Tryamkin's Offseason Top 100 NHL Affiliated Prospects Ranking

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Try--thanks for posting. Your hard work is appreciated. Really close calls--for instance I can see arguments for all 11-24 being slightly higher of lower. From a potential v. likelihood comparison it is a group that has interesting contrasts.

As a Carolina fan, I hope others can see why we are excited. Two in top seven (yeah, Buffalo has us beat), three in top 50, six on list.
Yeah, Carolina has some really, really freaking good prospects. Sadly, it won't be long until these are NHLers. Necas and Svechnikov are going to be fire in the NHL. Adding a 1C and a franchise winger in two years, thats rebuilding. I wish the Habs get Kakko so we get something similar .

Reactions: hitchhiker42

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Berggren, Veleno and especially Svechnikov above Hronek is kinda ridiculous from a Wings perspective. Can’t comment too much about ranks relative to other teams prospects but Svechnikov should probably not be top 100 and Hronek much higher.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Quick question. How could a player like Phillipe Myers be ranked 40 spots higher than a player like Sami Niku, who is the same age and same position and played in the same league....and just won AHL defenceman if the year? Also...no Mason Appleton who just won AHL rookie of the year and was 4th in scoring, doesn't make the list? Is this mostly based on draft position?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for the list.

As a Tampa fan I have a question about Stephens, you have him ranked above Cirelli on this list and Mathiue Joseph or Alex Volkov two other good AHL rookies last year. What do you see in him over those guys? I like his floor and think he's got a good bottom 6 future I just see less upside in him than those guys.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Nice list. I think Denisenko is going to surprise alot of folks. I think highly of him.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wahlstrom so low below guys like Merkley, Nylander, Katchouk when you had him ranked #5 in the draft??

Pionk should be much higher though. I like the draft rankings but don’t really agree with this list too much. To each his own though

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Quick question. How could a player like Phillipe Myers be ranked 40 spots higher than a player like Sami Niku, who is the same age and same position and played in the same league....and just won AHL defenceman if the year? Also...no Mason Appleton who just won AHL rookie of the year and was 4th in scoring, doesn't make the list? Is this mostly based on draft position?
Considering Myers was undrafted, it doesn't seem based on draft position.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Nice list as usual, was just looking at your March list the other day. Curious as to why Mascherin fell from 63 to off the list. Seems like he had a very good playoffs. Just curious.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Great list! Just a quick question, would you be able to make a list of 10-20 honorable mentions?
For sure, these were the players in my shortlist of HM's

RW Vitali Abramov
C Mason Appleton
C Liam Foudy
C Alexis Saarela
D Yegor Rykov
D Libor Hajek
D Lucas Johansen
D Vladislav Gavrikov
C Alexander Texier
C Janne Kuokkonen
LW Adam Mascherin
LW Julien Gauthier
D Sebastian Aho
LW Michael Dal Colle
LW Jordan Greenway
C Joshua Norris
D Jakub Zboril
LW Maxime Comtois
D Alexander Alexeyev
D Rasmus Sandin
D Bode Wilde
D Calen Addison
D Caleb Jones
D Dylan Samberg
C German Rubstov
LW Tyler Benson
LW Jason Robertson
C Jaret Anderson-Dolan
LW Alex Volkov
LW Carl Grundstrom
C/RW Akil Thomas
D Nicholas Meloche
RW Mathieu Joseph
D Villi Saarijarvi
LW Trent Frederic
C Jeremy Bracco

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Really I guess it just comes down to my own hunch/opinion. Niku should be higher on the list, and Myers a bit lower, but I feel that Myers has a higher potential and will translate easier to the NHL. Appleton was in my HM's, a good player with great production. I don't just factor in stats, I also look at "bust factor", NHL readiness, etc.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Thanks for the list.

As a Tampa fan I have a question about Stephens, you have him ranked above Cirelli on this list and Mathiue Joseph or Alex Volkov two other good AHL rookies last year. What do you see in him over those guys? I like his floor and think he's got a good bottom 6 future I just see less upside in him than those guys.
Just personal preference / potential I guess. I think Cirelli and Stephens will do a little better in the NHL than the other two, however all 4 have been great and Tampa has a fantastic core of prospects to back up the current wave.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Nice list as usual, was just looking at your March list the other day. Curious as to why Mascherin fell from 63 to off the list. Seems like he had a very good playoffs. Just curious.
Thanks! I had to add in the 2018 draftees, so most players dropped, not all because of something they did. I think it was partly that and partly a small overvaluing by myself.

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014

RW Vitali Abramov
C Mason Appleton
C Liam Foudy
C Alexis Saarela
D Yegor Rykov
D Libor Hajek
D Lucas Johansen
D Vladislav Gavrikov
C Alexander Texier
C Janne Kuokkonen
LW Adam Mascherin
LW Julien Gauthier
D Sebastian Aho
LW Michael Dal Colle
LW Jordan Greenway
C Joshua Norris
D Jakub Zboril
LW Maxime Comtois
D Alexander Alexeyev
D Rasmus Sandin
D Bode Wilde
D Calen Addison
D Caleb Jones
D Dylan Samberg
C German Rubstov
LW Tyler Benson
LW Jason Robertson
C Jaret Anderson-Dolan
LW Alex Volkov
LW Carl Grundstrom
C/RW Akil Thomas
D Nicholas Meloche
RW Mathieu Joseph
D Villi Saarijarvi
LW Trent Frederic
C Jeremy Bracco

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016

RW Vitali Abramov
C Mason Appleton
C Liam Foudy
C Alexis Saarela
D Yegor Rykov
D Libor Hajek
D Lucas Johansen
D Vladislav Gavrikov
C Alexander Texier
C Janne Kuokkonen
LW Adam Mascherin
LW Julien Gauthier
D Sebastian Aho
LW Michael Dal Colle
LW Jordan Greenway
C Joshua Norris
D Jakub Zboril
LW Maxime Comtois
D Alexander Alexeyev
D Rasmus Sandin
D Bode Wilde
D Calen Addison
D Caleb Jones
D Dylan Samberg
C German Rubstov
LW Tyler Benson
LW Jason Robertson
C Jaret Anderson-Dolan
LW Alex Volkov
LW Carl Grundstrom
C/RW Akil Thomas
D Nicholas Meloche
RW Mathieu Joseph
D Villi Saarijarvi
LW Trent Frederic
C Jeremy Bracco

Hate to be the nitpicking homer here, but Wade Allison to this point is a much better prospect than German Rubtsov

Reactions: Fantomas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad