News Article: Troy Mann re-signed to a 2 year extension

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No brainer,but nontheless GJ this guys has done a great job turning our kids, into men ready to play in the NHL

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
The Mann brothers both need to be part of the long-term plan of the organization. I would be miffed if he was thrown into coach role as rookie coach. I would rather he went into director of player development position.A much safer role and have him around longer then coaches or GM's potentially.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
The Mann brothers both need to be part of the long-term plan of the organization. I would be miffed if he was thrown into coach role as rookie coach. I would rather he went into director of player development position.A much safer role and have him around longer then coaches or GM's potentially.
Who does this if they want to be a coach? That doesn’t really make Sense

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Pure speculation on my part, but I get the feeling DJ will be feeling the pressure to start strong or else Capuano/Mann will replace him before the season is gets too old.

good signing either way. I’m a fan of Troy Mann

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Troy Mann has been coaching for years. He’s not going to suddenly not be a coach IMO

Depends if Dorion said I am moving over to president in three years we want your brother to GM and you to be his assistant GM do you think he would say no to moving away from coaching to management training? I think he might find that interesting and a good path to take.
Let’s face it his contract was up and not one team in the NHL wanted him for part of their coaching staff.

Reactions: topshelf15

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Troy Mann has been coaching for years. He’s not going to suddenly not be a coach IMO
Wait what? Why on earth is that even being considered? Honestly, I can't think of a coach that suddenly opted to change streams and stop coaching aside from head coaches that become GMs (not common these days but back in the day guys like Murray, Martin, Quinn and Sutter did).

Are there any recent examples of a coach switching over to a position like Director of player development? Is this a thing that I've just missed because it's typically done by lower profile guys or something...

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Depends if Dorion said I am moving over to president in three years we want your brother to GM and you to be his assistant GM do you think he would say no to moving away from coaching to management training? I think he might find that interesting and a good path to take.
Let’s face it his contract was up and not one team in the NHL wanted him for part of their coaching staff.
Yes I don’t think he would take that, and why would the sens offer that to him? He has no experience in that kind of position.

and yeah I do think people are overvaluing his nhl prospects for sure

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yes I don’t think he would take that, and why would the sens offer that to him? He has no experience in that kind of position.

and yeah I do think people are overvaluing his nhl prospects for sure

Because the Mann’s seem to be good hockey people with a fair bit of respect and seem to not mind working for the sens. Finding them good positions and good jobs is probably in the best interest of both parties

Reactions: Yak

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We dont ever agree on much ,but this absolutely seems like a great idea

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think he is destined to be an AC in the NHL by the end of this contract, hopefully here.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad