Tryamkin’s Top 250 2018 March Draft Rankings

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Really for me what it it comes down too for Merkley, is he going to grow up per se? The character issues aren’t good, where there is smoke there’s fire... I’m not on the inside with knowledge of what goes on but you better believe NHL teams will get all the information they need. What if he never grows up and has all the talent in the world but doesn’t do the right things to become a professional. We see it all the time, at some point you just have to buckle down and do what needs to be done. I believe in Merkley’s potential, I like him as a prospect but I can only really evaluate what I see on the ice, so much of a player’s stock is also how they interview and what is said about them behind the scenes. (This goes for every prospect, not just Merkley).

It’s always an interesting thing on draft day when you see guys sliding, is it because they just have 1 more prospect ahead of them on their board or are there things that we aren’t privy too that makes them slide. Sometimes I forget that talent isn’t the only reason to draft a guy, there’s so much more that goes into it off the ice.
Agreed, but sometimes that’s how steals are also formulated, when teams overlook a certain issue.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Oskar Bäck almost 20 spots ahead of David Gustafsson seems very strange to me, care to elaborate?

I like that Olofsson is not too far ahead of Hållander, it is something I agree with. Many lists seem to have Hållander quite far behind Olofsson.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Oskar Bäck almost 20 spots ahead of David Gustafsson seems very strange to me, care to elaborate?

I like that Olofsson is not too far ahead of Hållander, it is something I agree with. Many lists seem to have Hållander quite far behind Olofsson.
I’m not a super big Olofsson fan, and I don’t think he’ll have the impact that others do. Hallander has more potential in my opinion, so he’s pretty close.

I just see so much more potential in Back than I do in Gustafsson, who looks more like more finished product from my viewings. Gustafsson dropped quite a bit in there’s rankings as I didn’t really watch him much this month compared to others.

I could be sleeping on Gustafsson, looking back at his ranking. I’ll watch a few more games this month and try to represent him a bit better next time.

Reactions: Ferros

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I have one question about all the rankings--what about Linus Karlsson. He finished second to Berggren in the SuperElit scoring race--actually had a higher ppg than Bokk or Albin Eriksson who is seen as a 2nd/3rd. Karlsson also played 11 games in SHL and was more than a point-per-game scorer in lower level adult league last season. Yet I have not seen his name on any lists.

I understand that scoring is not the most important measure, but it usually implies at least a level of competency. Any comments on Linus Karlsson?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I have one question about all the rankings--what about Linus Karlsson. He finished second to Berggren in the SuperElit scoring race--actually had a higher ppg than Bokk or Albin Eriksson who is seen as a 2nd/3rd. Karlsson also played 11 games in SHL and was more than a point-per-game scorer in lower level adult league last season. Yet I have not seen his name on any lists.

I understand that scoring is not the most important measure, but it usually implies at least a level of competency. Any comments on Linus Karlsson?
He does have very good stats, I’m impressed. Have not watched any of him play at all. He plays on one of the worst teams in the league / least noticible teams, so I haven’t watched any games. I will For next month and include him, thanks!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If Dallas misses the playoffs or gets bounced quickly I'd love for one of Kotkaniemi, Bokk, or Veleno slide to us. Great list btw

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
The top-10 picks looks so good this year, will be interesting to see who falls out and who's picked ahead of the 10 you've listed.

There will be many great defensemen coming out of this draft.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Really good ranking, doing a full 250 and watching them all is very impressive. Like to see someone making there own calls on prospects(Bokk, Addison) and not just going with consensus too.

With Addison are you comfortable with his traits being dynamic enough to transfer over to the NHL as a big offensive guy? Love his smarts but I think his skating and shot aren't elite.

Also wondering why you have Kravtsov where you do. I know it is close to the consensus on where he is, but watching him he has a lot of standout skills, and production wise he's proven a ton. Don't think he's just an early developer either as he's still got a pretty lanky frame and is a very young 99.
What do you mean with that ?

If he was born september 2000, I could understand.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I really like Dobson at 5. I would be happy if the Habs pick him up there. It's hard to evaluate Boqvist because of his playing team this year... but if I remove him from the equation I prefer Dobson to Hughes and Bouchard quite easily. He's still very young and has everything to look for in a first pairing D-man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad