TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Well said , sorry to burst many Habs fans bubble, including myself, lol.... but in a world context , Italy missing the wc is way more important then the niemi piack up...

Reactions: 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
if you don't like him talking about soccer a good idea is to not listen

No one media figure is going to be universally supported. One weighs the good with the bad.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I prefer Tony's soccer takes to his hockey takes to be honest. It helps that I'm a soccer fan, but I don't find he has much to say of value when it comes to hockey and his guests are not up to the standards of the Morning Show or Melnick's show. He gets good guests and has some pretty intelligent discussion when it comes to soccer, both the pro game and the development of players in Canada. After the whole PK thing, I don't really trust what he has to say about hockey although be may be getting fed stuff from management. We'll see if Max gets traded before next season, that seems to be his big thing at the moment.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Yup. It's pretty funny actually...... nuckles is blaming.....Bergy......... It's about damned time.

Reactions: sheed36

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Marinaro was on fire this morning, good for him, hope he goes back to ripping the Habs the way he did 2 years ago
Franchise is becoming such a joke

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Seems Nilan's constant crapping on Galchenyuk for his defensive play as rubbed off on his good buddy Sean Campbell as well now. Melnick pretty much said Galchenyuk looked like the best Habs forward last night and Campbell piped up that he was a disaster in his own end.

What I don't get is why does Nilan and now Campbell and others like crapping on Galchenyuk for his poor defensive play but never seem to bring up Drouin's poor defensive play in his own end. Why is it always Galchenyuk that gets singled out for an entire team that looks terrible defensively. I'm really gonna have to stop listening to everything on TSN690 other than Melnicks show.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Seems Nilan's constant crapping on Galchenyuk for his defensive play as rubbed off on his good buddy Sean Campbell as well now. Melnick pretty much said Galchenyuk looked like the best Habs forward last night and Campbell piped up that he was a disaster in his own end.

What I don't get is why does Nilan and now Campbell and others like crapping on Galchenyuk for his poor defensive play but never seem to bring up Drouin's poor defensive play in his own end. Why is it always Galchenyuk that gets singled out for an entire team that looks terrible defensively. I'm really gonna have to stop listening to everything on TSN690 other than Melnicks show.

Galchenyuk was not the best player forward last night, by far the best one was Gallagher and probably Hudon after
However that being said, he was far from terrible and to be honest I noticed Galchenyuk a lot more than Drouin in the offensive zone last night, and had seats in the offensive zone 2 of the 3 periods.
Galchenyuk is really NOT the problem on this team the way the media makes it out to be. This teams lacks talent, 2-3 players at leats

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Galchenyuk was not the best player forward last night, by far the best one was Gallagher and probably Hudon after
However that being said, he was far from terrible and to be honest I noticed Galchenyuk a lot more than Drouin in the offensive zone last night, and had seats in the offensive zone 2 of the 3 periods.
Galchenyuk is really NOT the problem on this team the way the media makes it out to be. This teams lacks talent, 2-3 players at leats

I think Melnick meant one of the better Habs forwards last night. I agree with the rest of your post. Galchenyuk is just the scapegoat for everything wrong it seems and gets singled out way too much when others are just as bad or even worse. Operation lets get another good young player in Galchenyuk driven out of town by the media is well on it's way. :( Dumb-asses.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I think Melnick meant one of the better Habs forwards last night. I agree with the rest of your post. Galchenyuk is just the scapegoat for everything wrong it seems and gets singled out way too much when others are just as bad or even worse. Operation lets get another good young player in Galchenyuk driven out of town by the media is well on it's way. :( Dumb-asses.

Melnyk seems to be the only free thinker there lol. Everyone else seems to be puppets of the franchise but Melnyk keeps it real. He did the same thing with PK while the Habs and the rest of the media ran him out of town with their BS.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As a visual learner.....i didn't appreciate that....

The things you have to unhear and unsee in life, lol. When Marinaro blurted that out, he was called on it by a perplexed Melnick, it's like he heard something from space. Tony then appeared to be scrambling, which added an extra comedic layer.

Reactions: NoQuinn and sheed36

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

We have a long tradition of love/hate relationships with players of Russian decent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We have a long tradition of love/hate relationships with players of Russian decent.

And a propensity for easy branding. This market probably coined the term "enigmatic Russian" and then liberally applied it to every Russian player until proven otherwise. Vladimir Malakhov and Andrei Kostitsyn are the two that come to mind as setting and reinforcing the perception. I don't know that local media has done enough to help eradicate the label.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
And a propensity for easy branding. This market probably coined the term "enigmatic Russian" and then liberally applied it to every Russian player until proven otherwise. Vladimir Malakhov and Andrei Kostitsyn are the two that come to mind as setting and reinforcing the perception. I don't know that local media has done enough to help eradicate the label.

Don't forget the "lazy" Alex Kovalev, that only showed up 1 every 5 games :sarcasm:.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't forget the "lazy" Alex Kovalev, that only showed up 1 every 5 games :sarcasm:.

Except that the fans forgave Kovalev cause he had style, charm and looks. Cause you know, fans can't be fooled, nor can they be shallow.

Fans ultimately get the players they deserve.

And the media types they inherit.

Demand more if you want more than your bland Campbell, Nilan, Gallo types.

Reactions: groovejuice

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Except that the fans forgave Kovalev cause he had style, charm and looks. Cause you know, fans can't be fooled, nor can they be shallow.

Fans ultimately get the players they deserve.

And the media types they inherit.

Demand more if you want more than your bland Campbell, Nilan, Gallo types.

Makes sense, if only Radulov got those dental implants he'd be a Hab today.:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Which is hilarious, because Markov was probably the hardest working Hab on the roster for over a decade.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Which is hilarious, because Markov was probably the hardest working Hab on the roster for over a decade.

Which is why I mentioned "unless proven otherwise". It's a mistaken perception, you need to evaluate every player on their own merits and not have a preconceived opinion before you can actually ascertain what the player is actually about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad