Tryamkin’s Top 250 2018 March Draft Rankings

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I really like Dobson at 5. I would be happy if the Habs pick him up there. It's hard to evaluate Boqvist because of his playing team this year... but if I remove him from the equation I prefer Dobson to Hughes and Bouchard quite easily. He's still very young and has everything to look for in a first pairing D-man
I agree for sure, very up and down and hard for Boqvist. I almost would’ve preferred if he had stayed a league down and asserted his dominance before being drafted and moving up to the NHL next year. He won’t go pro next year unless some miracle happens. You see the skill, but consistency is so hard to tell. Dobson is the best two way defender in the draft (not including Dahlin). He would be a very good add for Montreal, and may slip a bit.

Reactions: jfhabs

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
veleno should be 5 or 6
one of few centers
complete player
character
vision
smarts
one of the better nhl ready prospects

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
veleno should be 5 or 6
one of few centers
complete player
character
vision
smarts
I’ve said this time and again. Veleno just doesn’t have the goal scoring ability. Sure he could be a good player, but he won’t be an elite one. Maybe a middle six or top 6 center, but teams don’t look for that in a top 5 pick.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I’ve said this time and again. Veleno just doesn’t have the goal scoring ability. Sure he could be a good player, but he won’t be an elite one. Maybe a middle six or top 6 center, but teams don’t look for that in a top 5 pick.

I will take a potential second line center any day of the week especially in a draft that maybe has 2 centers in the top 15 and easily recover with the second pick with abundance of wingers and defencemen in this draft

especially when the whole league is in dire need for top line centers

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I will take a potential second line center any day of the week especially in a draft that maybe has 2 centers in the top 15 and easily recover with the second pick with abundance of wingers and defencemen in this draft

especially when the whole league is in dire need for top line centers
I disagree, but you’re welcome to your own opinion. I think Veleno will be a dissapointing player.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Kase

May 1, 2016
Might not be the correct thread to ask this, but didn't feel like making a separate thread for this and I think some knowledgeable people might be lurking in this thread so..

What is everyone's opinion on Logan Hutsko? He seems to be having pretty decent season in Boston College, but there isn't any talk about him.

If I'm right his last season, when he was already draft eligible, was ruined by injuries, but now his current season seems to be pretty comparable to last year's first rounders like Poehling and Bowers, at least stats wise. From highlights it looks like he has the skating, hands, vision and passing to be a potential NHL'er.

Could he be worth a mid to late pick?

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
veleno should be 5 or 6
one of few centers
complete player
character
vision
smarts
he should be nowhere near the top 5...just isn't skilled enough to be there. he has a lot to prove in the next few years, he is a smart kid that plays the game the right way, just not elite at anything really and will have to change his game around a bit to be successful at the NHL level. He is much closer to 15-20 range than #5.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
he should be nowhere near the top 5...just isn't skilled enough to be there. he has a lot to prove in the next few years, he is a smart kid that plays the game the right way, just not elite at anything really and will have to change his game around a bit to be successful at the NHL level. He is much closer to 15-20 range than #5.

its your opinion
i beleive he will have a much better nhl career than both tkachuk and whalstrom
can play center/wing/pp/pk
can dish the puck like no other except for schvech.
has dominated at every level and is as mention probably top 3 to nhl ready

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
its your opinion
i beleive he will have a much better nhl career than both tkachuk and whalstrom
can play center/wing/pp/pk
can dish the puck like no other except for schvech.
has dominated at every level and is as mention probably top 3 to nhl ready
he hasn't dominated a single season in the Q - where is this domination coming from, when he was 14?

Reactions: Tryamkin

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
he hasn't dominated a single season in the Q - where is this domination coming from, when he was 14?

this coming from a guy who pumps players from the USNDTP non stop

they are just not that good

wahlstrom ahead of svech ? give your head a check

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Well .. Answer the guys question, then make jokes. When did Veleno ever dominate to justify a pick in the top-5?

best player on his team in last years memorial cup

leads team u18 and to gold medal

over + ppg and on par pretty much with zadina ( payed half yr with last place team)

best points for 2000 in the Q

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
best player on his team in last years memorial cup

leads team u18 and to gold medal

over + ppg and on par pretty much with zadina ( payed half yr with last place team)

best points for 2000 in the Q
There was a lot of best players on a lot of teams

I wouldn’t consider that leading, he played decent.

Zadina played better.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There was a lot of best players on a lot of teams

I wouldn’t consider that leading, he played decent.

Zadina played better.

yeah, I dont see the domination he keeps talking about. I like Zadina much better than Veleno and slightly better than Svech.

but what the hell do I know, I have Wahlstrom ahead of Svech....apparently that disallows me to point out facts.

and just for the record, I had Galchenyuk over Yakupov and was laughed pretty heavily for that one...nuff said as of 18' I guess lol!

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Thanks for posting. One player I think will be justifiably picked significantly higher than ranked is Riley Damiani.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad