TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
It's no secret the man loves his food since he always tells everyone this. Even the other guys at TSN690 sometimes have a chuckle at Tony's expense when someone brings food into the studio or when they all go out to eat together.

Just keep the discussion civil and about something he says on air and there should be no problems here I don't think.

They all love food and they all talk about food. The boring morning guys, then Tony...

BTW, sorry to say but Melnicks show might annoy me the most just on account that this is when Gallo is usually on. For some reason Melnick hypes the shit out of that guy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They all love food and they all talk about food. The boring morning guys, then Tony...

BTW, sorry to say but Melnicks show might annoy me the most just on account that this is when Gallo is usually on. For some reason Melnick hypes the **** out of that guy.

I can't figure for the life of me, what the big deal with Gallo is. He's so goddamn pretentious and hollow.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys sure love listening and talking about something you so obviously hate. :laugh:

We're in that zone where there have been no Hab trade news and where the draft is not yet upon us.

And yes, we notice every little thing. :laugh:

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Campbell, Gallo aka pillow boy and Tsalikis are all arrogant, condescending asshats. Isn't Gallo a Laffs fan anyway? I take little what Gallo and Campbell say seriously.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Campbell, Gallo aka pillow boy and Tsalikis are all arrogant, condescending asshats. Isn't Gallo a Laffs fan anyway? I take little what Gallo and Campbell say seriously.

I'm sure that even they realize that what comes out of their pieholes is pure garbage. But they do it anyway cause they don't know any better and the people that pay them, know even less, apparently.

Reactions: Pickles

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ah yes ... made the mistake of tuning in to 690 right now.

Welcome to the Soccer and Food Show. "Soccer, the greatest sport in the world. Kind of happy Italy is not in the world cup."

"I believe Italy is stuck in the times, they're 20 years behind."

"I'm kind of happy that Italy is not there. All based on political decisions, then you get what you deserve."

"Pee-cause, it's a wake-up call for everyone. Pee-cause ..."

"My friend Italo ..." followed by a reference to food.

We're on track, both main topics are being covered.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Friday scrum is pretty good today. Just talked the Habs draft and the majority like Zadina @ 3. Marinaro is intrigued by Wahlstrom. They're gonna talk about the Habs NHL roster next.

Edit: Also Marinaro wants anyone but Tkachuk which will make many happy here.

I just tuned in expecting more soccer and food talk and a hockey discussion broke out. :sarcasm:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Friday scrum is pretty good today. Just talked the Habs draft and the majority like Zadina @ 3. Marinaro is intrigued by Wahlstrom. They're gonna talk about the Habs NHL roster next.

Edit: Also Marinaro wants anyone but Tkachuk which will make many happy here.
Maguire was on there yesterday and wanted us to sign Like Schenn.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lets hear what Pierre thinks of the Galchenyuk/Domi trade. I'm expecting Pierre to be gushing all over Domi and I'll soon find out. :)

Edit.. Pierre hasn't really gushed over Domi yet anyhow. Said he hopes the Habs won't consider playing him a center because they will be disappointed.

Pierre seems more ticked off that the Habs drafted Galchenyuk 3rd overall as a center and yet never really gave him much of a shot there. Melnick called it a lack of development from the Habs for Galchenyuk and that the team valued DD higher as a center than they did Galchenyuk. Melnick doesn't seem impressed with the trade.

Nilan who's filling in this week on Melnick's show of course was still stuck on Galchenyuk's poor defense from the center position which he's been harping on since forever. What about the offensive part of his game Knuckles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The Jeff Blair Show today (June 18th)

45:16 into this podcast

Defends the PK Subban trade, the Drouin trade, trading Lars Eller to make room for Shaw, and the recent Domi / Galchenyuk trade. Says that Domi needs to be on a team in a market where hockey is more important.

"not a bad trade" on all fronts.

Re: Drouin - implied that another deal was in place that fell through (involving a center). that Drouin played C as a necessity.

He would do the the Lars Eller trade again if he had to do it over

On and on.

Non-stop damage control.

I can't believe he was like this? is he going to lose his job if he speaks honestly about the state of this team?

Good luck Renaud Lavoie. I can't wait to see how he defends the draft selection and July 1st.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Why do you automatically assume the draft selection will need to be defended ? Can't it be a good selection ? Can't wait to see you crap on the selection regardless of who it is.

Reactions: HBDay and dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad