are not having a Subban/Weber debate in this thread.

Scootz Mcgootz

Dec 29, 2018

Wasn’t a fan of this trade either, but your comparisons and your fact checking acumen across the board is pretty abhorrent. Good job!

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
PK Subban Tracker

what a fun website! Shea looks so young in the photo

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Pierre McGuire just became public enemy #1 over in Leafland. :) Just said on TSN690 that he thinks someone on the Leafs will get offersheeted this summer. That would certainly make for a fun few hours or days on HF this July if it did happen. :laugh:

Last edited:

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Pierre McGuire just became public enemy #1 over in Leafland. :) Just said on TSN690 that he thinks someone on the Leafs will get offersheeted this summer. That would certainly make for a fun few hours or days on HF this July if it did happen. :laugh:
I hope someone does. All I can say is with all the cap space we have, the fact that we have a young team and our fairly solid farm system (for now anyways) we could for sure be in a an OK position to offersheet someone. I doubt it will happen though.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016

I always wondered about Arizona . They seem like a team who could use hometown boy Matthews and would risk the 4 1st Rnd picks for some massive 7 years 15 mil lol

It would make Toronto think for 4 1st Round picks and still have Tavares and Kadri for C and they can get a 2/3 line C .

It would also be hilarious Cash starved Arizona steals Golden Boy from Toronto who surplus of money is keeping teams like Arizona in the league .

Would also be hilarious to see # of times Matthews is mentioned in the media from 3837473 times a day to 2 games a year he plays against Toronto .

All nonsense though lol , Toronto will resign both .

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
to be fair, that deal never should have been made. It was a lost trade from the word go. We lost that one.
Had you (and others) read the discussion, you'd understand that I wasn't talking the trade. It came up as a result of someone's silly and incorrect statement about Weber.

The trade often gets dragged into a conversation when someone runs out of ammunition in their original conversation.

Reactions: jaffy27

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Hows Subbans back this year?

Reactions: jaffy27

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

It wasn't even a blocked shot. The guy was on the side and straight up threw the puck in his face.

Reactions: Braun

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I'd love to hear O-dog's take on that.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Didn't Weber score more goals than PK his first full year with the Habs? I wasn't a fan of the deal either, but Weber has been very very good for the Habs since the trade.

Ok, Mike Green was also producing alot

Same thing for Souray, he started scoring goals at some point

How hard it is to understand, PK makes everyone better, he plays the hardest minutes and still produces. He takes all the negative media pressure away from his teamates.

When Pk is on your team the media covereage is on him, that allows the key players (ex pacioretty, pleckanec, Price) to focus on their job and not to worry about their perfomance on the ice.

Perfect example Pacioretty.
That guy was floating on the ice but the attention was still on PK. Once PK left Pacioretty’s game got worst and he couldn’t handle the pressure.

Weber is cool but the media interest is not there.
He’s super uninteresting.

That makes everyone else a potential target and i can guarantee you most hockey players don’t handle the negative pressure very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad