TV: True Detective (Part IV)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Have we all forgotten in the first episode that Tom Purcell's parents said that his wife was running around on him and that everyone believes Lucy isn't his? That plus the note basically says to me right away that whoever took her believes himself to be her real father.
I agree, and it's pretty likely that Hayes was correct that the boy was killed accidentally trying to stop it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Episode was fantastic btw.

Have we all forgotten in the first episode that Tom Purcell's parents said that his wife was running around on him and that everyone believes Lucy isn't his? That plus the note basically says to me right away that whoever took her believes himself to be her real father.

That and her on the phone saying as much.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

Agreed. I believe it's the DA in the 80, AG in 90. He would have had access to the Woodword crime scene to plant the bookbag.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Kidnapping your own daughter is one thing, but I question why the boy needed to be killed in the process

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I knew it was going to be a pink room at the end of the hallway

And are we in agreement that the former cop who went into private security was likely having an affair with Tom?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
And are we in agreement that the former cop who went into private security was likely having an affair with Tom?

Not sure where you're getting that from. He was walking into the pink room at the end of the episode, presumably to kill/incapacitate/frame Tom. He's definitely been paid off by Hoyt.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Not sure where you're getting that from. He was walking into the pink room at the end of the episode, presumably to kill/incapacitate/frame Tom. He's definitely been paid off by Hoyt.

There were allusions to both characters' homosexuality but that doesn't mean they are connected in that way.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
He made a comment about Hays’ body at his office. Granted, that might not mean anything but it was clearly suggestive (IMO). Hays reacted to it.
Ah, yes, I do recall that now. Seemed very out of place so I would bet it does have some meaning. Whether or not those two had a relationship of some sort remains TBD, but it's a good catch!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Anyone find that shot of the worker outside the halfway house or whatever a little strange? Seemed like the lingered on that worker (not sure what he was) for an unusually long time. Seems like that has to mean something.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He made a comment about Hays’ body at his office. Granted, that might not mean anything but it was clearly suggestive (IMO). Hays reacted to it.

It should've been more subtle. That's the sort of thing that viewers should catch on the 2nd viewing, not the first

Instead of "you have a good body" + the reaction from Hays, he should've just said "you're obviously very fit" with no reaction from Hays

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Anyone find that shot of the worker outside the halfway house or whatever a little strange? Seemed like the lingered on that worker (not sure what he was) for an unusually long time. Seems like that has to mean something.

He's Julie's childhood friend.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Is Dan O'Brien working with the Hoyts?

It seems pretty clear he told Tom about them, but Harris was also clearly expecting Tom to come (door was wide open and he casually watched him enter).

Loving this season so far. I'm amazed people picked up Tom was gay I would never have guessed lol.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is Dan O'Brien working with the Hoyts?

It seems pretty clear he told Tom about them, but Harris was also clearly expecting Tom to come (door was wide open and he casually watched him enter).

Loving this season so far. I'm amazed people picked up Tom was gay I would never have guessed lol.

You mean some people suspected that before the latest episode?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Bunch of reveals in the last episode and only two episodes left. Kindt and crew try to assign blame and even plant evidence to get the investigation closed hit home. Lazy, concerned about the media attention or in on it? Very similar to many real-life cases over the years.

The interrogation was very tense, the look on Dorf's face as he looked out the one-way mirror. There were some hints and I even suspected the real father had her. There will be some twist and turns regarding the murder.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Finally caught up. This show is fantastic. Ali and Dorff are badasses. That Indian cutting lose reminded me of Hanzee from Fargo. Amelia is really annoying. Tom being gay is something I did not see coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad