TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I salute you for jumping into the sandbox, especially knowing how far it would get you.

Todd's tweet in defense of Bergevin today was something about how 'one of the sticks used to beat MB was the fact that three players filed for arb'. And now we should apologize because Armia and Lehkonen signed.

Now I suppose because he's a writer at the local paper he gets the odd crazy email or whatever but I haven't seen one word here or in any Hab-related news sites that was the least bit concerned or negative about the arb filing. Standard business, we all knew the contracts would get done, and they did. But Jack is such a savvy journalist he can see stuff that isn't there and defend passionately against it.

I just don't know where it all began. It's funny because he had no problem trading barbs with me but I got blocked the moment I asked him for legitimate facts why we should trust MB as a fan.

He can't do it logically so he has to act like a child and create these machinations that aren't there.

It's funny because my brother in law showed me the Keith Olbermann video where he makes fun of Jack Todd. It was glorious.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I just don't know where it all began. It's funny because he had no problem trading barbs with me but I got blocked the moment I asked him for legitimate facts why we should trust MB as a fan.

He can't do it logically so he has to act like a child and create these machinations that aren't there.

It's funny because my brother in law showed me the Keith Olbermann video where he makes fun of Jack Todd. It was glorious.
I blocked him. It's easier that way .

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Honestly I have been so unimpressed with the whole show recently, they seem so unprepared and so unprofessional and you can hear it and it's so painful.

Yesterday McKenna called Gusev an offensive left shot defenseman. He was corrected by Jon Still who then went onto say that Gusev will be making 925k on the cap so trading him won't make much of a dent...who was then corrected by McKenna saying that Gusev is an RFA looking for a new deal.

These guys should know these things it's literally their jobs.
McKenna seems more suited for CJAD.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I didn’t realize anyone still bothered with Todd, he can blow a fuse within seconds.

Now Keith Olbermann is something else altogether. I miss watching him. Someone give him a show already.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro just now: I like to use spray deodorant. I sweat under the arms and smell. I don't like that. I keep cologne in my car.

WTF. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And then Marinaro continued about a friend of his who dyes his grey hairs with mascara.

Ferrar co-hosting with Marinaro is really exposing Marinaro's limited vocabulary.

I guess Ferrar knows what's good for him and not challenging Marinaro's shortcomings, given that his main gig is on CJAD and only rarely hosts on 690.

The last 10 minutes were gruesome when Marinaro took the conversation into personal hygiene.

Ferrar just toying with him now -- he floats out a turd about how Marinaro should run in politics and the latter takes the bait: "I've thought of running at one time, by the way." :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gallo finally getting his pillow gig cut from under him with Dormez Vous offering a competing pillow with a promo code and running a slew of ads on 690. Maybe Gallo won’t be so smug now.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

Is Brian Wilde totally unhinged? I was thinking of making a thread with some screenshots. He blocked me for sending him a private message that read "I know you didn't mean anything given the context but it's inappropriate for a white person to call a black person an "Uncle Tom"". No response just an immediate block, which is odd because we have had polite exchanges before. I think it's just a really bad look for someone who has been accusing everyone of being racist on Twitter for the past couple years

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I've gotten accustomed enough to Tsn690 to know which segments to tune into.
3 Starr Quiz, Marc Denis (when off vacation), Marc Dumont, Dregs/McKenzie and Habs lunch are mostly what I tune in for.
Then I sometimes listen to Ferraro, Ward, McGuire the next day.

I'll tune into Marinaro if the Canadiens make a move of some sort because he's enjoyable if he's talking positively
I find Dreger to be so annoying. If I see his face on my TV, I immediately change channels.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
He's always been a complete JA

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Only reason to listen to 690 in the dog days of summer are the bumbling amateur replacements that gift you with the most hilarious faux pas.

Tuned in just now to find out that Gallo is hosting Nilan's time slot and he has Jimmy G as a sidekick.

So Gallo is just dragging things out, filling the air with small talk. He mentions how much he likes all the shows he's going to be hosting in the next few weeks as the normally-scheduled hosts take vacations. Then he quips about how he's going to flood the station with the sound of his voice or something like that.

So sidekick Jimmy G tells him how we'll be hearing the "dulcet tones" of Gallo's voice, a comment that Gallo approves enthusiastically.

Ten minutes or so later, after Gallo has wandered unto yet more bland subject matter, he turns to Jimmy G and says: Sooooo, what's that you had said about my voice, "dulcid" tones?

Jimmy G answers: No, it's dulcet tones. And then proceeds to spell it out as "D-U-L-C-I-T".

Idiots. :laugh:

"Dulcet tones" belong to a legend like a Vin Scully or a Dave Van Horne not the Gallos of this world. Hey Gallo, stick to "dulcid".

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick going on hiatus for a month, as announced yesterday during his show. There’s going to be very little to get you motivated to listen since the afternoon show features the best content normally.

Yesterday was also Gord Miller’s last segment before heading for Europe. What a great guest — smart, knowledgeable, funny. I hope he becomes a staple and not just a replacement guest. This is exactly what the station needs — an infusion of smarts and worldly experience.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Simon taking Melnick’s place on the afternoon show doesn’t know the difference between “owed” and “owned”.

And he sells real estate for a living. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another amateur moment on 690.

They have someone do a sportscast who doesn’t identify herself and she can’t complete a sentence.

She sounds really nervous. One of the news items she was reading off mentioned how Jason Pominville is considering signing with the Habs and has “until July 1st” to make a decision.

Followed by some dead air.

Then, there’s a hot mic and she says “Tony’s not here.”

Followed by more dead air.

Then a commercial.

More dead air.

Then another commercial.

Beaut.

Last edited:

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

Is Brian Wilde totally unhinged? I was thinking of making a thread with some screenshots. He blocked me for sending him a private message that read "I know you didn't mean anything given the context but it's inappropriate for a white person to call a black person an "Uncle Tom"". No response just an immediate block, which is odd because we have had polite exchanges before. I think it's just a really bad look for someone who has been accusing everyone of being racist on Twitter for the past couple years

Him along with stu cowen and Brendan kelly would easily get hired by CNN,msnbc,haters will be haters.I don't even know how hockey inside out survives with the continuous negativity,total garbage.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marinaro calling Stu Cowen's Gazette piece on Markov nothing but a sympathy PR stunt and he's been going on and on about it since having Cowen on to discuss the article this morning. Did Markov call Marinaro a few bad names or something in the past since he doesn't seem to have much good to say about Markov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad