Proposal: Troy Stecher for Kevin Fiala or Ondrej Kase

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
There have been Twitter rumours that the recent roster moves by the Canucks today will either result in:
a) Loui Eriksson sent down
b) Gaudette traded
c) a Defenceman traded.

I personally think its possible that both a) and c) would happen, with Stecher likely to be moved since he can be traded at a decent value for his skill. While he is a smallish dman, he is top 4 quality for most teams and a very solid all-around player.

Some of the rumours have involved Kevin Fiala (who is scratched today) or Ondrej Kase (i honestly have no idea why Ducks would trade him, but he keeps coming up in trade rumours.

Question is: Would Minnesota or Anaheim accept a deal for Troy Stetcher?
While I really like Stecher, the prospect of having Kase on the Canucks would be awesome - i personally think he is a very underrated player.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Anaheim sure wouldn't go for that. And why would the Canucks move Stecher when their d depth is weak.

I like Fiala but I don't see where he fits in for Canucks

Reactions: JackFr

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There have been Twitter rumours that the recent roster moves by the Canucks today will either result in:
b) Gaudette traded
c) a Defenceman traded.

I personally think its possible that both a) and c) would happen, with Stecher likely to be moved since he can be traded at a decent value for his skill. While he is a smallish dman, he is top 4 quality for most teams and a very solid all-around player.

Some of the rumours have involved Kevin Fiala (who is scratched today) or Ondrej Kase (i honestly have no idea why Ducks would trade him, but he keeps coming up in trade rumours.

While I really like Stecher, the prospect of having Kase on the Canucks would be awesome - i personally think he is a very underrated player.
Stecher would be behind Dumba and Spurgeon on the right side in Minnesota, and Suter and Brodin if he can play the left side. I can't see them having much interest.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
b) Gaudette traded
c) a Defenceman traded.

Whatsthisnow?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I doubt either or both return those players in Fiala or Kase.

I wouldn’t mind Stecher or Gaudette though. Any interest in something like

Puljujarvi + Kharia + pick or prospect for the pair?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Kase might be our best forward, it makes no sense for him to be moved for anything less than an overpayment
I'm not disputing any of this and it has nothing to do with what you originally said, which was that Kase for Hughes would be an overpayment of a similar magnitude as Stecher for Kase, which I don't think you actually believe. A global moderator, especially one who is visible and generally respected for their contributions, should not be modelling the kind of dumb, deliberate hyperbole that starts so many arguments on these boards.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm not disputing any of this and it has nothing to do with what you originally said, which was that Kase for Hughes would be an overpayment of a similar magnitude as Stecher for Kase, which I don't think you actually believe. A global moderator, especially one who is visible and generally respected for their contributions, should not be modelling the kind of dumb, deliberate hyperbole that starts so many arguments on these boards.

I’d expect on Edmonton’s behave that if we targeted a player like Kase or Rakell who I also like the ask would definitely be Broberg or Bouchard. I’m not saying I’d like it but why would they settle for less.

He stated it’s an overpayment and was pointing out Stecher basically doesn’t even start the conversation. I have no issue with his take. If anything you’re stirring the argument pot more than you claim he was

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
He stated it’s an overpayment and was pointing out Stecher basically doesn’t even start the conversation. I have no issue with his take. If anything you’re stirring the argument pot more than you claim he was
No, he made a specific comparison that he knows is disingenuous and inaccurate. I have no problem with people thinking trade proposals are lopsided, but when points of disagreement are met with grating hyperbole, then what results isn't really a conversation.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No, he made a specific comparison that he knows is disingenuous and inaccurate.

Did he though. I’m not the only one who seems to agree with him.

I wouldn’t trade Kase for 2 Stecher’s. I’d definitely part with either Bouchard or Broberg if it meant getting both Kase and Rakell.

You’re arguing a stated gap between value. Everyone and their dog knows Hughes holds more value

Hughes >> Kase >> Stecher

how is that a disingenuous value if that is what he was implying which is how I also see it

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not even f***ing remotely close for Fiala

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
No, he made a specific comparison that he knows is disingenuous and inaccurate. I have no problem with people thinking trade proposals are lopsided, but when points of disagreement are met with grating hyperbole, then what results isn't really a conversation.
There's not much conversation to be had regardless of how much you think I exaggerated. Kase is not someone that would be made available for a player of Stecher's caliber.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
There's not much conversation to be had regardless of how much you think I exaggerated. Kase is not someone that would be made available for a player of Stecher's caliber.
Again -- this has nothing to do with what I said and I never disputed that Stecher wouldn't return Kase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad