Trouba vs. Provorov

Who do you want?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The better player right now is close, but Trouba. Going forward you take the guy 3 years younger.

People get so triggered on here :laugh:

Where are the people getting triggered? And I'd take IP right now without much hesitation

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Where are the people getting triggered? And I'd take IP right now without much hesitation

In one of the trade threads, someone suggested Flyers trading for Trouba.

WPG fans responded with "For Provorov maybe, sure"
Flyers fans said "Hellz to the no"
WPG fans have dug in and said Trouba is better than Provorov (actually, they said Ghost is better, too)
Flyers fans are dumbfounded. I believe this poll was created to illustrate a point to the WPG fans.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Why is it being triggered to get data to support an argument in a debate?

Not specifically referring to this OP. Just in general whenever there is an argument about two players, instead of making an argument themselves they just run to the polls section and ask someone else to do it for em.

OP asks who do you want, but then "who is better", two different questions. I think Trouba is better now, but homer thoughts aside I'd take the guy 3 years younger who is ahead in development at the same age.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Provorov right now, and Provorov by a mile in a few years. The three years age difference between the two at 24 and 21 are three huge years of development. Trouba is a very good player who could continue to get better. Provorov is a very good player who could become a perennial Norris candidate by the time he hits 25.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Trouba easily. Provorov is good, but nowhere near Trouba yet. Provorov's rep is inflated by playing in the east.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
These threads are great for showing who really understands hockey.

Jets fans:
Virtually every measurable advanced stat shows Trouba miles ahead of Provorov.

Flyers fans:
Well we don't care about stats and evaluating objectively, we watch Provorov all the time, so he's better.
:laugh::facepalm:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Jets fans:

Flyers fans:
Well we don't care about stats and evaluating objectively, we watch Provorov all the time, so he's better.
86% of people would disagree with you so keep laughing.

Reactions: Devonator

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

Jets fans:

Flyers fans:
:laugh: I hope you recognize the irony in your post.

“These threads are great for showing who really understands hockey” .... followed by “virtually every advanced stat” :laugh:

Provorov does so many things you can’t teach. Exceptional instincts, even more so when considering his age. Doesn’t get beat often, rarely misses an assignment. Stick and body usually in the right place. He’s textbook.... Trouba is... more gritty, though? So there’s that.

This one isn’t very close. It’s Provorov easily.

Reactions: Devonator

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
:laugh: I hope you recognize the irony in your post.

“These threads are great for showing who really understands hockey” .... followed by “virtually every advanced stat” :laugh:

Provorov does so many things you can’t teach. Exceptional instincts, even more so when considering his age. Doesn’t get beat often, rarely misses an assignment. Stick and body usually in the right place. He’s textbook.... Trouba is... more gritty, though? So there’s that.

This one isn’t very close. It’s Provorov easily.
Yup, yup. I see your argument now. "I have nothing tangible at all that can show Provorov as being anywhere near Trouba, but I say he's better, so he is." Got ya'.:facepalm:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Trouba is currently better overall, he’s a better fit for the Jets going forward but Provorov will be better(it’s a question of how much) and is younger. I think with the age and talent regards I’d choose Provorov(probably put Niku on his off side/ RD).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->