TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dude Bergevin resignation wont change much.

When you have an owner whi agrees to trade Subban, you know prioritys are not the fans

I understand the issues are more deeply-rooted than just Bergevin. But, the discussion has to start somewhere.

Clearly, the owner is the first domino that caused the last five years to unfold as they have. He couldn't even understand what makes a good GM, he completely relied on Savard who had been out of the business several years over. And throughout this, he's been multiplying empty marketing type rah--rah messages about how he trusts the individuals he's named and how the team will be successful. It's completely insulting to the intelligence of your average fan.

I'd be surprised if any mainstream broadcasters are going to have the balls to call out Molson. He's the hand that feeds a lot of stations and media. It's going to take someone who doesn't care about losing access to BC sandwiches, media access and perks.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The fans have to take the matter into their own hands. Organize protests in front of the Bell Centre, boycott Molson products, use social media to spread the word, make Molson realize that people have had enough of this bullshit, and change is demanded. You'd think with the passion Habs fan show when things go well, it shouldn't be hard to get them going, I mean c'mon, this team is a major joke right now.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
The fans have to take the matter into their own hands. Organize protests in front of the Bell Centre, boycott Molson products, use social media to spread the word, make Molson realize that people have had enough of this bull****, and change is demanded. You'd think with the passion Habs fan show when things go well, it shouldn't be hard to get them going, I mean c'mon, this team is a major joke right now.
Just stop buying tickets,,,,,

Reactions: BLONG7 and NoQuinn

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Craig Ludwig was just on TSN690 with Nilan and was asked how Pateryn was playing with Dallas. Ludwig said that Pateryn has been playing very well and was likely the Stars most consistent right sided defenseman. I liked Pateryn when he was an Hab and it's great to hear he's playing well for the Stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Craig Ludwig was just on TSN690 with Nilan and was asked him how Pateryn was playing with Dallas. Ludwig said that Pateryn has been playing very well and was likely the Stars most consistent right sided defenseman. I liked Pateryn when he was an Hab and it's great to hear he's playing well for the Stars.

I liked him as well and that is good to hear, Benn has a better beard though.:laugh:

Jul 6, 2016
Craig Ludwig was just on TSN690 with Nilan and was asked how Pateryn was playing with Dallas. Ludwig said that Pateryn has been playing very well and was likely the Stars most consistent right sided defenseman. I liked Pateryn when he was an Hab and it's great to hear he's playing well for the Stars.

yeah. Pateryn was never given proper chances. Ideal 3rd pairing d-man who can kill penalties and hit some bodies. Too bad the management reacted so badly to his wife's comment and ship him out to Dallas for "all star" Benn.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
The fans have to take the matter into their own hands. Organize protests in front of the Bell Centre, boycott Molson products, use social media to spread the word, make Molson realize that people have had enough of this bull****, and change is demanded. You'd think with the passion Habs fan show when things go well, it shouldn't be hard to get them going, I mean c'mon, this team is a major joke right now.
Good luck with that. Quebec is addicted to 2 things. The habs and cheap alcohol.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Mainstream news media is starting to talk about the debacle. One of the main news item on TVA Nouvelles tonight, as a matter of fact. Even the politics-oriented show "La joute" took on the Habs today, which is a first.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Finally someone in the media said clearly the captain is lazy and was the cause of the first leafs goal. Kudos to McGuire for saying it so clearly.

Reactions: Gains

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Finally someone in the media said clearly the captain is lazy and was the cause of the first leafs goal. Kudos to McGuire for saying it so clearly.

McGuire isn't the first to say this. While at the start of the year, a lot of the focus was on Galchenyuk, a few weeks into the season, a lot of the media's focus was put on Pacioretty. He's talked negatively about more that Galchenyuk these days. Even Nilan, who is close with Max has been calling him out lately, going as far as saying he should be traded.

Reactions: tazsub3

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I really like Melnick for telling things like they really are and not sugarcoating things like the Habs shills in the media. He just went on a little mini rant about MB and said he doesn't care if MB is trying hard and that the bottom line is the NHL is a results oriented business and trying hard but not getting things done simply isn't good enough. Truth.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I really like Melnick for telling things like they really are and not sugarcoating things like the Habs shills in the media. He just went on a little mini rant about MB and said he doesn't care if MB is trying hard and that the bottom line is the NHL is a results oriented business and trying hard but not getting things done simply isn't good enough. Truth.

What I like is that Melnick doesn’t raise his voice and scream that MB needs to be fired and go all hot take on it. He lays out the problems, explains how MB is responsible, and that it just isn’t good enough. No personal feelings, no hidden agenda.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
yeah. Pateryn was never given proper chances. Ideal 3rd pairing d-man who can kill penalties and hit some bodies. Too bad the management reacted so badly to his wife's comment and ship him out to Dallas for "all star" Benn.
Seems wives are quite effective. Maybe a good organization understands this?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Tony teasing what Molson may or may not have said to Bergy, 'After the break' like we can't look it up ourselves... good god what a hacky radio host. All he is missing is weather reports every 15 minutes, Kardashian updates and sound effects.

Nilan spitting out deep thoughts yesterday, about how kids in Yemen are dying, and we shouldn't take hockey too seriously because of it. Ok, thanks knuckles...

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Tony thinks hes a Insider because he knows Soccer people who let him break some news and said Radu wants 8 yrs in Nov when he was dominating when everyone sucked lol

A 3 yr old could have reported Radulov wanted 8 yrs in Nov lol

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Ray Ferraro's segments with Melnick are always a very good listen. Ferraro was certainly on point again today but he usually is every time he's on with Melnick.

If I see the audio up on TSN690 later I'll post a link for anyone who wants to have a listen.

Reactions: Inkling

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The audio for Ray Ferraro's TSN690 segment with Melnick is now on the TSN690 webpage. A lot of what he said has pretty much been said here for a while now by many. It's good to hear people in the business though finally talking about the mess MB has turned the Habs into. It's a good listen IMO.

Ferraro: The Habs are a mess

Listening to Ferraro now, thanks for the link. Missed McGuire today, I'll have to see when his audio is up.

Scathing comment by Ferraro: "The team is a mess and I don't see the road to fixing it." Ouch.

And meantime, Geoff is leaving Bergevin with the task of fixing his own mess. What could possibly go wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoQuinn and sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't think I've ever heard Pierre McGuire call a player overrated before but he just called Oscar Klefbom an overrated player and has been overrated by the Oilers organization since he's been drafted. He also said that the Habs are wasting Drouin at center and he should be moved to the wing. The Habs really are being run by stubborn imbeciles. Pretty good listen from McGuire today.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I don't think I've ever heard Pierre McGuire call a player overrated before but he just called Oscar Klefbom an overrated player and has been overrated by the Oilers organization since he's been drafted. He also said that the Habs are wasting Drouin at center and he should be moved to the wing. The Habs really are being run by stubborn imbeciles. Pretty good listen from McGuire today.

McGuire was on fire today

He body checked the Canadians organisation. He was excellent today. Excellent. I wish he were gm

Or president of the Canadians

He knows his stuff

Bergevin was a mistake

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
McGuire was on fire today

He body checked the Canadians organisation. He was excellent today. Excellent. I wish he were gm

Or president of the Canadians

He knows his stuff

Bergevin was a mistake

I wouldn't go that far as wanting him as GM but I agree he was really on point today. Not many compliments being thrown Bergevin's or the Habs way of late in the media.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I wouldn't go that far as wanting him as GM but I agree he was really on point today. Not many compliments being thrown Bergevin's or the Habs way of late in the media.
He sounded angry today I've never heard him as angry as he was today. He sounded different and I'm wondering if he knows something. I mean the guy does have his connections around the league

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->