Tryamkin's Top 100 2018 August Rankings

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
Few thoughts on some kids who've played in Ontario:

Both Samuelsson's need to be much higher. 1st round potential and Mattias is a player who'll get Top 10 consideration.

McShane is too low.

Hayton is criminally low. First round candidate.

Bahl is a player who should be in the Top 30-40.

No Tyler Weiss being mentioned anywhere. He is a player I could see a lot of people looking silly for not including him...especially in the Top 100. For me, he's in first round discussion and a candidate for second round (similar skill set to Jordan Kyrou)

Still think Ryan McLeod gets too much hype. More comfortable with him in the 20-30 range to start the season. Akil Thomas is a better prospect and is not getting the recognition he deserves.

Based on these rankings of Ontario skaters, I am guessing the OP doesn't watch much Ontario action.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Both Samuelsson's need to be much higher. 1st round potential and Mattias is a player who'll get Top 10 consideration.

Adam is not a top 2 round player, maybe mid rounds.

Mattias is good, but I also am not sure he'll be any more than one of these pure defensive types, so I think top 10 consideration is too high, late 1st-early 2nd.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Few thoughts on some kids who've played in Ontario:

McShane is too low.

Hayton is criminally low. First round candidate.

Bahl is a player who should be in the Top 30-40.

No Tyler Weiss being mentioned anywhere. He is a player I could see a lot of people looking silly for not including him...especially in the Top 100. For me, he's in first round discussion and a candidate for second round (similar skill set to Jordan Kyrou)

Still think Ryan McLeod gets too much hype. More comfortable with him in the 20-30 range to start the season. Akil Thomas is a better prospect and is not getting the recognition he deserves.

Based on these rankings of Ontario skaters, I am guessing the OP doesn't watch much Ontario action.
As I've said, I've only had one viewing of most of these guys. People from specific regions will have a better perception as seeing 100+ prospects play this early all the time is hard to do and track.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I think I had him in the 11-15 range on my last list. Top 10 isn't so ridiculous, way less ridiculous than some having Wahlstrom top 10.

I have always agreed with your input on things Buch. I think a bounce back season could really spring Wise, but as of right now I still have him 15-20. Wahlstrom wont sniff the top 10, good player though and with a good season should see his name called in the late 1st

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Don't want to criticize a list this early, but just to put my input into this list. A few things I noticed, Jett Woo would be higher on my list. He's a player scouts will fall in love with IMO, his playing style is transfers easier to the NHL than most other prospects. He's got really good character not to mention he checks all the boxes for a defenceman that will succeed in the NHL. Hockey sense, size, skating, and physicality. He'll be similar to Charlie MacAvoy IMO. I'd have him higher than Boqvist and Smith, Jett Woo never finds himself in a tough situation in a game.

I'd have Sandin a little higher as well, much better than Ginning IMO. Olofsson and Lauko are probably first rounders, Khovanov, Levin, MacDonald, Wilde, Zadina, Dellandrea are overrated IMO. No Carl Wassenius either, I think he's better than Back, Gustaffsson.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Don't want to criticize a list this early, but just to put my input into this list. A few things I noticed, Jett Woo would be higher on my list. He's a player scouts will fall in love with IMO, his playing style is transfers easier to the NHL than most other prospects. He's got really good character not to mention he checks all the boxes for a defenceman that will succeed in the NHL. Hockey sense, size, skating, and physicality. He'll be similar to Charlie MacAvoy IMO. I'd have him higher than Boqvist and Smith, Jett Woo never finds himself in a tough situation in a game.

I'd have Sandin a little higher as well, much better than Ginning IMO. Olofsson and Lauko are probably first rounders, Khovanov, Levin, MacDonald, Wilde, Zadina, Dellandrea are overrated IMO. No Carl Wassenius either, I think he's better than Back, Gustaffsson.

Huh?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Ginning surprised me at the Hlinka tournament, huge improvement from the U18 WC this spring. I can see now why some people think he's a 1st rounder, he's not perfect but there is clearly some upside there. Sandin is a player I can't picture playing in the NHL unless he improves his skating by a lot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agree about Ginning vs. Sandin. Sandin might be the player that will score better on the corsi charts, but Ginning has a more realistic chance of being a regular NHL defenseman. Neither are great though, this is not a choice between Dahlin and Boqvist.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Two things pop out to me at first glance:
1. Khovanov so low.
2. Bouchard 25 spots ahead of Dobson, who I think not only is better now but has much more potential, and could be a first round pick.

Bouchard should very well be ahead of Dobson. Maybe not 25 spots ahead but he's certainly better right now, why do you think Dobson has more potential?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

Jett Woo is a very defensive defenseman. Don't get the McAvoy comparison who is way more offensive. Woo looks like a Vlasic lite to me. Zadina shouldn't be 3 now, but I can almost guarantee that he'll be around there by the end of the year. He's gonna explode. Olafsson and Lauko aren't 1sts out of what I've watched yet, which hasn't been much as I've said many times. Don't agree on Sandin over Ginning. Haven't seen Wassenius yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->