Line Combos: Try Randall with Krejci and Eriksson (Mod Warning post 31)

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
In light of the injury to Pastrnak , Krecji needs a natural right shooting winger. I see Randall in that postion. Hard working such as Weise for the Habs. Line should be as follows with injuries to kelly and pastrnak

Eriksson- Krecji- Randall
Marchand- Bergeron- Connolly
Beleskey- Kemp- Hayes
Koko- Spooner- Talbot

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
No way. Koko is the natural replacement. Give him a chance to display those skills.

And it's Krejci. Every time a Bruins fan spells his name wrong, God kills a kitten. Save the kitties, please!

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. He took a few shifts there in the Arizona game IIRC. Why not.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Noooooo, I like Randell but Krecji and Lou deserve more.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I agree with Artemis. While Pasta is out Koko needs to play there to show what he got.

Now if he chokes then thats a different story.......................

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
No way. Koko is the natural replacement. Give him a chance to display those skills.

And it's Krejci. Every time a Bruins fan spells his name wrong, God kills a kitten. Save the kitties, please!

Not to mention it is "Randell" not Randall.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
In light of the injury to Pastrnak , Krecji needs a natural right shooting winger. I see Randall in that postion. Hard working such as Weise for the Habs. Line should be as follows with injuries to kelly and pastrnak

Eriksson- Krecji- Randall
Beleskey- Kemp- Hayes
Koko- Spooner- Talbot

Personally not a fan. Love his game but he is better suited for the bottom-6 and I think Koko has earned a longer look on the top line. If he continues to not produce there then I move Hayes or Beleskey up before Randell.

Also, I'm still not a fan of that skilled 4th line. We're seeing now why you need the glue guys and the battle tested shut down line. This team has no problems scoring goals, stopping them 5v5 and on the PK on the other hand is a problem. They need to look to replace that element of Kelly's game IMO and maybe even add another element of that to the bottom line.

BigBadBruins63*

Agreed, on both points. I had to watch the game w/ Bruins in 2 last night, and focused on Koko specifically. He looked good. He was nervous, you could tell, but he definitely has skills, drew a penalty, and he didn't take a shift off.

Next game, hopefully the nerves will be subdued, and he'll show more of the skills he possesses. I really don't get the hate for Koko (not from you, of course). That was his 5th NHL game. It's absurd. People want him to fail. That's the sense i get.

And the 2nd point specifically. THANK YOU. LEARN TO SPELL THE PLAYERS NAMES. If you aren't sure, check the roster. It's not hard, if you watch the team, learn their names. Like :shakehead arghhhh, it's aggravating. :laugh:

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Agreed, on both points. I had to watch the game w/ Bruins in 2 last night, and focused on Koko specifically. He looked good. He was nervous, you could tell, but he definitely has skills, drew a penalty, and he didn't take a shift off.

Next game, hopefully the nerves will be subdued, and he'll show more of the skills he possesses. I really don't get the hate for Koko (not from you, of course). That was his 5th NHL game. It's absurd. People want him to fail. That's the sense i get.

And the 2nd point specifically. THANK YOU. LEARN TO SPELL THE PLAYERS NAMES. If you aren't sure, check the roster. It's not hard, if you watch the team, learn their names. Like :shakehead arghhhh, it's aggravating. :laugh:

It shouldn't be . Many here are likely posting from a variety of devices such as a phone where it is easy enough to make a mistake . As long as someone gets the point across and there spelling is correct the majority of the time why nitpick ?

BigBadBruins63*

It shouldn't be . Many here are likely posting from a variety of devices such as a phone where it is easy enough to make a mistake . As long as someone gets the point across and there spelling is correct the majority of the time why nitpick ?

There are some here who constantly spell the players' names wrong. Everyone makes a mistake, but when you believe their names are spelt Krecji, Randall, Pasternack/pastrnack/pastrnek, erikson/erickson/ericsson along with others, then come on now.

It's not nitpicking. Just spell the names right.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
There's no prerequisite for spelling at this site.

Argue the content all you want. Not the grammatical skills of posters.

Edit - this isn't a debate.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Wow. Riveting typo/grammar/spelling discussion happening here. :laugh:

Have to agree with Arty that you don't promote Randell. You let Koko take a crack at it first to see what you have.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I agree with Artemis. While Pasta is out Koko needs to play there to show what he got.

Now if he chokes then thats a different story.......................

I agree as well. Give Koko the shot since the other lines are clicking so well and then he can't ***** that he wasn't given a chance.

Give him the shot and leave it up to him to prove he should stay here.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I give Khokhlachev the chance to fit on that line as well as call Vatrano up way before thinking about putting Randell on the 1st line.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

I never thought Eriksson - Krejci - Pasta was the best use of the skills we have as a team.

I thought Spooner and Pasta had great chemistry last year. Krejci always seems to play better with a big heavy winger on his line; Eriksson, Pasta, and Khoko aren't that.

Eriksson - Krejci - Hayes is my vote.

Go for a youth line with a vet; Spooner - Pasta or for now Spooner Khoko (on the wing) with Belesky.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Eriksson- Krejci- Koko/Hayes
Beleskey- Spooner- Hayes/Koko
Talbot - Kemp- Rinaldo

If Koko does nothing you have to promote Hayes to that line, 10 points in 11 games, you put your best players with your best players.

Keep Chara with C Miller, not K Miller.

Listen to me Julien, listen to me.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I never thought Eriksson - Krejci - Pasta was the best use of the skills we have as a team.

I thought Spooner and Pasta had great chemistry last year. Krejci always seems to play better with a big heavy winger on his line; Eriksson, Pasta, and Khoko aren't that.

Eriksson - Krejci - Hayes is my vote.

Go for a youth line with a vet; Spooner - Pasta or for now Spooner Khoko (on the wing) with Belesky.

Really like those options and would like to see it tried. Hayes has played some good hockey and drives the net well. He also has some speed which, with his size, should open up space for Krejci.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Spooner and Pastrnak reunited as I think both have had their struggles this year and maybe they can spark something between the two. I think having Pastrnak play against lesser competition should help him and that having another player like Pastrnak who can control the play would help Spooner.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Why does everyone have Talbot playing? He should be the 13th F at best.

Eriksson- Krejci - Hayes
Marchand - Bergeron -Connolly
Beleskey - Kemp - Koko
Rinaldo - Spooner - Randell

Talbot - Spare

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
So far Loui and Krejci have been on the ice for 70 minutes ES together and Loui has 1 ES goal. Not exactly lighting it up yet.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Koko until Pasta comes back, if Koko is looking good in the NHL than maybe something that looks like.

Eriksson-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Kemppainen-Hayes
Koko-Spooner-Randell

Take the pressure off of Spooner and give us the shutdown line. Koko and Randell can both be physical as well, creating a quick dangerous line with a little punch.

With Kelly gone I'm really not sure what would look best. Hayes next to Krejci would be nice but that third line I think would fall apart. With my proposed lines you could perhaps switch Spooner with Kemppainen but I think right now Kemp has earned the right to play more minutes against harder competition.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So far Loui and Krejci have been on the ice for 70 minutes ES together and Loui has 1 ES goal. Not exactly lighting it up yet.

If we watch the games it's easy to see Lou&Krejci have strong chemistry already and both have been great.
Saying like that you make it sound that they have been bad which is very far from the truth.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

Its Loui away from the puck that has been beastly. That's the thing, people that look for Loui to snipe goals aren't going to be pleased. His smart plays have set up numerous goals, and also kept numerous goals out of our net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad