Troy Bodie

Tyler Biggs*

Love the Bodie signing! This guy can play almost anywhere in the line up (lines 2, 3 or 4) and is an effective, energetic forechecking winger with BIG size and some skill. He is also fearless and drives the net hard. LOVE this, this guy earned a contract last season. I sense a much tougher, more well rounded 2-way group next season which is something that was sorely miss last season. Say goodbye to the softies (Raymond, Gunnarsson) and bring in the grit and 2-way guys (Kontiola, Komarov, Bodie, Polak, Santo).

Tyler Biggs*

WHAT!?! They placed Bodie on waivers?!? The one guy who gave his 110% every shift last year?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
WHAT!?! They placed Bodie on waivers?!? The one guy who gave his 110% every shift last year?

We will find out by noon EST today whether Bodie cleared or was claimed.

I was hoping :crossfing that by keeping Bodie on the Leafs that it would mean they didn't feel the need to keep McLaren\Orr around. With Bodie's departure it almost guarantees Orr will be on the 23 man roster this year.

Bodie had 3-7-10 points in 47 games last year and was a +5 which to me seems like a 4th line player cable of playing a regular shift when needed and also adding the toughness factor required in a line-up.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I can't believe it looks like Orr will make this team over Bodie.

Can't wait for Carlyle and Nonis to finally get fired.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Would much rather have Bodie in the lineup than the two useless guys. He plays the 4th line role much better than them. Makes no sense.

I don't understand at all the team's fascination with Orr.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Would much rather have Bodie in the lineup than the two useless guys. He plays the 4th line role much better than them. Makes no sense.

I don't understand at all the team's fascination with Orr.

It's mind baffling that they would keep Orr at this point! Orr has not lived up to his reputation since his fight with Parros last season!

At least Bodie could chip in a little 4th line offense, and, be tough at the same time. What offense does Orr bring? What offense will Orr ever bring?

Where the heck is Shanahan on these dumb decisions? Maybe he's giving Nonis and Carlyle enough rope?

Maybe Shanahan is the TANK COMMANDER.

Tyler Biggs*

Tough break for Bodie but it won't hurt his game to play with the Marlies. Good solid player, good to have some depth. Who knows, he could be back up in no time?

Tyler Biggs*

If you're going to have a fighter on your team, let it at least be one who can contribute more than just fighting. Therefor, I choose Troy Bodie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad