Confirmed with Link: Troy Stecher Dad Passes Away ( RIP)

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
My Deepest condolences to Troy and his family. Troy is an outstanding man on and off the ice and I'm certain his father played a role in molding Troy into the man he is today. Well done sir and may you rest in peace.

Reactions: Didalee Hed

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Well thats one hell of a father's day present. Tough. And probably fairly young considering Stecher is only 24 years old.

Lost my father 16 years ago and still miss him. However, we all know this game is only going to end one way, and it is better for kids to bury their parents than the other way around.

Saw my daughter's on the weekend for the first time in almost 2 years, it was a fantastic father's day. Everyone, appreciate them while you still have them around.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
My condolences to Troy and the Stecher family.

Sigh.....2020 continues to be a lousy year, and we're only half way through it.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
That sucks.
His dad must have been quite young still?
Stecher is only 26.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Didn't realize until reading it in the Province that Troy Stecher is third Canuck lose his father this year-- Jacob Markstrom and Zack MacEwan being the others.

We always debate the performance and worth of NH players, sometimes forgetting that tragedy visits their lives like everybody else. I'm quite sure that more than a few posters on these boards have lost their fathers and every Father's Day thereafter brings a lump to the throat.

Condolences to all the people who are close to Troy, Jacob and Zack.....fans are thinking of you and your families at this time.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That sucks.
His dad must have been quite young still?
Stecher is only 26.
Depends on how you define young. Troy is the youngest of 3 children. So, depending on the age gap between Troy and his oldest, it could be 5-7 years or something. So, if his oldest sibling is in their early 30's, then Peter Stecher could be in his 60's.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Depends on how you define young. Troy is the youngest of 3 children. So, depending on the age gap between Troy and his oldest, it could be 5-7 years or something. So, if his oldest sibling is in their early 30's, then Peter Stecher could be in his 60's.
60s is still young in my opinion. I think everyone hopes and sorta expects their parents to live a bit longer than that.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just read IMac's piece on Canuck players losing their fathers. Zack MacEewan's dad died suddenly and unexpectedly at just 48. Wow that's tough. Your heart goes out to all these players.

As IMac points out, being just in your 20's and losing your father isn't something you ever expect or think will happen. It's really young and means missing out on a lot of years. I hope they can take comfort from family, friends and all the fans thinking of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->