TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He spoke about the weardown of smaller players in the playoffs and how players (like Krug) start to get shy about going into the corners for the puck.

I thought St Louis was awesome at times cycling the puck, winning the battles in the o-zone and wearing teams down. Which eventually led to scoring chances or penalties.
I can't remember the last time I've seen Boston get physically manhandled like that. Even at their worst they've always had players in their lineup capable of being physical but this time around they really had no answer for St-Louis' aggression. Even if they wanted to retaliate somehow, they had nothing. When's the last time Bruins got bullied lololol?

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I can't remember the last time I've seen Boston get physically manhandled like that. Even at their worst they've always had players in their lineup capable of being physical but this time around they really had no answer for St-Louis' aggression. Even if they wanted to retaliate somehow, they had nothing. When's the last time Bruins got bullied lololol?
They haven't been the "Big Bad Bruins" since Lucic cried about mean old Dale Weise. Now there's no one left who's big & bad except creaky old Chara. Bergeron is tough but not dirty, Marchand is a selective rodent, and the rest of their lineup is degrees of speed and skill.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Interesting interview this morning on 690 with Tony Marinaro, Larry Robinson. #19 made the point about the importance of size in the playoffs.
Heard that same clip. Hard to argue with Robinson. Also hard to stop thinking about how different our team might've been with Larry Robinson as our defensive coach. Good lord, what a lost opportunity...

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Heard that same clip. Hard to argue with Robinson. Also hard to stop thinking about how different our team might've been with Larry Robinson as our defensive coach. Good lord, what a lost opportunity...

I think he would have done wonders for PK and NB.

I’m not saying he would have. Turned Nate into a Norris guy, but I think he would have reached him a little.

Guys like Vlasic and Burns rave about his impact.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I think they may have been afraid of him. His legend dwarfs them all.

It would be nice to have more of the legends involved, at least Kirk Muller is there I guess.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
NHL Draft tomorrow but the 10 AM show is focused on youth soccer.

And now they’re playing a Moffat soccer goal call during a commercial.

What a winning combo.

Reactions: CupHolders

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
bargain bin didn't want him,probably knew Larry wouldn't agree with him on his ideas of how this team should he built.he was more comfortable with the (yes sir ) type of coaching staff.:sarcasm:

Reactions: The Little Viking

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I think they may have been afraid of him. His legend dwarfs them all.

It would be nice to have more of the legends involved, at least Kirk Muller is there I guess.
Kirk muller has been a disaster.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro picks it up from 11 AM with a rant about the Montralouellettes, followed by NBA talk with Moe Conned, back to soccer -- this time an interview with Mary Walsh, who was on the women's national team and is now a pundit, followed by ... switching to a feed of the women's soccer game.

Marinaro managed to make the whole morning mostly about soccer. Didn't see that coming. :sarcasm:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Marinaro picks it up from 11 AM with a rant about the Montralouellettes, followed by NBA talk with Moe Conned, back to soccer -- this time an interview with Mary Walsh, who was on the women's national team and is now a pundit, followed by ... switching to a feed of the women's soccer game.

Marinaro managed to make the whole morning mostly about soccer. Didn't see that coming. :sarcasm:

One thing about Tony’s show is he doesn’t get budgeted many guests. So he has to free form it. And he is the least qualified for that endeavour.

I’m still loving his recent discovery of basketball. He somehow was never exposed to Magic/Bird, the Pistons or MJ, and is now evangelical with all the zeal of a recent convert.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One thing about Tony’s show is he doesn’t get budgeted many guests. So he has to free form it. And he is the least qualified for that endeavour.

I’m still loving his recent discovery of basketball. He somehow was never exposed to Magic/Bird, the Pistons or MJ, and is now evangelical with all the zeal of a recent convert.

Marinaro got into the Raptors big time although he's always had a weekly NBA segment with Peter Yannopoulos. Never showed the same love for baseball, even if I once saw him at the Big O taking in an Expos game. He's become a baseball hater as he sees it as a threat to his beloved soccer.

Last edited:

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Kirk muller has been a disaster.
Watching the Bruins and Blues powerplays in the finals brought home the point of a powerplay qb for me. Doesn't excuse the coaches for the Habs powerplay last season but believe a player like Krug would make a big difference.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Got that. He didn't say short. Someone 5 10 205 is not really small.

I don't know how big Barbashev is but he didn't play small these playoffs.

Did you ever have the chance to meet/see Gordie Howe up close? His upper body compared to his legs was huge and was one of the reasons he dominated.
dynamic_resize

What a beast! great pic. BTW.

I'll take Gallagher at ...5'9? 185 over a 6'2 200 any day. Those guys at that height perturbed me more than the taller ones when I played,seemed to be able to get down under.

Reactions: Chili

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
McCown’s last day at Rogers. He’ll get paid to stay home for a while. At his best, he was very good. Seemed to lose interest and be saddled with ineffective sidekicks in recent years.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Did they ask him WHY they traded their 2nd second rounder ?
Didn't hear that, just a mention that the kid Norlinder broke his wrist recently which may be why they felt they could trade down and still get that player.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
His comment too, they thought they were going to be in a position to trade back and select a defenseman and not necessarily a LD.

Thomson rumors seem true.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good interview. Said Caufield blew them away in interview. Too hard to trade up

Before Timmins, Marinaro had Amanda Stein on to talk a bit about the Devils successful weekend after drafting Hughes and trading for Subban.

Marinaro asked her about Caufield, and she was upset with herself because she knew she was coming on Montreal radio and she never asked Hughes about Caufield. She did mention that she did interview Caufield a few times heading into the draft, and she noted that he has a swagger. Tony then played her the clip of Bergevin saying the same thing about Caufield on Friday.

So really, this kid is special on the ice and sounds special off it, too. Bergevin said he has a very endearing personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->