Player Discussion Tryamkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Tryamkin is slightly better than oscar fantenberg I don't get what the excitement is about. Hope a team that likes his size is willing to give up something of value for him maybe a puljujarvi?
Poolparty? No thanks. Guy has zero value to us. Much rather have the big Tree on our blue line, than an ultra soft (and IMO dumb) winger. As you can tell, I’m not a fan of Poolparty’s game.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Tryamkin is slightly better than oscar fantenberg I don't get what the excitement is about.

What would be wrong with adding a slightly better Oscar Fantenberg to the roster? Tryamkin was one of the lone bright spots on the 16-17 roster, so of course we'd be happy to have him back. Just because he won't have a Quinn Hughes impact on the team doesn't mean he won't be a positive addition to the roster.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Poolparty? No thanks. Guy has zero value to us. Much rather have the big Tree on our blue line, than an ultra soft (and IMO dumb) winger. As you can tell, I’m not a fan of Poolparty’s game.

Fair enough he does have huge bust factor and at least Try showed he can be a depth guy at the NHL level

What would be wrong with adding a slightly better Oscar Fantenberg to the roster? Tryamkin was one of the lone bright spots on the 16-17 roster, so of course we'd be happy to have him back. Just because he won't have a Quinn Hughes impact on the team doesn't mean he won't be a positive addition to the roster.

Nothing wrong with adding him just don't get the hype. He'll be a guy who comes in a performs for how much he gets paid. Not a guy who moves the needle or changes the complexion of the team.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007

But at what cap hit and term?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sounds like it’s all but guaranteed he’s coming back.
Yep....Todd Diamond, Tryamkin's agent seems to be doing a full-court press with the media. Sounds to me like a three year deal of $2m - $3m a season would probably get it done. Obviously he's anxious to return, and given the uncertainty in the KHL, who can blame him?

Puts Jimbo on the horns of a dilemma though. If they sign Tryamkin, it's doubtful they qualify Setcher and it's always been dicey that they could ever fit in a raise for Tanev.

I guess the can only hope that if indeed the 2019-20 season is done, that come sort of cap relief in terms of compliance buy-outs will ease the situation.

Really hope they can get it done....Imagine Tryamkin at 6'8" and 250 paired with Myers--the 'twin towers' are back!

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I like Tryamkin, I think that size and ability to clear the front of the net and separate players from the puck are great, I’d love to have that on the Canucks defence. I’m sceptical he’ll be much more than no. 5 d-man who can maybe stay afloat with a top tier d-man in a more prominent role if necessary. But those attributes are great to have in that role, especially when we play some of the bigger teams that like to bully and cycle down low. His skating is “good for his size”, he’s not got much offence and I’m not convinced he can process the game at a high enough level to take that next step in the NHL. So I’m looking forward to him signing and bringing a bit of physical presence, and if he exceeds my expectations it’s all gravy to me.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Really hope they can get it done....Imagine Tryamkin at 6'8" and 250 paired with Myers--the 'twin towers' are back!
It would be a little ridiculous. Theoretically they could cover most of the defensive zone passing lanes with good stick work. But I worry a bit about their combined Hockey IQ.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It would be a little ridiculous. Theoretically they could cover most of the defensive zone passing lanes with good stick work. But I worry a bit about their combined Hockey IQ.
With all due respect, Myers finished the year as a #5 d-man paired with Fantenberg....nothing against Oscar, but surely you're not saying he's a better option than Tryamkin, or has a 'higher hockey IQ'?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yep....Todd Diamond, Tryamkin's agent seems to be doing a full-court press with the media. Sounds to me like a three year deal of $2m - $3m a season would probably get it done. Obviously he's anxious to return, and given the uncertainty in the KHL, who can blame him?

I don't see Benning offering Tryamkin a 3 year deal at $2M to $3M a season My guess is that it's going to be a 1-2 year deal.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
With all due respect, Myers finished the year as a #5 d-man paired with Fantenberg....nothing against Oscar, but surely you're not saying he's a better option than Tryamkin, or has a 'higher hockey IQ'?
Well, that pairing was terrible especially at the end. Maybe Tryamkin is an improvement. I sure hope so. Fantenberg has a pretty decent season until near the end, I thought.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
According to Ben Kuzma who talked to Tryamkin's agent, Todd Diamond, Diamond and the Canucks have talked and there is interest in bringing Tryamkin back.

It does look like that Tryamkin is very interested in giving the NHL another go.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
$2-3m a year for Tryamkin??? we don't need ANOTHER overpaid bottom pair defensemen on this team, we have very little cap space next season as it is(unless we want all our good FA's to walk) anybody thinking he can replace Tanev is insane frankly

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
People are saying 3m? Please give sources for those numbers, how the hell is he worth that especially in our cap situation.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
His agent can ask for the moon. In reality, he shall get 1~1.5 AAV. If the cap goes down to mid-70s, he will get less than a million aav :popcorn:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Tryamkin plays the right side but Vancouver fans like seeing two tall guys together and call them Twin Towers.

Reactions: David71

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Would all of the people that emphatically stated "He's not coming back" please come clean and admit that you were wrong........

And destroy the narrative that it’s all Benning’s fault for losing a major asset for nothing when he could have done a better job moving Tryamkin to a smoke-free neighbourhood?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
And destroy the narrative that it’s all Benning’s fault for losing a major asset for nothing when he could have done a better job moving Tryamkin to a smoke-free neighbourhood?
He was only a major asset when Benning lost him. Now he's a depth d-man who won't displace Fantenberg.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He was only a major asset when Benning lost him. Now he's a depth d-man who won't displace Fantenberg.

This type of bs goes both ways. He was a top 4 dman, home run draft pick....until he went to Russia, then he became a whiner traitor, useless #7 dman that didn't deserve a spot on this team anyways.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
This type of bs goes both ways. He was a top 4 dman, home run draft pick....until he went to Russia, then he became a whiner traitor, useless #7 dman that didn't deserve a spot on this team anyways.
I agree in general, but in this case I didn't notice that the people who judged him for leaving had any particular opinion about management. It was just reactionaries of every stripe who couldn't understand that having money doesn't absolve you of choosing the course of your life.

Reactions: F A N

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Signing Tryamkin isn't going to cost the Canucks Chris Tanev. He's as good as gone anyway. The best that can probably happen now is that the cap remains flat for next season, whenever that is. And that removes any hope of bringing back Tanev. Heck they'd lose one of either Tofoli and Markstrom. And unless there are any compliance buy-outs, they could lose both of them.

So if Tanev wants a raise on last year's salary, then he's just too expensive for the Canucks to re-sign. And although Stecher is a gamer, he's a RFA and eligible for arbitration and is due a raise from his base of $2.3m.... far too much for what he brings.

No better than 50/50 that they bring back Fantenberg, and I'd be shocked if they can't find a taker for Benn's $2m salary in the final year of his deal.

So the blueline could be wide open for next year, at least at the bottom of the roster.

CambieKev

Scout. Future Considerations, Dobber Prospects.
Aug 26, 2019
Eight-Minute Insights: Nikita Tryamkin - A CambieKev Scouting Video

Nikita Tryamkin deserves an opportunity to prove his worth to the Vancouver Canucks — plain and simple. His previous tenure with the team tantalized observers. His rare combination of size, strength and mobility left Canucks fans in awe of what the then-twenty-two-year-old was capable of becoming. At 6’7’’, 250 lbs, he intimidated opponents like few could, and he obliterated numerous victims with his incredible strength.

Many were shocked, but not surprised when he departed from the Canucks. He believed that he had been misused. He desired more ice time than he received, and so he rejoined his KHL team, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg. Always known to be vocal, he received the team’s “A” as an alternate captain for two seasons before being stripped of the honor this past season. Recently, his agent has been adamant that Tryamkin wants nothing more than to return to the Canucks.

The Vancouver Canucks struggled defensively in 2019-20. They bled scoring opportunities and were often rescued by the MVP-like play of Jacob Markstrom. Although the team’s offensive play has improved significantly since Tryamkin last represented the team, they continue to be inept once the opponent begins to carry the puck back up the ice. The organization would be wise, thus, to explore all of its options, including the enigmatic former prospect.

He was not so polarizing as a player for the team. He offered exactly what he was expected to provide. His physicality overwhelmed some opposition players, and yet he could transition the puck through the neutral zone quite confidently and naturally. He has done the same for his KHL team.

Today, we have an opportunity to look at one of Nikita Tryamkin’s most recent performances: Game 4 of the 2020 KHL Quarterfinals against Sibir Novosibirsk on March 8, 2020.

Read the full article at Nucks Misconduct: Eight-Minute Insights: Nikita Tryamkin - A CambieKev Scouting Video

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad