Troy Mann new B-Sens Coach

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
We need someone who can help develop young players, I don't know anything about Mann but hopefully he's that kind of guy.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Cup Final is bittersweet validation for fired Hershey coach

Good article here about Mann and how he played a role in the Caps winning the cup.

Got key guys likes Vrana, Stephenson, and Djoos ready to be pros amongst others.

Stephenson actually credited Mann for his willingness to play the younger guy and really giving them a chance to succeed.. which obviously is a great plus for us sens fans who will likely be relying on youth and prospect development for the next few years.

Hes had lots of success with Hersey making the playoffs 3 out of the 4 years which includes a finals appearance. Trotz gave Mann a lot of credit for his ability to get their AHL guys to be ready and prepared for the NHL.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I like the fact we have done this ,Trent has done some great work in the clutch for us...His brother looks to be a winner as well,maybe we can fix the Belleville team and give the fans down there something to cheer about

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion really emphasizing that Character angle. Still want to know about the Broken room .. and when he decided there was one.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
If he really values development over playing ahl vets than I love this hire. Also interesting that we’d hire the B Sens coach while Randy is still suspended. Wonder if that means anything.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
If he really values development over playing ahl vets than I love this hire. Also interesting that we’d hire the B Sens coach while Randy is still suspended. Wonder if that means anything.

Fingers crossed that he’s given his last shoulder rub as our AGM

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I entered this thread expecting nepotism as any hire these days seems to be.

Was not disappointed haha, so I'm glad to hear he is a highly regarded coach.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If he's truly about player development, this will be a nice addition to the organization. We badly needed to move away from Kleinendorst and his love of veterans without a future.

He's also got an outside shot at being the Sens next coach so that's nice for him.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Pretty happy with this hire. Belleville badly needed a coach willing to develop the young players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad