TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just can't listen to them. Some are okay but in the end i prefer TSN690 and NHL on Sirius.....they actually have great guests instead of Tremblay, Machabee and french only players.

I still prefer some of them to Gallo, Campbell and Jimmy G.

What I really hate on 91.9FM is that Louis guy who is annoying as f*** with his politics and demagoguery but then changes his tune whenever he calls Marinaro.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

What I really hate on 91.9FM is that Louis guy who is annoying as **** with his politics and demagoguery but then changes his tune whenever he calls Marinaro.

Sirius are the first channel i put on normally.....i prefer hockey radio than only habs radio. But as for 91.9....most of those there are like Louis with their politic crap which is what gets me mad.....maybe i should give them a try since JiCi is gone, he really was (and still is) the worst

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sirius are the first channel i put on normally.....i prefer hockey radio than only habs radio. But as for 91.9....most of those there are like Louis with their politic crap which is what gets me mad.....maybe i should give them a try since JiCi is gone, he really was (and still is) the worst

There are some real obvious names to avoid if you want to sidestep the political crap.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Really saddened to learn the plight of Derek Aucoin, ex-Expo pitcher and a broadcaster at 98.5FM:

I wish him the best of luck. He's been on everyone's mind, on the French media side -- heard many good wishes for him throughout the day.

I've listened to his late night radio show many times and he always came across as a gentleman. Hang tough, Derek.

God that is horrible news, just depressing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Limp Act fire Garde and hire a Wilmer Cabrera who can't speak French.

It doesn't take long for the usual suspects to come out of the woodwork with their political agenda.

Yesterday, Stéphane Languesale on 91.9FM: "Cabrera ne parle pas un traître mot de français!"

TRANSLATION: Cabrera does not speak a damn word of French!

La Presse's Philippe Cantin today at the press conference, trying to pin Gilmore down for not hiring someone who speaks French. And then ends his little tirade with, "have you thought about what kind of message it sends (not to hire a French-speaking coach)?"

Gilmore calmly replied how there was no French-speaking coach currently available, none who knew the league well and who was available right now.

These are the same media idiots who will jump in with their politics the minute they perceive that any linguistic "gain" that has been made with a local pro sports team, has been compromised.

I'll tell you what kind of message it sends, Cantin -- you'll always be a wannabe political hack pretending to work in sports.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The Limp Act fire Garde and hire a Wilmer Cabrera who can't speak French.

It doesn't take long for the usual suspects to come out of the woodwork with their political agenda.

Yesterday, Stéphane Languesale on 91.9FM: "Cabrera ne parle pas un traître mot de français!"

TRANSLATION: Cabrera does speak a damn word of French!

La Presse's Philippe Cantin today at the press conference, trying to pin Gilmore down for not hiring someone who speaks French. And then ends his little tirade with, "have you thought about what kind of message it sends (not to hire a French-speaking coach)?"

Gilmore calmly replied how there was no French-speaking coach currently available, none who knew the league well and who was available right now.

These are the same media idiots who will jump in with their politics the minute they perceive that any linguistic "gain" that has been made with a local pro sports team, has been compromised.

I'll tell you what kind of message it sends, Cantin -- you'll always be a wannabe political hack pretending to work in sports.
Yikes...So this "coach must speak french" is even a thing for the Montreal Impact?

Have the Impact always had a french speaking coach?

Just awful

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yikes...So this "coach must speak french" is even a thing for the Montreal Impact?

Just awful

I don't follow the Limp Act closely enough but I know they've had some coaches who spoke French, not sure if it was all of them.

The same hacks I quoted apply their linguistic rule indiscriminately. If they had their druthers and they certainly use their bully pulpit towards it, all Montreal sports teams would have to hire French speaking management types and coaches.

Reactions: OldCraig71 and 417

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I don't follow the Limp Act closely enough but I know they've had some coaches who spoke French, not sure if it was all of them.

The same hacks I quoted apply their linguistic rule indiscriminately. If they had their druthers and they certainly use their bully pulpit towards it, all Montreal sports teams would have to hire French speaking management types and coaches.
Their best coach was english, don't know if he spoke french tho, don't think so.

Jesse Marsch was his name.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Just awful

Does any one really cares if a a player or a coach or gm speak all the official languages? Guess some do,but should face facts and reality. imao that is,not trying to rock any boat or whatever. Always appreciated if a foreign player,etc picks up some of the language,but shouldn't be a priority.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

It's the reason that we ended up with Bergevin and in my opinion, it's the reason why he still has a job.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
More from Derek Aucoin, as he's facing an incurable disease. He's trying to make the most of the time he has left.

Here he is playing pitch and catch with his son. What a moment for any dad.

Last edited:

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Sad to hear about Derek Aucoin, wish him well.

I'll always remember how well he pitched on a cold rainy night in Ottawa, when the Lynx won the championship...

Mackanin had no shortage of confidence in the 25-year-old, who gave up one run in four appearances (eight innings) while striking out 12 during that postseason. In Game 4 of the Governors’ Cup Final, the right-hander was at his best. “I made some really big pitches,” said Aucoin, who worked three scoreless innings and picked up the win in a 4-0 championship-clinching victory over the Tides. “I peaked. I was dealing. The confidence was there, and nothing was going to rattle me.” Nearly 15 years later, the 39-year-old remembers almost every single pitch during that outing. “Those were some of the best innings of my life,” he said. Aucoin went on to achieve his childhood dream of playing in the major leagues in 1996, making a pair of relief appearances for Montreal to become the first hometown player ever to pitch for the Expos. But to this day, he shows no hesitation when asked which
moment was the highlight of his professional baseball career. “In all honesty, it was winning the championship in Ottawa, hands down,” he said. “Not everybody in life has the chance to wake up and be a champion ... of anything. To have the chance to contribute was awesome. We battled for two rounds, and to win it at home was a huge deal.”

From: https://www.google.ca/url?q=http://...FjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3PFOHMcmkjqqgQM03wyvA_

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

What I really hate on 91.9FM is that Louis guy who is annoying as **** with his politics and demagoguery but then changes his tune whenever he calls Marinaro.
can't listen to Gallo either..and louis? forget it. an absolute fool. his twitter posts are a shit show.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
can't listen to Gallo either..and louis? forget it. an absolute fool. his twitter posts are a **** show.

Louis is truly annoying. His radio infamy has also made him an announcer for charity games where he over pronounces everything in a huge voice. As if that weren’t enough, he gets to do his old man announcer gig on 91.9FM where he’s asked to scream out the name of players who’ve had a dominant week in pro sports.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve been watching Conan forever but now that he’s opted for a more scaled down 30 minute show with no band, am I the only one who finds his new outfits laughable?

He’s wearing these undersized tightly tailored jean jackets that look real short which he accompanies with a shirt and tie. I’ve never seen anyone use a shirt and tie with a jean jacket, it’s an eyesore.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I’ve been watching Conan forever but now that he’s opted for a more scaled down 30 minute show with no band, am I the only one who finds his new outfits laughable?

He’s wearing these undersized tightly tailored jean jackets that look real short which he accompanies with a shirt and tie. I’ve never seen anyone use a shirt and tie with a jean jacket, it’s an eyesore.

For awhile I thought it was a joke but then I realized this was really his look.

I never understood the hate and disrespect he tends to get from networks and even talk show fans. I’ve always found him funny. Sure, he can be grating at times but overall his stuff is pretty good.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For awhile I thought it was a joke but then I realized this was really his look.

I never understood the hate and disrespect he tends to get from networks and even talk show fans. I’ve always found him funny. Sure, he can be grating at times but overall his stuff is pretty good.

He’s the king of self-deprecating humor and his comedic timing is excellent, shows an uncanny presence of mind, is smart and can easily improvise. I don’t think he’s lost any of that over the years.

Like you, I’m surprised that the jean jacket, shirt and tie thing is really his look.

Reactions: sandviper

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How is Moe Khan even on the public airwaves? Cannot complete a sentence, truncates most of his words, just can't enunciate.

Khan and Gallo on the morning show. A guy who can't pronounce coupled with one who's too smug and self-absorbed to tell the difference.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I like Leaf fan Gallo much better when Melnick is around to put him in his place. Thought I'd tune in today to listen to Habs lunch for the first time in a while and all I heard was stinkin Leafs talk so I just turned it off again. TSN690 in the summer when there's no Habs to talk about is just god awful sports talk radio.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I like Leaf fan Gallo much better when Melnick is around to put him in his place. Thought I'd tune in today to listen to Habs lunch for the first time in a while and all I heard was stinkin Leafs talk so I just turned it off again. TSN690 in the summer when there's no Habs to talk about is just god awful sports talk radio.

Melnick goes on vacation for an extended period and the whole damn station craters.

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad