TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Awesome to hear Yvan Cournoyer, Rod Gilbert, Dave Keon and Frank Mahovlich talk about their careers., Gilbert especially is a funny guy.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Rod Francis talking to Pierre McGuire just said that Alzner is still struggling with a new system. Is that really the case or is Karl Alzner just not a very good defenseman? Maybe a bit of both?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The Montreal media profits when the team stinks. They are loving this.

Not 100% true. If the teams falters for a long period of time, it has been proven that readership and viewership go down significantly. Which means less revenues in advertisement. Which also means less beat reporters on the job, which means interest waining.

Nobody profits from an awful season.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Way too much Campbell and Gallo on that station right now. Between commercial ads for their shows, the fact Campbell never goes home, Gallo promoting pillows and always harping on about his fight...I've had my fill.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Way too much Campbell and Gallo on that station right now. Between commercial ads for their shows, the fact Campbell never goes home, Gallo promoting pillows and always harping on about his fight...I've had my fill.

They ought to make the ultimate promo -- combine Gallo and his pillows and coin it as "Gallows", which would be a more accurate depiction of what he is putting the listeners through with his pseudo-intellectual gibberish.

It would be in the same lineage as other portmanteau word precedents, like "Brangelina", except this one would be for a f***ing asswipe.

Reactions: JJ68

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rod Francis talking to Pierre McGuire just said that Alzner is still struggling with a new system. Is that really the case or is Karl Alzner just not a very good defenseman? Maybe a bit of both?

A jarring comment, to be sure.

hockey30-2017-11-17-a-20.37.16.png

Reactions: sheed36

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal

I have never liked Gallo, I always thought he came across as an arrogant piece of you know what.
Enjoyed listening to Campbell but he too now drives me insane, he has spent way to much time with Gallo.
The jokes they try to make are just not funny at all but they try so hard.
and those ****** pillows, I can't take it anymore!!!

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I have never liked Gallo, I always thought he came across as an arrogant piece of you know what.
Enjoyed listening to Campbell but he too now drives me insane, he has spent way to much time with Gallo.
The jokes they try to make are just not funny at all but they try so hard.
and those ****** pillows, I can't take it anymore!!!

I refuse to purchase a pillow on account of the heavy promotion for it.

void

Jan 5, 2006

I'm glad someone else noticed this. I don't listen to the station much but whenever I do he's ALWAYS on. I don't get it. Does he live there or what?

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I'm glad someone else noticed this. I don't listen to the station much but whenever I do he's ALWAYS on. I don't get it. Does he live there or what?

He must have an inflatable bed there or something..

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
LOL
i like the attitude, Im the same way when I dont agree with something. I refuse to attend a Laval Rockets game so long as that incompetent coach is still behind the bench

I have 0 Idea and do not understand how SLY is in Laval . Last season was the best scenario to get rid of him , Team has sucked , no one is being developed , Contract expired , team moving.
I just dont know lol

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
I have 0 Idea and do not understand how SLY is in Laval . Last season was the best scenario to get rid of him , Team has sucked , no one is being developed , Contract expired , team moving.
I just dont know lol
Exactly how I feel which is why I will not go, and trust me I wanna go, but i cant support stupidity, honestly even stopped watching the habs, i left my house tonight at 2-0

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I just dont know lol

Sly, JJD, Lacroix, to name a few...how the heck are these guys around.... either MB doesn't have the backbone to make tough choices or he's just hiring his buddies... But he's surrounded himself with incompetence, through nepotism, lack of managerial courage, and his own incompetence. And he's about to pay the price. Too bad it is at the expense of the team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sly, JJD, Lacroix, to name a few...how the heck are these guys around.... either MB doesn't have the backbone to make tough choices or he's just hiring his buddies... But he's surrounded himself with incompetence, through nepotism, lack of managerial courage, and his own incompetence. And he's about to pay the price. Too bad it is at the expense of the team.

It's really at the expense of those who are supporting the team -- your average fan. Five years not only wasted, but where someone actually managed to make the team worse and mortgage it for several more years.

I'm waiting to see what the media fallout will be on Monday. Will anyone go off the rails or will they just all be numb? Can't wait to see if any of the usual spineless milquetoast broadcasters will find a way to go to bat for Bergevin.

Reactions: NoQuinn

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I'm pretty sure Tony will go off the rails lol.... even Melnyk has been fired up lately, I can see him having a Monday meltdown...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure Tony will go off the rails lol.... even Melnyk has been fired up lately, I can see him having a Monday meltdown...

I'm thinking Melnick won't mince words -- he's been through the Habs's best years and he doesn't have a tolerance for this kind of mediocrity. As for Tony -- that's right in his wheelhouse. He's going to milk it til kingdom come. Although, not convinced he'll call for Bergevin's resignation -- he seems to have become quite fond of Bergevin ever since they met in studio last year.

Tony, take off your fan hat and do the right thing -- call Bergevin out for the incompetent GM that he is. Call for his resignation. Do your goddamn job and don't cut to soccer 2 minutes into the show.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I'm thinking Melnick won't mince words -- he's been through the Habs's best years and he doesn't have a tolerance for this kind of mediocrity. As for Tony -- that's right in his wheelhouse. He's going to milk it til kingdom come. Although, not convinced he'll call for Bergevin's resignation -- he seems to have become quite fond of Bergevin ever since they met in studio last year.

Tony, take off your fan hat and do the right thing -- call Bergevin out for the incompetent GM that he is. Call for his resignation. Do your goddamn job and don't cut to soccer 2 minutes into the show.

Dude Bergevin resignation wont change much.

When you have an owner whi agrees to trade Subban, you know prioritys are not the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->