Confirmed with Link: Troy Stecher 2 year deal

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I like the direction the team is heading, on top of Yzerman's knack for building a skilled roster we are collecting those compete players too with those motors. This next season is starting to shape up to be interesting.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is a $4 million player screwed over by biases against his size.

5’10 with 20 points doesn’t look good on the back of a hockey card but when the games are actually played you’ll spend his 20 minutes in the right end of the rink. Highly mobile, great hockey sense, takes abuse to make plays.

Great signing by your team.

Additional thing is that if anyone actually figures out how good he is, on that contract he should be a Coleman/Goodrow type asset at the deadline who would be very attractive to playoff teams.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Like this deal and the 2 dman Yzerman added this offseason.

Also like how Yzerman is using the cap getting low cap hits so far to keep room at the deadline to take on hopefully a bad contract from a contender and poach a 1st round pick from them.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Stetcher
Merrill-Lindstrom
Staal-Biega
Cholowski

So much more tolerable than last year's blue line. All three of Nemeth/Merrill/Stetcher have potential trade value, or can stick around as affordable stop-gaps.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Stetcher
Merrill-Lindstrom
Staal-Biega
Cholowski

So much more tolerable than last year's blue line. All three of Nemeth/Merrill/Stetcher have potential trade value, or can stick around as affordable stop-gaps.

Yeah, that's more what this year's FA is about. We're not going to fix it all at once... so let's add pieces that actually make us something more than a team of pylons that has no chance in any game.

I would really like for Hronek to be able to refine his offensive skill and get better defensively without him having to be a 100% all situations, only guy on the roster who can actually skate without falling D man.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Nemeth-Hronek
Dekeyser-Stecher
Merrill-Biega
Staal/Lindstrom

Genuinely better than last season, cautiously optimistic

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
I hope he plays good enough to get a longer contract with Detroit in two years!! I never heard of the guy but I've read nothing but good things about him!!

Will he be a instant starter in Detroit or will he be shifting back and forth from Detroit to Grand Rapids?

Reactions: Hockey Rush

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
LD DeKeyser - RD Hronek
LD Nemeth
--- RD xxx ? <------------ Seider after a season in Sweden?
LD MStaal ---- RD Stecher
LD Merrill -- RD Biega

Nemeth and Biega traded at the deadline.

Then:
LD DeKeyser -- RD Hronek
LD Merrill
--- RD Seider
LD MStaal --- RD Stecher
(Cholowski, Lindström)

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I hope he plays good enough to get a longer contract with Detroit in two years!! I never heard of the guy but I've read nothing but good things about him!!

Will he be a instant starter in Detroit or will he be shifting back and forth from Detroit to Grand Rapids?
Starter. He played very regularly for Vancouver.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Yeah, that’s the *EDIT* with this off-season. It’s obviously not a home run. But every single move is a walk or a scratched out single or a productive out like a sac fly that scores a run.

If you’re looking for big splashy moves, none here. Wings are trying to be somewhat respectable (aka not complete dogshit) in 20-21. And look to reshape it all in 21-22

E: I previously said issue and that sounded negative to me. That's the crux of this off-season? That's the beauty of this offseason?

I believe the generic, non-committal, non-weighted word you're looking for here is "thing."

I think I liked Stetcher in the Canucks post-season games I watched, so I'm cool with this signing as well. I just don't know where they're going to fit all these defensemen.

Just get a reasonable 2C and we're cooking with water.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Not familiar with Stecher but this seems like a great move.

Makes me think of when Burke signed Lebda thinking that maybe he could just handle more minutes since he was fine as a third pair guy with the Wings. This past season Stecher was 7th in TOI/G for Canuck D, 5th in ESTOI/G. He averaged less than 16 minutes a night for them, and was the guy they shuttled down the lineup with Hughes being there a full season and grabbing Myers over the summer. But then Yzerman kept Biega around and the 'nucks wanted him off their team, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad