TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Who cares...he is a journalist employed by a company that has a contractual relationship with the Habs. Why are you wasting your time (and ours) creating a forum thread about this? Are you just discovering the concept of a "business relationship".

Reactions: snakeye and tazsub3

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Who cares...he is a journalist employed by a company that has a contractual relationship with the Habs. Why are you wasting your time (and ours) creating a forum thread about this? Are you just discovering the concept of a "business relationship".

Stop. You are trying to get into a thing with me that doesn't exist. We don't have a history.

Argue with his opinions (Lavoie) because that is what this thread is about.

You want to stop people from discussing hockey and the habs on a hockey discussion board?

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I heard myself this year lavoie on the radio pumping mete’s tires so you would think he was the second coming. He was grasping at straws just to come up with something positive to say. He is the definition of shill

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The worst I ever saw was when Lavoie was arguing with Mario Dumont defending the end of the year presser after this disastrous season. Also I love how when Lavoie interviews english players, ends up translating it to french and it's not at all what the player said lol.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
He’s the biggest joke in the industry that’s why. His nose has been permanently dyed brown after years of sniffing MT’s loud farts directly at the source, he’s just continuing his job with Bergevin.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Why do you automatically assume the draft selection will need to be defended ? Can't it be a good selection ? Can't wait to see you crap on the selection regardless of who it is.

I think they’ll make good on whoever they take at #3. Im worried about a lot of things, and although they can screw it up, i’m still going to give whoever they pick the opportunity to develop before I make an informed opinion on whoever it is.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
How could the OP create a thread on a hockey forum about hockey topics during the summer when there is no NHL hockey being played. How dare he!

EDIT: respectfully I don't like discouraging new threads. Or I can just flip repteadly flip through the trade thread, draft thread and Mb thread

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Just about any journalist is employed one way or another by someone that one way or another has relationships in the arena where the journalist will work. Does not mean they have to be brown-nosers but some do do that and seemingly gain favour in montreal (maybe elsewhere too but it's not helpful re mgmt accountability for team performance). Anyway reporting is a spectrum and Lavoie is more toward propagandist than journalist imho. Qc is interesting because where people are unilingual, which is outside Montreal, they are more dependent on and so can be more efficiently influenced by Qc media. It's where these such guys resonate.

Reactions: Pickles

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Listened to Tsalikis yesterday argue (still) that trading a Franchise potential D-man (Sergachev) for a 2nd line winger (Drouin) was still a good deal. How come TSN hires people that have the intellectual capacity of a drunk at a bar talking trash on their station?

Probably all they can afford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad