Tryamkin's Top 217 December 2019 Draft Rankings

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Thanks for the list.

One name that I haven't seen in any list is Brayden Tracey, and I've personally liked the little that I've seen of him. Was just wondering if you have seen him play, and what do you think of him?
Honestly haven't seen too much Moose Jaw. Stats look good and he impressed me on a recent viewing, forgot to watch again or include. Will watch more this month.

Reactions: Tuntrui

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I think this is the only list I've seen with Kakko #1. Curious to know but what persuaded you to place him ahead of Hughes? Kakko certainly has the potential for greatness. Looking at Rantanen today and reminding myself what he looked like in the draft year playing in the same jersey, the difference isn't night and day, but it's pretty transparent nonetheless. Kakko has had the superior performance in comparison, so obviously the scouts have to take that into consideration (even though development isn't linear). Rantanen turned out like a #1 OA level player (of course not referring to 2015 draft or going ahead of McDavid). Kind of crazy he fell so hard even despite it being such a deep draft.

I suppose the WJC will share more light about these two and where exactly Kakko and Hughes are compared to one another. Generally speaking it's the post season that makes the difference and that added with the WJC performance will dictate the eventual rankings. Luckily the season has basically just begun and we have so much more hockey to be played!

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I think this is the only list I've seen with Kakko #1. Curious to know but what persuaded you to place him ahead of Hughes? Kakko certainly has the potential for greatness. Looking at Rantanen today and reminding myself what he looked like in the draft year playing in the same jersey, the difference isn't night and day, but it's pretty transparent nonetheless. Kakko has had the superior performance in comparison, so obviously the scouts have to take that into consideration (even though development isn't linear). Rantanen turned out like a #1 OA level player (of course not referring to 2015 draft or going ahead of McDavid). Kind of crazy he fell so hard even despite it being such a deep draft.

I suppose the WJC will share more light about these two and where exactly Kakko and Hughes are compared to one another. Generally speaking it's the post season that makes the difference and that added with the WJC performance will dictate the eventual rankings. Luckily the season has basically just begun and we have so much more hockey to be played!
I agree, it’s still early (I actually had Kakko number one last month as well) but Kakko has dominated in the way where very few can keep up, even in history, and he’s also playing center which really makes him such a versatile forward. We’ll get a better look at the WJC though as you mentioned. Right no I suspect Kakko is just more NHL ready.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I think Parent could be a bit higher in future months. Despite his size hes playing on Halifax's first line with Antoine Morand and Raphael Lavoie. Lavoie is good where he is as of now but hes been lacking points lately so he could drop a bit more because players like Jakob Pelletier are doing way better at the moment. Marcel Barinka should stay where he is hes doing great. His line is a bit messed with players out hurt but once everything is back on point he should be doing great. Just an update on my Halifax players. Great List!

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I think Parent could be a bit higher in future months. Despite his size hes playing on Halifax's first line with Antoine Morand and Raphael Lavoie. Lavoie is good where he is as of now but hes been lacking points lately so he could drop a bit more because players like Jakob Pelletier are doing way better at the moment. Marcel Barinka should stay where he is hes doing great. His line is a bit messed with players out hurt but once everything is back on point he should be doing great. Just an update on my Halifax players. Great List!

Pelletier?

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Have you had any chances to see Ethan Phillips so far this season? He started the year at Selecte Academy but has since left there and is playing for Sioux Falls in the USHL. He’s a smaller guy, committed to Boston University... 15 points in 10 games since joining the Stampede. I think he’s worthy of a draft pick, I really like the kid. I see a lot of potential in his game.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Im always curious when I see a massive list like this. What's the number of games you've watched all of these guys? Are most of these guys listed after just a small handful of views or did you spend numerous games breaking down tape on all of them?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Im always curious when I see a massive list like this. What's the number of games you've watched all of these guys? Are most of these guys listed after just a small handful of views or did you spend numerous games breaking down tape on all of them?
Well, obviously the higher they are in the list, the more games and views I’ve had. I try to watch a game of every CHL team or at least a good chunk and disperse from there, reaching the SuperElit, MHL, Jr A, Czech 2, as well as the top and second division men’s league teams for the notable players. If someone isn’t on my list that should be, I’m usually told in a comment, and then I will go watch them for next month or re-evaluate. The top ten has the greatest amount of views, and the WHL players will get some live views based off of where I am. Most players outside the top two rounds have only one or two views depending on the team. Obviously some players will have more views with a team that shares a team with a high ranked player. I try to watch all games through full streams. Highlights aren’t very accurate in my opinion, but some players with harder access games require it.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Well, obviously the higher they are in the list, the more games and views I’ve had. I try to watch a game of every CHL team or at least a good chunk and disperse from there, reaching the SuperElit, MHL, Jr A, Czech 2, as well as the top and second division men’s league teams for the notable players. If someone isn’t on my list that should be, I’m usually told in a comment, and then I will go watch them for next month or re-evaluate. The top ten has the greatest amount of views, and the WHL players will get some live views based off of where I am. Most players outside the top two rounds have only one or two views depending on the team. Obviously some players will have more views with a team that shares a team with a high ranked player. I try to watch all games through full streams. Highlights aren’t very accurate in my opinion, but some players with harder access games require it.
Get paid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad