Trying to watch MLB games over PC - 4K TV

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Anyone in the forum here watch MLB baseball games over their computer? If so - do you do so on a 4K tv? I got my dad signed up so he can watch games - however, when the computer is running at 4k, as soon as the game is full screened, it goes off center, with a black bar on the left of the screen, and part of the feed can't be seen, because it's too far to the right on the screen. When I lower the resolution to 1080p, it works fine. It would be nice to not have to keep switching resolutions - any ideas?

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
App or underscan/overscan issue?

Could be something too, if you're running Windows at 200% DPI to keep the desktop from being teeny tiny, but then some apps just can't deal with high DPI's because they aren't programmed for it, although the Windows metro apps should scale fine.

Are you also running multiple monitors by any chance? I've had Windows throw windows off kilter sometimes as well, since once one program goes full screen, it can't tell where one desktop ends or begins if I have other windowed programs on other monitors.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Just a single screen, and I haven't changed the DPI settings, I still have teeny tiny icons.

This was through Chrome, and through Microsoft Edge. As far as I could tell, the computer display was still positioned properly - ie, I could mouse over the black bar on the left, and didn't seem to be able to mouse past the border of the screen on the right.

I did try the Windows 8 app that MLB recommends (although the computer is on Windows 10) - and while it let me sign in, it wouldn't let me run any feeds through the app... saying something along the lines of the account not being authorized to do feeds - but the feeds do work over the browsers, so long as the screen is set to 1080p.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Anyone else have any other ideas? I might just have to keep switching the display back and forth between 4k and 1080p, but it would be nice to not have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad