TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Was watching Tim & Sid and it was interesting seeing Tim talking about sort of feeling sorry for Weber and Price that a 8th place and quick playoff exist is probably all the Habs could hope for at their best. When great players like that should hope for something greater. And this goes back to the eternal debate. But it would be a bold move by MB to realise that and go fishing with the other GMs to see what he could get from contending teams.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Was watching Tim & Sid and it was interesting seeing Tim talking about sort of feeling sorry for Weber and Price that a 8th place and quick playoff exist is probably all the Habs could hope for at their best. When great players like that should hope for something greater. And this goes back to the eternal debate. But it would be a bold move by MB to realise that and go fishing with the other GMs to see what he could get from contending teams.
Bergevin is not that smart.He does a half ass job of everything he does.He will wait till neither have any value left and then get nothing for either.That or both will get tired of losing and want out thus leaving us with our hands tied.He never gets rid of anyone when they are on top of their game like a good GM would.Another thing to consider is the injury history of both of these guys.One more serious injury to either and they will be worth zilch.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Benoit Brunet throwing a fit on 5 à 7. Him and Mario are really letting the Habs have it. :laugh:

They ought to bring back those show formats that were so animated that guests would be getting at each other's faces . One of them was L'attaque à cinq, I believe.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Aside of maybe Calgary, if we can call them a contender, I can't see one of those teams wanting Price at 10.5M. They're pretty much all set for goalie for years, except maybe Nashville but then we would get Rinne back and that's if the Habs are out of his NTC list.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Aside of maybe Calgary, if we can call them a contender, I can't see one of those teams wanting Price at 10.5M. They're pretty much all set for goalie for years, except maybe Nashville but then we would get Rinne back and that's if the Habs are out of his NTC list.

It's a shame that St Louis is sucking, it's always been the perfect destination for Price. They were a goalie away from being a contender for many years. So let's pray for the Blues to get back in the race!

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
It's a shame that St Louis is sucking, it's always been the perfect destination for Price. They were a goalie away from being a contender for many years. So let's pray for the Blues to get back in the race!
It looks like they're sellers already, we probably have better chance to get Tarasenko then to sell them Price.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm afraid we're going to get stuck with Sean R. Campbell for some time yet at TSN690. He, John Still and Dave 32 were taking calls during the "ask us anything" segment while they replaced the morning guys this past week, when Campbell mentioned how management asked him if he'd like to have his own show or do play-by-play. Apparently, he's leaning towards the latter. A lot of us would have liked to see him leaning towards the door.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I'm afraid we're going to get stuck with Sean R. Campbell for some time yet at TSN690. He, John Still and Dave 32 were taking calls during the "ask us anything" segment while they replaced the morning guys this past week, when Campbell mentioned how management asked him if he'd like to have his own show or do play-by-play. Apparently, he's leaning towards the latter. A lot of us would have liked to see him leaning towards the door.

He was never going anywhere :( He is already Robot Habs Schill "Defend Habs Image and Pro-Habs Management Message"

Here is to hoping they get new people at some point ! lol

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know where the gazette found this clown. His hatred towards PK is evident in this article. To date the Weber PK trade has been one of the worst in franchise history and is one Bergevin would love to have back.

Jack Todd: Can we end the Subban-Weber debate and admit both teams won?

Marinaro told a story once. Both he and Jack Todd were on the same television or radio program once. Todd sits in his chair before they're about to go on and asks Tony how the game was last night, as he had missed it. Tony tells him his impressions. A couple minutes later the cameras start rolling a news caster asks Todd his impressions of the game last night. He proceeds to repeat what Tony said as if it were his own ideas from having watched the game...

Reactions: Runner77

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Jack Todd reminds me of Kenny when he became an alcoholic in the Walking Dead game

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
He says that PK didn't deserve to win the norris as if he won it by some lottery or something. Maybe todd doesn't realize this but the norris is voted on and PK won it fair and square. So his opinion is irrelevant. Todd's probably a Weber supporter and is butt hurt how poorly Webers career has gone in Montreal

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Weber’s been nothing short of amazing since coming here. Not sure how anyone can say with a straight face that it was one of the worst lopsided trades in history and be taken seriously at all if not for a complete PK fan boy with zero objectivity.

Reactions: BLONG7

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He says that PK didn't deserve to win the norris as if he won it by some lottery or something. Maybe todd doesn't realize this but the norris is voted on and PK won it fair and square. So his opinion is irrelevant. Todd's probably a Weber supporter and is butt hurt how poorly Webers career has gone in Montreal
I live in the dimension where Weber picked up as strongly as he left off with 6-6-12 in 18 games. Sorry you're stuck with the alternate-dimension Weber. Does Spock have a beard over there?

Reactions: Sterling Archer

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
I live in the dimension where Weber picked up as strongly as he left off with 6-6-12 in 18 games. Sorry you're stuck with the alternate-dimension Weber. Does Spock have a beard over there?

Yeah his 18 games in the past two years...hes been great.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yeah his 18 games in the past two years...hes been great.
In my dimension Weber's played 44 games - 26 last year and 18 so far this year. 12-16-28 are pretty good numbers, not even including his 17-25-42 two seasons ago. So yes, over here he's been mostly great.

Reactions: BLONG7

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
In my dimension Weber's played 44 games - 26 last year and 18 so far this year. 12-16-28 are pretty good numbers, not even including his 17-25-42 two seasons ago. So yes, over here he's been mostly great.

Wow 44 games in 2 years. Excuse me sir. I wish my standards were as low as yours.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->